MBC Theme - Xenon Beta Released:

Cheesegeezer

The images, i just get from MediaBrowser.Resources/images in mcml so if you change them in the core, they should change in my theme, this keeps standardization.

That's gonna work okay for the watched tick but the method of showing the unwatched count has changed in the past couple releases of MBC.

Previously, the unwatched count was constructed from a couple of nested colorfills and then some text overlayed.  Now it is an image (i:GreenCircle) with text within it.  So, you'll have to change your markup if you want that to match the core/Chocolate.

<Panel  Margins="5,5,5,5" Scale="1,1,1" Padding="0,0,0,0" Layout="Center" Name="UnwatchedIndicator" MaximumSize="42,42" >
                        <LayoutInput>
                          <AnchorLayoutInput Horizontal="Near" Vertical="Near"/>
                        </LayoutInput>
                        <Children>
                          <Text Name="UnwatchedCount" Content="" Color="color://s:FontColorLight" Font="[UnwatchedCountFont]" Margins="0,0,0,0"></Text>
                          <Graphic Visible="global://s:ShowWatchedMarkerBackgrounds" Content="image://i:GreenCircle"  MinimumSize="40,40" MaximumSize="40,40" MaintainAspectRatio="true" Layout="Center" ></Graphic>
                        </Children>
                      </Panel>
  • Like 1

Cheesegeezer

That's gonna work okay for the watched tick but the method of showing the unwatched count has changed in the past couple releases of MBC.

Previously, the unwatched count was constructed from a couple of nested colorfills and then some text overlayed.  Now it is an image (i:GreenCircle) with text within it.  So, you'll have to change your markup if you want that to match the core/Chocolate.

<Panel  Margins="5,5,5,5" Scale="1,1,1" Padding="0,0,0,0" Layout="Center" Name="UnwatchedIndicator" MaximumSize="42,42" >
                        <LayoutInput>
                          <AnchorLayoutInput Horizontal="Near" Vertical="Near"/>
                        </LayoutInput>
                        <Children>
                          <Text Name="UnwatchedCount" Content="" Color="color://s:FontColorLight" Font="[UnwatchedCountFont]" Margins="0,0,0,0"></Text>
                          <Graphic Visible="global://s:ShowWatchedMarkerBackgrounds" Content="image://i:GreenCircle"  MinimumSize="40,40" MaximumSize="40,40" MaintainAspectRatio="true" Layout="Center" ></Graphic>
                        </Children>
                      </Panel>

Much Appreciated. ;)

gjviii

Is there a setting to see the ratings of the movies?  I cant seem to find it and it helps us quickly decide if the movie is suitable for the kids.

Cheesegeezer

Is there a setting to see the ratings of the movies?  I cant seem to find it and it helps us quickly decide if the movie is suitable for the kids.

All views will display ratings if you have them. And will certainly be displayed on the final details page.

Which view do you mainly use? The only view i havent added them on is thumbstrip as i'm in the process of rewriting it.

gjviii

All views will display ratings if you have them. And will certainly be displayed on the final details page.

Which view do you mainly use? The only view i havent added them on is thumbstrip as i'm in the process of rewriting it.

Looks like I am using thumbstrip.  Thanks for the response

post-30-0-31516600-1405088303_thumb.png

gjviii

Looks like I am using thumbstrip.  Thanks for the response

It looks like it may be me missing something,  I just changed to a different view and I still don't see the ratings?

post-30-0-59785500-1405089130_thumb.png

Cheesegeezer

It looks like it may be me missing something,  I just changed to a different view and I still don't see the ratings?

they are definately in there, if you have them. Which country are you from?

Make sure that you have set up your metadata in the server.... Open up the MBS dashboard, then click on the metadata option.  Ensure that your preferred download language and Country are set. Then click save. You will need refresh your libraries in the server from the metadata manager ( select the option to only replace missing metadata and then click refresh)

gjviii

Which country are you from, do you have specific images or you just using USA ones

USA and I have nothing specific, just standard ones

Cheesegeezer

I just checked per your suggestion and they are in the metadata.  I also checked the server and my language and country are there as well.

Which country are you from, do you have specific images or you just using USA ones

Cheesegeezer

New version up

Have a play

ChangeLog Notes

-----------------------

Lots of Backend updates and fixes.
Hooked up all the config options now.
EHS still need working on 
Thumbstrip view completely reworked
  • Like 1

gjviii

I just checked per your suggestion and they are in the metadata.  I also checked the server and my language and country are there as well.

post-30-0-37136800-1405110749_thumb.png

buddyweiser

@@Cheesegeezer, small bug for games here. If you don't have an emulator setup in the GameBrowser plugin, there should be an error message displayed indicating such(upon pressing "Play"), as shown below

29b242e.png

I checked this in Chocolate and Classic themes, and both work properly. Xenon doesn't display any error message. I forgot I had uninstalled Project64 and it took me a minute to realize what was going on.

Edited by buddyweiser

buddyweiser

@@Cheesegeezer small aesthetic request. Not sure if this is Xenon or MBC, but when you focus on Games from EHS and click on Resume, There is nothing listed. I assume this is because there is no way for MBC to track external programs(just like when you play a movie using an external player like VLC, the movie is automatically set to watched with no option to resume). However, I would think that when you click on Resume(for games anyway), it should show the most recently played games. What do you think?

buddyweiser

New version up

Have a play

ChangeLog Notes

-----------------------

Lots of Backend updates and fixes.
Hooked up all the config options now.
EHS still need working on 
Thumbstrip view completely reworked

Loving Xenon Cheese. Gave this version a go, and all seems good so far. Nice fix on the detail overview not showing the last line of text. Overall this version seems a bit quicker on movement, not sure what you did but great job! Still seeing the strange behavior in the EHS as far as focus jumping around. Not sure if this is related, but if I use my mouse to back out of a view using the side button on the mouse, MBC acts as if I'm holding down the back button, and goes crazy(however, this is not an issue just in Xenon, but in all of MBC, where as the focus jumping around is contained strictly to Xenon).

• Like 1

Cheesegeezer

USA and I have nothing specific, just standard ones

Hmmmm this is an odd one, I can see all my GB ones fine and I have icon images actually in the dll file for USA and GB.

Anyone else experiencing this with MPAA ratings.

@@buddyweiser

@@yardameus

Yogi

Hey Cheese,

Another little issue with the new thumbnail view,if you use the logo above the poster it is cutting it off at the bottom as below.Just one more thing with that view you used to be able to scroll backwards,is this no longer possible,it was the quickest way to get to a title starting with V or W. That had a good WAF

post-68-0-29131800-1405126850_thumb.png

Also the unwatched,watched options at the bottom of the EHS is not changing it for TV,but does work for every other group.

Cheesegeezer

I don't have console games so I wouldn't know what the norm is.  It's no problems I can add that feature in a flash.

Yogi

Damn one thing I forgot was in the view options does the option with the arrow do anytihng.

post-68-0-58017900-1405127200_thumb.png

Geez I don't know why my images are so bloody small.

Edited by Yogi

Cheesegeezer

Hey Cheese,

Another little issue with the new thumbnail view,if you use the logo above the poster it is cutting it off at the bottom as below.Just one more thing with that view you used to be able to scroll backwards,is this no longer possible,it was the quickest way to get to a title starting with V or W. That had a good WAF

attachicon.gifUntitled.png

Also the unwatched,watched options at the bottom of the EHS is not changing it for TV,but does work for every other group.

Ok I'll reinstate the full scroller for thumbstrip view.  

I forgot to add the animation back for the logo, I'll sort that for the next release.

EHS needs some tlc and me and buddyweiser are gonna spend some time, probably tomorrow night sorting out all the issues on the EHS.  I think there is gonna be another rewrite, it was one of the first things I did and was quite green at this theme-ing stuff, now i'm a lot more knowledgable I should be able to make it work much nicer.

• Like 2

Cheesegeezer

Damn one thing I forgot was in the view options does the option with the arrow do anytihng.

attachicon.gifUntitled.png

Geez I don't know why my images are so bloody small.

Not Yet.  Have you clicked on the Thumbsize "+" button?

buddyweiser

Hmmmm this is an odd one, I can see all my GB ones fine and I have icon images actually in the dll file for USA and GB.

Anyone else experiencing this with MPAA ratings.

@@buddyweiser

@@yardameus

I can confirm this. I checked the Classic and Chocolate themes and they both show the ratings.

Cheesegeezer

I can confirm this. I checked the Classic and Chocolate themes and they both show the ratings.

so you are getting no images for MPAA ratings, just to be clear?

buddyweiser

so you are getting no images for MPAA ratings, just to be clear?

That is correct, I checked a few different movies (assorted ratings R, PG, G etc) and verified that they show as well in Classic and Chocolate.

Yogi

Not Yet.  Have you clicked on the Thumbsize "+" button?

Sorry I meant my attached images on the forum

That is correct, I checked a few different movies (assorted ratings R, PG, G etc) and verified that they show as well in Classic and Chocolate.

Same here matey,they show in chocolate,square etc but not in Xenon.

Edited by Yogi

gjviii

Sorry I meant my attached images on the forum

Same here matey,they show in chocolate,square etc but not in Xenon.

I can confirm mine show up in chocolate as well, but not xenon