MBC Theme - Xenon Beta Released:

Cheesegeezer

yardameus

Yeah, I didn't do a clean install my bad.  One thing I'm still noticing is the overview in the full details isn't completely shown.  As in, if the overview is longer, even when it scrolls, you can't read the last line.  Clock is fine now, and music is obviously looking for thumbs to display, of which there are none in the music folders I have.  Love the Rouge style, by the way. 

buddyweiser

@@Cheesegeezer, thanks for the fix on the list view of episode thumbs :D I have found a couple other things, I didnt see them reported so I thought I'd throw them in here.

1. when browsing the EHS, I have TV shows listed first, if I scroll to the right to movies or games etc, and go up and click on a movie or game, when I back out of the game/movie, the view defaults to TV shows.

2. In movie view, when I click on a movie, the theme video plays. When I back out of the movie, the theme video still plays. Is this by design? I would think that it would stop playing and default back to the pic backdrop's.

3. Not sure if this is relevant, since the MBC configurator is no longer relevant, but in the configurator, the Xenon plugin shows up as "Other" instead of "Theme".

Thanks again for this Awesome theme and a great job on the work done so far! :D

yardameus

Yeah, it's bold.  But if you've got a theater room with red curtains and backlighting, it'd fit right in. 

Cheesegeezer

Yeah, it's bold.  But if you've got a theater room with red curtains and backlighting, it'd fit right in.

You're nuts!!

• Like 1

buddyweiser

@@Cheesegeezer, small bug. When I click on the "Games" link from the EHS, I can't use the up button to go up to the user/config menu. I have to use the mouse to click on it.

Also small question relating to games. When viewing a super nintendo game or similar (detail screen), should there be the options for "Chapters", "Quick Play", and "Actors"?

• Like 1

Cheesegeezer

@@Cheesegeezer, small bug. When I click on the "Games" link from the EHS, I can't use the up button to go up to the user/config menu. I have to use the mouse to click on it.

Also small question relating to games. When viewing a super nintendo game or similar (detail screen), should there be the options for "Chapters", "Quick Play", and "Actors"?

I should do a games only final detail page, i've also figured i need to do a Music only one too.  Thanks for the heads up.  This is why I didn't want to just release it... figured that my set up wouldn't cater for all needs and it's obvious.

As for the up to get to the config or Home, i'll have a little look, it'll be easy enough to fix. does it happen on all direct links from EHS or just games?

Cheers

buddyweiser

@@Cheesegeezer It only happens on the games page. And I agree about the music, I meant to say something about my music video collection but it slipped my mind. When I enter into a music video detail screen, there is absolutely nothing there, besides the bottom menu buttons(Play etc.)

Edit: It happens on my Music Videos page as well.

Edited by buddyweiser

Cheesegeezer

Great work guys. Nice to see an Xbmc-inspired theme.

I'm hoping it will entice some over... I doubt it but i have actually seen pigs fly, and have a talking donkey called.. Err.. Donkey ;)

yardameus

I have to imagine this theme will satisfy some users of Throg's themes as well. 

CBers

Great work guys. Nice to see an Xbmc-inspired theme.

Interesting comment.

I'm hoping it will entice some over... I doubt it but i have actually seen pigs fly, and have a talking donkey called.. Err.. Donkey ;)

Just donated to you Mr Cheese - go have a beer or two on me :D

Edited by CBers
  • Like 1

Cheesegeezer

Interesting comment.

Just donated to you Mr Cheese - go have a beer or two on me :D

Awww fanks me ole corn beef, i'll have to wait till i'm on dry land again and off this rig, but i will certainly be cheers-ing you sonshune ;)

• Like 1

CBers

Awww fanks me ole corn beef, i'll have to wait till i'm on dry land again and off this rig, but i will certainly be cheers-ing you sonshune ;)

No worries me old mucker - sorry it wasn't more, but out of a job at the moment, so a bit strapped for cash ;)

Cheesegeezer

No worries me old mucker - sorry it wasn't more, but out of a job at the moment, so a bit strapped for cash ;)

But 2 grand mate is well over the top if your strapped for cash lol :D

CBers

But 2 grand mate is well over the top if your strapped for cash lol :D

Yeah well, us millionaires must stick together ;)

• Like 1

Cheesegeezer

@@Cheesegeezer, a nice feature would be to have the next/previous buttons in the episode view(like in chocolate) so that you can just jump to the next/prev episodes when marathon-viewing :D

I'm planning on that feature definitely, don't worry it's coming ;)

• Like 2

buddyweiser

I'm planning on that feature definitely, don't worry it's coming ;)

Sweet, i just thought id post it since it wasnt on the FR section in the first post.
  • Like 1

Cheesegeezer

Sweet, i just thought id post it since it wasnt on the FR section in the first post.

Hint... Hint ;)

buddyweiser

@@Cheesegeezer, a nice feature would be to have the next/previous buttons in the episode view(like in chocolate) so that you can just jump to the next/prev episodes when marathon-viewing :D

• Like 1

kingy444

The Theme seems really responsive and looks really nice from my limited testing. Two things I have noticed.

1. The Switch user dialog width is quite small and the text actually gets cut off. (I have previously been using the chocolate theme which has a much larger interface)

2. There is also no way (that I can find) to change the number of rows displayed when browsing content. I believe it would be useful to change this as showing 3 rows of movies pretty much completely hides the backdrop.

Cheesegeezer

The Theme seems really responsive and looks really nice from my limited testing. Two things I have noticed.

1. The Switch user dialog width is quite small and the text actually gets cut off. (I have previously been using the chocolate theme which has a much larger interface)

2. There is also no way (that I can find) to change the number of rows displayed when browsing content. I believe it would be useful to change this as showing 3 rows of movies pretty much completely hides the backdrop.

Thanks for your feedback and taking the time to give this a try ;) in response to your points raised above:

1. I'll take a look at this.

2. I think you are referring to poster view here, however that current layout is how i intended it to look. I may look at the option in the future of adding rows but its not high up there on the list.

Cheers

AaronG85

How do i download this? 

In the server under install it says "'This plug-in must be installed from MBClassic''

Really want to try this out.

Cheesegeezer

How do i download this?

In the server under install it says "'This plug-in must be installed from MBClassic''[/size]

Really want to try this out.

You will need to have MediaBrowser-Classic installed, open MBC, then if you click on the gears icon, top right of screen it will take you to config menu.

Look across the top and navigate to plugins, then search thru that menu and you will find Xenon. Install from there.

Edited by Cheesegeezer
  • Like 1