MBC Theme - Xenon Beta Released:

Cheesegeezer

Cheesegeezer

Well Gents.... I've been completely oblivious to this as mine are working just fine hahaha.

Apologies, didn't realize it was a but.  

@@Yogi, I forgot to implement the WrapItemList option, so you can use that to set to always and have your never ending list.  I also just moved the logo up for the time being, i'll sort the animations out later.

I'm currently gonna work on the console message and the MPAA ratings.

Cheers

• Like 2

yardameus

I can also confirm, no ratings showing in Xenon, are showing in Subdued.

Cheesegeezer

29b242e.png

@@ebr where are you pulling this message from? is it from the API, i can't find a reference to this anywhere in MB Core.

thanks

Cheesegeezer

0.0.0.14 is up and a huge thanks to @@buddyweiser for helping me test behind the scenes. ;)

Fix MPAA Ratings
Thumbstrip can now wrap Item list
Logo has been shifted on Thumbstrip
Edited by Cheesegeezer
  • Like 2

@@ebr where are you pulling this message from? is it from the API, i can't find a reference to this anywhere in MB Core.

thanks

Looks like it is coming from GB Classic.

Cheesegeezer

Looks like it is coming from GB Classic.

Ahhhh, yeah i should have thought of that, glad someones brought their brain lol.

AaronG85

Sorry to be a complete n00b here but how do I update the theme? I'm completely lost.

Yogi

Sorry to be a complete n00b here but how do I update the theme? I'm completely lost.

Make sure you have the update level in MBC set to beta for the plugin level. and then it should update automattically when you start MBC.

Version 0.0.0.14 is the latest.

Edited by Yogi

Cheesegeezer

Are you sure you've set them in MBC and not just the server. 2 completely separate update systems.

Cheesegeezer

53c14a851f5d2_Untitled.png

53c14ac296965_Untitled1.png

Ok i know exactly what the issue is here.... Thanks for the screen shots.

Your version of Xenon is only compatible with that version MBC, you will also need to set your MBC level to beta in order to receive updates for Xenon.  MBC Beta's are extremely stable so you have nothing to fear.

• Like 1

Cheesegeezer

0.0.0.15 is up

ChangeLog

---------------

Hooked up Next & Prev Buttons on Final details
Fixed thumbsize not being saved for each view
Tidy up code
Performance improvements

EHS is the next one to work on so ignore any bugs with regards to that.
  • Like 1

buddyweiser

0.0.0.15 is up

ChangeLog

---------------

Hooked up Next & Prev Buttons on Final details

Fixed thumbsize not being saved for each view

Tidy up code

Performance improvements

EHS is the next one to work on so ignore any bugs with regards to that.

Great job on the next prev implementation! But if the focus is on the play button of an episode and you press up, the focus jumps up to the user icon. I love how fast xenon is coming along! Edited by buddyweiser

yardameus

Ratings look good.  Overview in final details looks good.  Most everything seems to be getting cleaned up nicely.  I had noticed the past several versions (maybe since .13) that the backdrop aren't showing up right away when browsing a collection.  If I enter a movie or show the backdrop shows up in the final details page, and then shows for that movie in coverflow (or thumbs or whatever view).  Only the movies or shows that I have entered and backed out of show the backdrop.  I tried refreshing the item, but no dice.  Not sure if anyone else is experiencing this, other themes are fine, and it was fine for me before.  I'll try a complete uninstall of Xenon and report back.

Did things backwards, should've tried the reinstall first.  All better now.

Edited by yardameus
  • Like 1

Cheesegeezer

Great job on the next prev implementation! But if the focus is on the play button of an episode and you press up, the focus jumps up to the user icon. I love how fast xenon is coming along!

I've tried FocusOrders and all sorts to get working correctly, WMC does it's own focusing, I will write a load of code to make it solid but just wanted to make sure that it's working first before I get into creating my own focus orders.

Ratings look good.  Overview in final details looks good.  Most everything seems to be getting cleaned up nicely.  I had noticed the past several versions (maybe since .13) that the backdrop aren't showing up right away when browsing a collection.  If I enter a movie or show the backdrop shows up in the final details page, and then shows for that movie in coverflow (or thumbs or whatever view).  Only the movies or shows that I have entered and backed out of show the backdrop.  I tried refreshing the item, but no dice.  Not sure if anyone else is experiencing this, other themes are fine, and it was fine for me before.  I'll try a complete uninstall of Xenon and report back.

What it's doing is adding your backdrops to the image cache, once that image has been cached then it will be available right away from that MBC machine.

I'm assuming you are on a network.

• Like 1

yardameus

That's what I figured as well, but no matter how long I let it sit, they never showed up, unless I went individually into the details page, and back out.  It was also still showing the green watched circle (instead of the new red).  Once I removed all of Xenon, and reinstalled a fresh download, all backdrops where there instantaneously, no lag or anything (same machine as server).

• Like 1

Cheesegeezer

That's what I figured as well, but no matter how long I let it sit, they never showed up, unless I went individually into the details page, and back out.  It was also still showing the green watched circle (instead of the new red).  Once I removed all of Xenon, and reinstalled a fresh download, all backdrops where there instantaneously, no lag or anything (same machine as server).

good news then, I guess it got confused with all the beta releases and crapped a brick.

Glad you're cooking on gas again ;)

• Like 1

yardameus

Yeah, something must not have been overwritten once or something, cause it's better than ever now.  Good job on the performance increases by the way.

Cheesegeezer

0.0.0.16 just gone up

Changelog

-------------

Fix Next Up RAL selectors not changing - may have a slight performance hit when navigating folders on EHS.

@@Yogi give this a test out

Also can everyone please check their navigation, @@buddyweiser is experiencing odd navigation.  See this video to see if you can repo this behavior.  Thanks

Please report back if you can or not.

http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/8505-mbc-theme-xenon-beta-released/page-5&do=findComment&comment=113648

• Like 1

Cheesegeezer

Well done.

Cheers mate, are you using it at all or given it a go, out of interest?

Yogi

0.0.0.16 just gone up

Changelog

-------------

Fix Next Up RAL selectors not changing - may have a slight performance hit when navigating folders on EHS.

@@Yogi give this a test out

Also can everyone please check their navigation, @@buddyweiser is experiencing odd navigation.  See this video to see if you can repo this behavior.  Thanks

Please report back if you can or not.

http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/8505-mbc-theme-xenon-beta-released/page-5&do=findComment&comment=113648

Hey Cheese,

RAL selectors are changing now,nice work,but the unwatched is not sticking on the TV,it always reverts back to Next Up.Maybe this is intended?

Also I am seeing the same behaviour as buddyweiser re the navigation issue.

• Like 1

Yogi

Oh forgot to add that the RAL sometimes disappears also. 

Enter an item off the RAL and back out to the EHS and every now and then it will be missing.Then select another item on the EHS (ie Movies) and it returns.

Will try to do a video later when I have some more time.