MBC Theme - Xenon Beta Released:

Cheesegeezer

buddyweiser

I think everything you are experiencing there is standard behavior in MBC and not xenon specific.

If you "play" something, it will take you to the player, but if you "queue" something, the assumption is that you want to probably queue more things so it doesn't take you to the player.

However, the normal skip operations with a remote control should still operate and you should be able to use the "Now playing" button (not sure where it is on xenon) when music is playing to go directly to the music player from any MBC screen.

What is the shortcut for skip in mbc so i can check it against my mapped buttons when i get a chance. Its possible i have something else mapped for skip as multiple shortcuts can sometimes do the same thing

Cheesegeezer

Ctrl+shift+F - that's a lie that's FFW not skip FWD

Edited by Cheesegeezer

Cheesegeezer

To do this

Use this key or keyboard shortcut

Mute or unmute volume

F8

Turn down volume

F9

Turn up volume

F10

Go to the Music library page

Ctrl+M

Play a song

Ctrl+Shift+P

Stop playing a song

Ctrl+Shift+S

Pause or resume a song

Ctrl+P

Go to the beginning of the current song

Ctrl+B

Skip to the next song

Ctrl+F

Fast forward a song

Ctrl+Shift+F

Rip a CD

Ctrl+R

Display the shortcut menu

Ctrl+D

Yogi

Mr Cheese,

Just struck a couple of bugs when selecting TV on the EHS and then going to change the Nextup ,unwatched,watched and new, if you click on the unwatched or in fact any of them it does not change it from nextup.Also some thumbs are not showing on the EHS.

Using .0.0.0.12.

Little vid attached to show what is happening,sorry about quality.

Cheers

Yogi

IMG_0416.MOV

Edited by Yogi
  • Like 1

Cheesegeezer

Mr Cheese,

Just struck a couple of bugs when selecting TV on the EHS and then going to change the Nextup ,unwatched,watched and new, if you click on the unwatched or in fact any of them it does not change it from nextup.Also some thumbs are not showing on the EHS.

Using .0.0.0.12.

Little vid attached to show what is happening,sorry about quality.

Cheers

Yogi

attachicon.gifIMG_0416.MOV

Damn i thought i had fixed that!! Good catch mr yogi ;)

Thumbs issue, is in hand and will be fixed in next mbc core beta release.

• Like 1

buddyweiser

@@Cheesegeezer I made the video I told you showing the behavior I mentioned yesterday. What is happening is, when I click on an item in say, games, if I backout, the focus is no longer on games, it is on tv shows. Then, if I click the down arrow, the focus is on movies. Also, if you click on Movies, or Music or Games, to view them all, and then backout, the focus is then on the "Unwatched" or "New" or whatever you had selected, in the top instead of on the main icons of the EHS(Music, Movies, Games etc), It's really confusing. Here is the vid.

View My Video

If you need a better copy I have a much larger vid file that I re-encoded to decrease size.

Edited by buddyweiser

Cheesegeezer

@@Cheesegeezer I made the video I told you showing the behavior I mentioned yesterday. What is happening is, when I click on an item in say, games, if I backout, the focus is no longer on games, it is on tv shows. Then, if I click the down arrow, the focus is on movies. Also, if you click on Movies, or Music or Games, to view them all, and then backout, the focus is then on the "Unwatched" or "New" or whatever you had selected, in the top instead of on the main icons of the EHS(Music, Movies, Games etc), It's really confusing. Here is the vid.

View My Video

If you need a better copy I have a much larger vid file that I re-encoded to decrease size.

Hey there,

Thanks for the video..... that is some very strange behaviour you are experiencing.... what now makes this hard is that i can't reproduce the same behaviour.

Do you have a keyboard to hand, and try navigating using Arrow keys, Enter to select and Backspace to go back.

I know it's probably not the Xpadder but just to give me piece of mind.

Many Thanks

buddyweiser

Hey there,

Thanks for the video..... that is some very strange behaviour you are experiencing.... what now makes this hard is that i can't reproduce the same behaviour.

Do you have a keyboard to hand, and try navigating using Arrow keys, Enter to select and Backspace to go back.

I know it's probably not the Xpadder but just to give me piece of mind.

Many Thanks

I just gave it a quick go, and same behavior with the keyboard. Am I the only one seeing this behavior? If so I wonder what is specific to my setup that could be causing this... :wacko:

• Like 1

Cheesegeezer

I don't know, i can have a play with the code and see if I can fix this..... but it's gonna be tough as I can't repro myself.

so may set up another thread just for us to keep a track of testing alternatively are you on skype?

I am going to be very busy today as I have to do some well integrity surveys and analysis for BP on a well of theirs but probably tomorrow we can get cracking at this.

buddyweiser

I don't know, i can have a play with the code and see if I can fix this..... but it's gonna be tough as I can't repro myself.

so may set up another thread just for us to keep a track of testing alternatively are you on skype?

I am going to be very busy today as I have to do some well integrity surveys and analysis for BP on a well of theirs but probably tomorrow we can get cracking at this.

I don't have a webcam, or even a microphone to skype with. The thread will have to do, unless we can both be in the chatroom at the same time.

Cheesegeezer

Cant remember from vid, but do you have the wrap ehs option enable?

We can just type on skype like a messenger, i'll pm you my skype

buddyweiser

Ok ill get my skype going when i wake up, time for me to hit the sack. But yes ehs wrap is enabled. I tried disabling it with no change to behavior.

Cheesegeezer

Ok ill get my skype going when i wake up, time for me to hit the sack. But yes ehs wrap is enabled. I tried disabling it with no change to behavior.

Ok thats a relief then. Cool catch you laters

Cheesegeezer

Got 95% of the folder options hooked up now. So there is just a couple to do now.

Thanks to @@ebr for fixing the backdrops not showing up. That should all be working now. So first choice on EHS is Thumbs, then backdrops and finally posters.

Feature requests

I plan on implementing a choice to show posters or thumbs for applicable views now this that image logic is fixed in the core, and also to implement the next/prev buttons on final detail page for the next release.

• Like 2

AaronG85

Which views are you seeing this in..... can you provide a screenshot also.

Version 0.0.0.10 

53bf4937a0beb_Untitled.png

AaronG85

Another issue i found which not 100% if its Xenon or MB3 Classic. But every time i enter one of my movie collections its just a blue screen no movies?

Cheesegeezer

Version 0.0.0.10 

53bf4937a0beb_Untitled.png

I'm using the standard watched icons from MBC core, this keeps standardization across the board then, so no matter what theme you end up settling on you will know what they mean.

Another issue i found which not 100% if its Xenon or MB3 Classic. But every time i enter one of my movie collections its just a blue screen no movies?

Ok, I think i know what the issue is here, and I have fixed it, which will be ready on the next release. Problem was that no thumb sizes were being saved for each folder. 

Try this..... in the view with the blue screen, open up the config, go to View Options and keep reducing the thumb size, see if they appear at some point.

AaronG85

I'm using the standard watched icons from MBC core, this keeps standardization across the board then, so no matter what theme you end up settling on you will know what they mean.

Ok, I think i know what the issue is here, and I have fixed it, which will be ready on the next release. Problem was that no thumb sizes were being saved for each folder. 

Try this..... in the view with the blue screen, open up the config, go to View Options and keep reducing the thumb size, see if they appear at some point.

That didn't work, So there is no way of getting rid of the white border at least?

Cheesegeezer

That didn't work, So there is no way of getting rid of the white border at least?

Leave it with me with regards to icons.

As for this collection of yours with blue screen, what does it look like in the web dashboard?

yardameus

Don't forget about the overview not quite fitting in the final details page.

Cheesegeezer

Don't forget about the overview not quite fitting in the final details page.

I havent a nd that will be fixed in next release ;)

• Like 2

yardameus

Glad to see how this theme is flying along now.  All little bits and pieces.  Overall very functional, polished, and sure to please many a user.  Good work on this.

• Like 1

AaronG85

Leave it with me with regards to icons.

As for this collection of yours with blue screen, what does it look like in the web dashboard?

Sorry wasnt an error with Xenon, but all my collections had no title, don't know how that happen but doing a refresh now and seems to be working. Thanks for your patients.

A few things I noticed in his screen shot:

1) the green ticks are scaling very poorly.  That might be his screen shot...  They are changed to Red in the new beta so maybe that will help.

2) the unwatched markers are the old ones (square blue)

3) one of the unwatched markers is the really old one (blue star).  How the heck did that happen on just one item?

Cheesegeezer

A few things I noticed in his screen shot:

1) the green ticks are scaling very poorly.  That might be his screen shot...  They are changed to Red in the new beta so maybe that will help.

2) the unwatched markers are the old ones (square blue)

3) one of the unwatched markers is the really old one (blue star).  How the heck did that happen on just one item?

I'm aware of them, and working on them at the minute.... there are a few things i'm not happy with the Thumbstrip view and may have to re-write a large portion, so was holding off for the time being.

The images, i just get from MediaBrowser.Resources/images in mcml so if you change them in the core, they should change in my theme, this keeps standardization.

When you say new beta, are you refering to 193 or the next one? 

Edited by Cheesegeezer