MBC Theme - Xenon Beta Released:

Cheesegeezer

buddyweiser

Ok @@Cheesegeezer, I think I have this figured out. If I select Upcoming TV then go up browse etc, then go over to another library and click something in the EHS, the strange behavior results. However, if I select Next Up under Tv Shows, then browse and go to another library and select something in the EHS, behavior is fine. Next Up appears to be the only one that provides accurate navigation. I figured this out after downloading the dll you posted above, then updated to 27 and confirmed the behavior there as well. Hope this helps, and MUCH THANKS for the continued support on this issue!

buddyweiser

@@Cheesegeezer, indeed, I have lily pad setup, but I have a default profile in Xpadder for mouse movement/basic Windows controls. So when I open ps2 emulator from MBC, my wmc xpadder profile unloads, and the default profile auto loads. However, there is an option in xpadder to ignore the default profile if certain programs are launched, but this doesn't work properly for ps2 emulator. It works fine if I manually close xpadder before I open ps2 emulator...

Cheesegeezer

Ok @@Cheesegeezer, I think I have this figured out. If I select Upcoming TV then go up browse etc, then go over to another library and click something in the EHS, the strange behavior results. However, if I select Next Up under Tv Shows, then browse and go to another library and select something in the EHS, behavior is fine. Next Up appears to be the only one that provides accurate navigation. I figured this out after downloading the dll you posted above, then updated to 27 and confirmed the behavior there as well. Hope this helps, and MUCH THANKS for the continued support on this issue!

So it's only happening in TVShows and UpcomingTV.... What about New/Unwatched/Watched or Resume.... how does it react with TVshows and navigation then?

Just trying to get it clear..... I had to write so much code to remember the states of the TVShow's RAL i could quite easily have buggered up some of my logic there which is why it isn't setting properly.

buddyweiser

@@Cheesegeezer

-if in upcoming tv, and go to another library in EHS, when backing out focus goes to user icon at top, then pressing down brings focus to upcoming tv EHS, instead of the library you were previously in.

-if in next up EHS, and go to another library in EHS, when backing out focus remains on library icon(instead of actual item on the EHS, for example if you went to movies, then went up to Noah, and clicked there, when backing out, instead of focus being on the Noah poster, it is below that on the Movies library. however, this is a GREAT improvement to what it is doing on other tv selections)

-if in new tv, and go to another library in EHS, when backing out focus goes to second item listed in new tv on EHS

-if in resume tv, and go to another library in EHS, same result as if in next up EHS, however when backing out here, all thumbs in EHS disappear, and to make them reappear, you have to move focus up to an item, then the thumbs will reappear.

-if in unwatched tv, and go to another library in EHS, when backing out focus goes to second item listed in unwatched tv on EHS

I haven't gone into this kind of detail on this issue as I was unsure what exactly was causing it until now, I really hope this helps so we can get this issue sorted once and for all! Maybe with this info you can reproduce this issue :s

Edited by buddyweiser
  • Like 1

buddyweiser

Localized Strings implemented!!!! Wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.  only took 2.5hrs.  
Layout in the xml file you can edit, is laid out with headers so you can easily nav to the section you want to change wording for.

Should be the final beta.

Have a real good play with it people.  

I'll put the champas on ice, but won't be cracking it open just yet..... i'm sure one of you will break it :P

Oh no, it seems the "EHS navigation ghost" has returned :( WHAT DID YOU DO CHEESE

Other than that, not sure what "localized strings implemented" means, so cant really test that  :P  but I don't edit xml files anyway  :rolleyes: 

Cheesegeezer

0.0.0.27 just gone up

Changelog

--------------

Finished off Localized Strings, Missed a few out on my last attempt.
Added 12/24hr clock option
Added Config Descriptions to main config
Code Housekeeping undergone.
  • Like 1

Cheesegeezer

My resolution is 1176x664(if I remember correctly)if I set it higher, part of the windows screen gets cut off on all sides. I have one of the first Samsung let's so I assume that's why it doesn't display properly? And zero overseas padding.

Other than ehs issues, everything looks great. I'm away for the weekend so can't check on things specifically but nothing bad/no bugs stand out in my memory. Other than some features that I want to request once xenon goes to release :P

Oh, and I'm getting some performance issues with pcsx2, I might not have the hardware to support it, but that's off topic.

I have a feeling it may be to do with your screen resolution. Have you set up your tv thru media center wizard in terms of inputs, resolutions etc, it may help.

Anyways enjoy your weekend away and we'll catch up next week some time ;)

Cheesegeezer

Oh no, it seems the "EHS navigation ghost" has returned :( WHAT DID YOU DO CHEESE

Other than that, not sure what "localized strings implemented" means, so cant really test that  :P  but I don't edit xml files anyway  :rolleyes:

I haven't done anything to the EHS since that update that seemed to have fixed it for you.

Localized strings can be found here - C:\ProgramData\MediaBrowser-Classic\Localization\Xenon-strings-en.Xml

Basically what it means is if you are from Kenya and want to use a local language of Swahili instead of English you can copy and paste the Xenon-strings-en file and rename it stringsXenon-strings-Swa.xml and edit all of the common labels such as NEW, UNWATCHED, PLAY, REVIEWS, etc, you get the idea and then, I believe this is how it works, MBC will then look at your location from MBS and use the appropriate localized strings for your country/language. 

So even if you didn't like the Label "Future Episodes" in the Upcoming TV RAL, you could go in and change it to something you preferred like "UPCOMING TV" and after a restart your new label would be shown.

Hope that makes sense. ;)

As for your PS2 emu..... defo sounds like Xpadder isn't honouring it..... however MBC is still in the background when PCSX2 launches, so it will never truely let go of that profile.

buddyweiser

I haven't done anything to the EHS since that update that seemed to have fixed it for you.

Localized strings can be found here - C:\ProgramData\MediaBrowser-Classic\Localization\Xenon-strings-en.Xml

Basically what it means is if you are from Kenya and want to use a local language of Swahili instead of English you can copy and paste the Xenon-strings-en file and rename it stringsXenon-strings-Swa.xml and edit all of the common labels such as NEW, UNWATCHED, PLAY, REVIEWS, etc, you get the idea and then, I believe this is how it works, MBC will then look at your location from MBS and use the appropriate localized strings for your country/language.

So even if you didn't like the Label "Future Episodes" in the Upcoming TV RAL, you could go in and change it to something you preferred like "UPCOMING TV" and after a restart your new label would be shown.

Hope that makes sense. ;)

As for your PS2 emu..... defo sounds like Xpadder isn't honouring it..... however MBC is still in the background when PCSX2 launches, so it will never truely let go of that profile.

Actually I just fixed it. I was having xpadder ignore the default upon launching pcsx2 previously. I just made a blank profile to launch with pcsx2 and that has it sorted. I needed a profile anyway, so that u could make a close window command. In all of my games it is LB+Back button. For advanced options(save/load/close window) I have a button combo setup so that those don't get accidentally pressed. It's quite handy, @@shaefurr helped me get it all sorted with the sets in xpadder.

As for the EHS, maybe the fix was a fluke? Is there any possible way I can get a copy of the version 25.dll? Just to see if it is fixed in that version?

• Like 1

buddyweiser

I have a feeling it may be to do with your screen resolution. Have you set up your tv thru media center wizard in terms of inputs, resolutions etc, it may help.

I have setup wmc with the wizard to no change.

Edited by buddyweiser

yardameus

So far, looks good to me.  I would say, make the final details page take the same background alpha overlay as the previous (coverflow etc..) page.  That way on backdrops with lighter backgrounds, the play, trailers, overview, actors, etc.. is readable.  I'll share a screenshot if you're not sure what I'm talking about.  Not so much of a bug, so it could be something implemented later on.  Just a little tweak.  Browsing and EHS seem nice and smooth to me now though.  So glad you made this theme and are part of the theme developers.

• Like 1

buddyweiser

I tried playing around with resolutions today, changing the resolutions and testing the navigation in Xenon. Of the handful of different resolutions that I tried, they all had the same navigation. I am at a loss to explain this. On the one hand, I think it has to be in Xenon, because none of the other themes that I use has this navigation issue. On the other hand, I can't believe it's Xenon, because no one else is able to reproduce these issues. So frustrating!

Apart from the EHS navigation, I am still loving Xenon(well, at the moment it's a love/hate relationship :P). One (hopefully small) thing I would like to see in music is to be able to cue up individual songs to the playing list, as it is rare that you would want to add an entire album when listening to music. Possibly a small + next to the song name would be nice. Not sure how easily this could be implemented.

I haven't been able to find any bugs, that I haven't previously mentioned.

Cheesegeezer

I tried playing around with resolutions today, changing the resolutions and testing the navigation in Xenon. Of the handful of different resolutions that I tried, they all had the same navigation. I am at a loss to explain this. On the one hand, I think it has to be in Xenon, because none of the other themes that I use has this navigation issue. On the other hand, I can't believe it's Xenon, because no one else is able to reproduce these issues. So frustrating!

Apart from the EHS navigation, I am still loving Xenon(well, at the moment it's a love/hate relationship :P). One (hopefully small) thing I would like to see in music is to be able to cue up individual songs to the playing list, as it is rare that you would want to add an entire album when listening to music. Possibly a small + next to the song name would be nice. Not sure how easily this could be implemented.

I haven't been able to find any bugs, that I haven't previously mentioned.

I'll percevere with trying to get to the bottom of the Nav issues.

As for queuing single songs you can press the "*" asterix button on your keyboard or have it set up on your xpadder.  This will bring up the context menu and at the bottom of the list you can queue individual songs.  But I do like the idea of the + sign.  I could add this easily.

Cheers

• Like 2

Cheesegeezer

@@AaronG85

@@Yogi

@@yardameus

@@kingy444

@@aspdend

@@CBers

Gents, can I ask if you are seeing any bugs at all.  Everything should be working nice and smoothly now and pretty quickly also.  I'm looking to release this as RC now, unless you have anything to report.  once it goes RC, i can open up a bugs thread and also a FR thread.  

Thank you all for your support in beta testing, I really do appreciate it :D

• Like 2

CBers

I don't use it every day, but the latest version looking really good.

Well done Mr Cheese.

• Like 1

Yogi

Hey Cheesy,

Everything working well here,just got everything back up and running last niight after the most shittiest weekend pc wise i have had.First my work pc lost a hard drive,lucky I had everything backed up except emails but that is kept on the exchange server.Not so bad if the It guy new what he was doing,4 hours later finally back with emails and 80+ emails to scour through with work,ugggggghhhhh!!!

And then if that wasn't enough lost all my movies 500+ off my HT when that drive shit itself.But hey there is biggewr things going on in the world so in the schene of things all minor,just a PITA.

Sorry for the rant and back on topic,

As said all looks good here,not seeing any navigation issues as buddyweiser is seeing,everything is smooth sailing so yeh I would say you are ready for a RC at least.

Again nice work matey on a great theme.

• Like 1

Cheesegeezer

Hey Cheesy,

Everything working well here,just got everything back up and running last niight after the most shittiest weekend pc wise i have had.First my work pc lost a hard drive,lucky I had everything backed up except emails but that is kept on the exchange server.Not so bad if the It guy new what he was doing,4 hours later finally back with emails and 80+ emails to scour through with work,ugggggghhhhh!!!

And then if that wasn't enough lost all my movies 500+ off my HT when that drive shit itself.But hey there is biggewr things going on in the world so in the schene of things all minor,just a PITA.

The "like" wasn't thrown in there for your crappy pc issues but for the feedback ref Xenon.  

Man I feel for you.  it's horrible when it all goes pete tong.... usually seems to be a chain of events that just pile up. Hope you can recover your movies :)

It's good to hear the theme is working nicely and stable, so probably tomorrow i'll set to RC.

• Like 1

Yogi

Nah they are gone but mates come in handy,only want my boxsets back like Bond and Bourne.I have a lot of the rest on bluray just takes time and a bit of unlaziness now on my part. <_<

Yeh even a full release for Xenon would be on the cards,it is flawless for me. ;) 

Edited by Yogi
  • Like 1

yardameus

All good on my end.  All your final tweaks seem to have done the trick.