MBC Theme - Xenon Beta Released:

Cheesegeezer

Cheesegeezer

Last played is exactly what i would think resume should be for games :)

What does the web interface show for your games.... I can actually get this working I think ;)

buddyweiser

What does the web interface show for your games.... I can actually get this working I think ;)

It shows recently played games, if that's what your asking about. Also show is latest games.

Cheesegeezer

It shows recently played games, if that's what your asking about. Also show is latest games.

Leave it with me, it's not a show stopper really for a release.  Can you check chocolate and the default themes and tell me what they return?

Cheers

buddyweiser

They return nothing. I've already checked lol. Also, do you think this should be a change made to the core MBC rather than xenon?

Cheesegeezer

They return nothing. I've already checked lol. Also, do you think this should be a change made to the core MBC rather than xenon?

I think it should to be honest, but ebr may not want to implement it for whatever reason.  I'll have a chat with him regarding it.

Do you like the Upcoming TV feature ;)

buddyweiser

I think it should to be honest, but ebr may not want to implement it for whatever reason.  I'll have a chat with him regarding it.

Do you like the Upcoming TV feature ;)

I do indeed like the upcomingTV feature :D I like it so much, that I purchased the plugin almost right after @@ebr released it for MBC haha. I actually just realized that it doesn't show up in Xenon...I'm not sure if I like the feature you added more, or the plugin, I'll have to take a closer look when I wake up, but for now its nap time <_<

Cheesegeezer

0.0.0.21 just gone up

Changelog

--------------

Upcoming TV item can now be entered and info viewed :D
Removed Home and User Icons from Final Details Page - next/prev buttons are now main focus when navigating away from the bottom selector panel
  • Like 2

Cheesegeezer

0.0.0.22 just gone up 

minor change

added Season number to next up - just incase there is no season thumb available

Need to add mouse compatibility, a friend of mine found this bug.... there's a lot that can't be clicked with the mouse.

Need to sort out localized strings.

Once these are completed.  I'll change from beta to Release.

I'm flying back to London in a few hours, then upto Aberdeen tomorrow, so will be fairly removed from the forum.. please continue to post any bugs, feature requests or any praise :P

Cheers peeps.... see you on the dark side :D

• Like 1

david3663

In the thumb view i seem to remember at episode level it having title if not it should really be added. Also for tv shows i can't select to use banners until i am at episode level which doesn't make much sense. Other than that everything is working great so far for me will report anything else i find.

Cheesegeezer

In the thumb view i seem to remember at episode level it having title if not it should really be added. Also for tv shows i can't select to use banners until i am at episode level which doesn't make much sense. Other than that everything is working great so far for me will report anything else i find.

I just checked and episode titles are shown on thumb view.  Season titles appear to be missing as it only shows the Series Logo Image.  In thumb view TV Banners are disabled.

Are you sure you are using 0.0.0.21?

cheers

david3663

I just checked and episode titles are shown on thumb view.  Season titles appear to be missing as it only shows the Series Logo Image.  In thumb view TV Banners are disabled.

Are you sure you are using 0.0.0.21?

cheers

I actually just got the update when i backed out but i do not see episode titles in thumb view still. Any idea what could be the reason for this?

Oh correction I'm sorry its thumb strip view not thumb.

Edited by david3663

Cheesegeezer

I actually just got the update when i backed out but i do not see episode titles in thumb view still. Any idea what could be the reason for this?

Oh correction I'm sorry its thumb strip view not thumb.

Ah ok, i'll take a look later, just hopping in a cab for the airport.

• Like 1

Mortaelis

This is by far my favorite theme.  Great work!

One feature request: The ability to view CD music disc art along with DVD and Blu-ray disc art.  

• Like 1

buddyweiser

0.0.0.21 just gone up

Changelog

--------------

Upcoming TV item can now be entered and info viewed :D
Removed Home and User Icons from Final Details Page - next/prev buttons are now main focus when navigating away from the bottom selector panel

Checked this out, and I love the Upcoming TV info! However, my two cents-Should there be a bottom menu(Play, chapters etc) or the next/prev buttons on this view? Or, is it even possible to take them away without messing up the regular tv detail view? :s

Had a look at the second change, and there's a problem. It doesn't help removing the home and user icons, if the item you're viewing has a theme video/song, because then there is the "Now Playing" icon at the top, and that stays the main focus when navigating away from the bottom selector panel :( I don't know how it would look, but would it be possible to have next/prev buttons below the bottom selector panel? I think that would completely solve this issue, but as I said not sure if it would be appealing to the eye, or even if it would be easily changed :s

Still loving Xenon! Hopefully I can figure out why I'm experiencing jumpy navigation in the EHS, while no one else is, or has resolved their issues. Does anyone have any input or ideas I can try???

Have you experienced jumpy navigation in the EHS, and solved your issue???

If so, PLEASE SHARE HOW YOU SOLVED!!

• Like 1

Cheesegeezer

This is by far my favorite theme.  Great work!

One feature request: The ability to view CD music disc art along with DVD and Blu-ray disc art.  

I am planning on having this in, which will be available in future update.

Checked this out, and I love the Upcoming TV info! However, my two cents-Should there be a bottom menu(Play, chapters etc) or the next/prev buttons on this view? Or, is it even possible to take them away without messing up the regular tv detail view? :s

Had a look at the second change, and there's a problem. It doesn't help removing the home and user icons, if the item you're viewing has a theme video/song, because then there is the "Now Playing" icon at the top, and that stays the main focus when navigating away from the bottom selector panel :( I don't know how it would look, but would it be possible to have next/prev buttons below the bottom selector panel? I think that would completely solve this issue, but as I said not sure if it would be appealing to the eye, or even if it would be easily changed :s

Still loving Xenon! Hopefully I can figure out why I'm experiencing jumpy navigation in the EHS, while no one else is, or has resolved their issues. Does anyone have any input or ideas I can try???

Have you experienced jumpy navigation in the EHS, and solved your issue???

If so, PLEASE SHARE HOW YOU SOLVED!!

Your first point.... it makes no odds regarding whether the play panel is there or not, if you press play it tells you that you don't have the item in your collection, if you click actors, you can see the cast for that episode.. if you click on chapters it tells you that there are no chapters..   Alternatively I can create a new page for Upcoming TV items and give it it's own layout.

2nd point.... yeah ok, good catch... it's really annoying me with this focus issue.  I will have to fix this once and for all, it's such a shame.

@@Cheesegeezer, A few other small things I've noticed while playing around with the settings.

-Xenon does not recognize the global MBC setting of "Show Clock", and stays shown all the time

-Also regarding the Clock, the weather icon is pushing the clock off of the screen and is only half visible. I tried to find an option in MBC to turn off the weather to see if this would have any affect on this, but I could not find a weather option. Then I found the option in Chocolate Views tab, so I guess it is theme specific. Should there be an option in Xenon config page? I know you were trying to keep it as small as possible.

I can easily add a clock in there if you want it. I can add an option in for weather also.

Can you provide a screen shot of this clock issue, i can't repo it but I've had a couple of comments on it.  Can you please delete this folder for me also.

XenonStyles   -    located here C:\ProgramData\MediaBrowser-Classic\Plugins\Xenon\XenonStyles

then relaunch it.  Yardameus had a similar issue and I think it was because he hadn't cleared out that folder, during Alpha testing.

• Like 1

Cheesegeezer

this is how your clock should look

SF56iaQ.png

• Like 1

buddyweiser

@@Cheesegeezer, A few other small things I've noticed while playing around with the settings.

-Xenon does not recognize the global MBC setting of "Show Clock", and stays shown all the time

-Also regarding the Clock, the weather icon is pushing the clock off of the screen and is only half visible. I tried to find an option in MBC to turn off the weather to see if this would have any affect on this, but I could not find a weather option. Then I found the option in Chocolate Views tab, so I guess it is theme specific. Should there be an option in Xenon config page? I know you were trying to keep it as small as possible.

buddyweiser

I will delete that folder and also get your screen shot when I get home from work. I think an option for weather would be nice, but it doesn't make much sense to have a global clock setting AND a theme based one. What do you think?

yardameus

I figured I'd updat the Royal style, keep it in sync with the rest of the styles.  Nothing much changed, but kept the fonts a little closer to the rest (especially in the EHS).

Royal.zip

• Like 1

yardameus

Noticed what might be the issue with the weather/clock. Mine shows "Tuesday, July 15, 2014 10:29". Vs 16 July 2014 01:42

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

buddyweiser

Noticed what might be the issue with the weather/clock. Mine shows "Tuesday, July 15, 2014 10:29". Vs 16 July 2014 01:42

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You wouldn't happen to be using the metro 8.1 theme for wmc would you?

yardameus

Ummmm....  No?    For MediaCenterThemer?  I don't recall exactly, but I am using a more basic "theme", but not one that changed a bunch of stuff drastically (sounds, etc.. etc...)

buddyweiser

Ummmm.... No? For MediaCenterThemer? I don't recall exactly, but I am using a more basic "theme", but not one that changed a bunch of stuff drastically (sounds, etc.. etc...)

I'm pretty sure my date is in the same format as yours. I think it changed when I installed that theme is why I was asking.
  • Like 1

buddyweiser

this is how your clock should look

@@yardameus is correct, the Day of the week is pushing the clock off screen. I am pretty sure that the clock has been edited using MediaCenterThemer to include the week day. Here's the screenshot showing this.

334kkuf.png

unlike yardameus, I didn't participate in the alpha, and only installed the beta through MBC, but I DID delete the files you requested, to no effect.

Cheesegeezer

Dont worry about the date, i can control this i think, and get rid of the day of the week. I also thought i had the clock anchored to the rhs of the screen, but maybe i havent, i'll have a look later.

Just getting on my next flight now, will sort out these small issues once i'm home.

• Like 1