MBC Theme - Xenon Beta Released:

Cheesegeezer

yardameus

That's what I figured, (synopsis that is).  Kinda like the Diamond theme...

• Like 1

Cheesegeezer

0.0.0.18 is up

@@Yogi have a play with this ;)

This one hopefully will now remember RAL selection for TVShows Folder - That was not so easy to do. ;D

I will try and go one step further and have TVShows folder remember its own RAL selection and if not a TVShows folder, it will remember RAL selection as is normally experienced with all other folder types.

• Like 1

Yogi

0.0.0.18 is up

@@Yogi have a play with this ;)

This one hopefully will now remember RAL selection for TVShows Folder - That was not so easy to do. ;D

I will try and go one step further and have TVShows folder remember its own RAL selection and if not a TVShows folder, it will remember RAL selection as is normally experienced with all other folder types.

In the testing mood at the moment,just sitting here building a beast of a home theatre for a mate.I might keep it for myself as it makes mine look like a POS lol.

Back on topic.

You are a legend,this is working a treat,it is remembering the selectors and also the EHS is not disappearing anymore.Nice stuff matey.

Cheers

Yogi

Edited by Yogi

Cheesegeezer

In the testing mood at the moment,just sitting here building a beast of a home theatre for a mate.I might keep it for myself as it makes mine look like a POS lol.

Back on topic.

You are a legend,this is working a treat,it is remembering the selectors and also the EHS is not disappearing anymore.Nice stuff matey.

Cheers

Yogi

Great news Yogi.

take some pics of your mates Home Theatre!!! always nice to see them developing.

So is EHS behaving ok now..... if you say.... go to your 3 collection along then enter it, then back out, does it return to that collection or does it just to the first one?

I'm just sorting out TV Shows remembering it's own RAL options so that it's independant of the all other collection types.  

It's giving me a headache and I keep confusing myself on the logic hahahaha

Cheers

Cheesegeezer

0.0.0.19 is up.

I'm pretty happy with myself for achieving this.  Before if you selected Next Up on the TV shows folder, it would force the other RAL to go to NEW automatically, It now remembers the Normal RAL's setting and if you have Next Up on the TV Shows folder this will not be affected.

:D Kudos for me, think I'll buy myself a pint as a reward.

@@Yogi let me know your thoughts on this please.

• Like 2

Yogi

Great news Yogi.

take some pics of your mates Home Theatre!!! always nice to see them developing.

So is EHS behaving ok now..... if you say.... go to your 3 collection along then enter it, then back out, does it return to that collection or does it just to the first one?

I'm just sorting out TV Shows remembering it's own RAL options so that it's independant of the all other collection types.  

It's giving me a headache and I keep confusing myself on the logic hahahaha

Cheers

hey matey.

all is working as expected. Went 3 amd 4 along and they both backed out to the respective collections,iwth everything working as it should.

0.0.0.19 is up.

I'm pretty happy with myself for achieving this.  Before if you selected Next Up on the TV shows folder, it would force the other RAL to go to NEW automatically, It now remembers the Normal RAf you have Next Up on the TV Shows folder this will not be affected.L's setting and i

:D Kudos for me, think I'll buy myself a pint as a reward.

@@Yogi let me know your thoughts on this please.

Again this is working without any problems and the selectors are working as you have described.I don't use NextUp that much more of a unwatched person myself but I can see how that is useful for other people.

Yep gotta agree kudos to you and I will send you a pint or 2 soon as well.

Well done on such a polished theme so far.

Cheesegeezer

Thanks @@Yogi, its really starting to take shape and i feel its the most solid it has been!!

Hopefully @@yardameus and @@buddyweiser will give the same feed back as you.

Are there any other niggles you can find at all. I think we are getting close to a release.

Oh yeah the next prev focus is the next challenge, i've tried so many things and the focus always goes to the prev button or the user panel. Actually.... Do we really need the user panel there... On the final details screen? Is the home button of use to you guys? I could actually move it, the focus is driving me nuts lol.

I just have to sort out my localised strings which will be another headache lol. I should have implemented this from the start lol. It'll prob take a couple of hours or more depending on how much beer i have lol.

Anyways much appreciate all the help you guys are giving during this beta phase!!!

Edited by Cheesegeezer

Yogi

No niggles for me.

Personally I don't use the home buton at all. The only thing you need on the final page there is the NPV button so people can view there theme video backdrops if they like.But you could move that down to the bottom maybe.

This beta is definitely ready for a release. ;) ;)

Cheesegeezer

No niggles for me.

Personally I don't use the home buton at all. The only thing you need on the final page there is the NPV button so people can view there theme video backdrops if they like.But you could move that down to the bottom maybe.

This beta is definitely ready for a release. ;) ;)

haha, caught you out, the NPV button is only viewable if there is something playing and its the same on all views, no point having the icon show if its not going to do anything ;)

......Or is it a bug, do you use themevideo BD plugin? Does it not show if a TVBD is playing on entering a folder/item.

It makes me smile to hear that you think its ready for release! I have a massive feature i want to implement but that will come as a major version update i think. Lets walk before we start running.

I should also sort out the layout on the reviews tab, looks a bit naf tbh ;)

Yogi

haha, caught you out, the NPV button is only viewable if there is something playing and its the same on all views, no point having the icon show if its not going to do anything ;)

......Or is it a bug, do you use themevideo BD plugin? Does it not show if a TVBD is playing on entering a folder/item.

Yeh your right,everything I tested with either had a theme song or TVBD playing.Just had a look at one without either and it doesn't show,so no bug there. :D

• Like 1

Cheesegeezer

That's correct.  The pattern is full...

You'd have to do this at the c# level, not mcml.  It may be beyond what you want to get into.

There might be another way you could accomplish it in mcml though, but would probably take some re-wiring of how your RAL works.

I found a work around, my c# boolean actually provided me with all the logic i needed to define folder types. I then used mcml to finish off the rest with a few custom display prefs.

End Results, RAL is now working properly for TVShows and all other media types ;)

It gets fun when you get into stuff like this.

Cheesegeezer

Unfortunately a lot of the games interfacing actually comes from the GB plugin, i cant control most of that, or maybe i can. Do you have the same issues in the core or choc themes.

For poster view you need to slighty increase the size of ur posters. I cant really do anything else to control where the focus goes without losing scroller function.

Details jumping - Yeah i noticed this to but you're gonna have to live that, i have anchored the UI to other elements. The amount is minuscule and i'm not fused about it.

The user menu will go, on final details page. I think you are an isolated incident with regards to navigation, i will work with you over skype to get to the bottom of it, but there are a few of us that cant repo your issues.

Agreed the show HD issue will be addressed in the next release.

I'm reluctant to start chucking alpha boxes in the detail view, if you saw the actual available sizes of the overview and list boxes..... It would just look ugly, believe me ;)

Oh and brw i relished your post, i can take everything onboard and give feedback.... It goes a long way.. So thank you mate ;)

Cheesegeezer

Forgot to post the pics for the first bug mentioned in the previous post, here they are

4vmvbn.png

tarm29.png

WTF why are your episode numbers all to pot??

buddyweiser

WTF why are your episode numbers all to pot??

All to pot? Idk what that means :s

Cheesegeezer

All to pot? Idk what that means :s

Its a polite way of sayin "all f£*^d up

Why dont they go from first to the last? i.e. Episode 1 to episode 23 why are they all jumbled up?

buddyweiser

Oh lol. Theyre not out of order, they are ordered by air date. You are probably referring to the blood rush miniseries extras. The special number is listed for those.

Cheesegeezer

Oh lol. Theyre not out of order, they are ordered by air date. You are probably referring to the blood rush miniseries extras. The special number is listed for those.

Yup that would be those, do you not have a specials folder for that? And make use of the specials tab?

buddyweiser

Yup that would be those, do you not have a specials folder for that? And make use of the specials tab?

Hmmm, I do have a specials folder, and somewhere, I checked an option do "Display specials with other content", but I just looked and cannot find the option, on server or in MBC, so now IDK if Im crazy and just made it up in my head or what :blink:

buddyweiser

Unfortunately a lot of the games interfacing actually comes from the GB plugin, i cant control most of that, or maybe i can. Do you have the same issues in the core or choc themes.

Ugh, unfortunately, the same issues are present in choc and core themes :( That is, the view does not maintain uniformity.

For poster view you need to slighty increase the size of ur posters. I cant really do anything else to control where the focus goes without losing scroller function.

Found this to work, though I had to go back and forth a few times to find the "sweet spot" lol. It isn't worth it to lose functionality to fix this small issue, but would it be possible to find the thumb sizes that work properly, and ONLY allow those sizes? Not sure if it's too complicated or not, just a possible work-around.

Small feature request- On the EHS for TV Shows, it appears to show series backdrops, if no season thumb is available. Would like to request (if easily implemented and if you agree with my train of thought) that before backdrops, it first should fall back on Series thumb if no season thumb is available

F/R

-Would like to second @ArronG85 for the text only having a darkened overlay, so that the rest of the backdrop can be nice and bright

-When viewing Games on the EHS, "Resume" displays nothing, but it should show recently played items. Obviously there is no way/reason to track progress in a game, and I'm not sure is this is a Xenon request or a MBC core request?(I think I mentioned this before, but I can't remember for sure)

So what did you think of the requests? Positive or negative thoughts? Or are you focusing on bugs at the moment :P

• Like 1

Cheesegeezer

So what did you think of the requests? Positive or negative thoughts? Or are you focusing on bugs at the moment :P

Regarding Series Thumbs, I can work on this, it's not an issue, though will probably show Season number to allow for identification.  eg S03 - 15 -  [Episode Name] 

The text only overlay will not work, it will stick out like a sore thumb and look pretty nasty... it's been tried and tested.

So if you want resume a game, the only way i can see to get this to work is if I used the last played.  It's a hack but could work.

buddyweiser

Regarding Series Thumbs, I can work on this, it's not an issue, though will probably show Season number to allow for identification. eg S03 - 15 - [Episode Name]

The text only overlay will not work, it will stick out like a sore thumb and look pretty nasty... it's been tried and tested.

So if you want resume a game, the only way i can see to get this to work is if I used the last played. It's a hack but could work.

Last played is exactly what i would think resume should be for games :)

buddyweiser

@@Cheesegeezer, unfortunately I am still seeing the jumpy navigation issues on the EHS :( You're probably going to hate me for this post, but I'm trying to verify ALL ticks and nitpicks get out now before release :unsure:

Small bug(very small)? -When viewing content with no overview listed in detail view, the media info icons jump up, and the details move to the left (slightly) see pics below.

Bug-Cannot use up arrow to move to the user/config menu in the following views(fixed in some previous views I mentioned in earlier posts)

-TV Show Episode screen, Poster View

-Other Libraries top screen(Music Videos Artists for me), Poster View

-Other Libraries second folder(Music Videos for me), Poster View

-Music Artists Screen, Poster View

-Game Systems Screen, Poster View

Bug- In Games, under console view, in game view, it remembers the view type per console. so, if you have coverflow on all game views, and go into super nintendo games, and change to detail, it does not stay uniform across that level, and you would have to go into each system to change each of those to detail as well. Does this make sense? I can't seem to get the words to explain this properly. If you need me to make a small video I can do that :)

Small feature request- On the EHS for TV Shows, it appears to show series backdrops, if no season thumb is available. Would like to request (if easily implemented and if you agree with my train of thought) that before backdrops, it first should fall back on Series thumb if no season thumb is available

Bug-In some views, the global setting of "Show HD Overlay on Posters" gets overlooked:

-Coverflow and Thumbstrip in TV Series Episode view

-Coverflow and Thumbstrip in Movie View

-Coverflow and Thumbstrip in Music Videos View

F/R

-Would like to second @ArronG85 for the text only having a darkened overlay, so that the rest of the backdrop can be nice and bright

-When viewing Games on the EHS, "Resume" displays nothing, but it should show recently played items. Obviously there is no way/reason to track progress in a game, and I'm not sure is this is a Xenon request or a MBC core request?(I think I mentioned this before, but I can't remember for sure)

Again sorry for the long list here, but I tried to be as detailed as possible to help as much as I can :wacko:

buddyweiser

Forgot to post the pics for the first bug mentioned in the previous post, here they are

4vmvbn.png

tarm29.png

Cheesegeezer

0.0.0.20 is up

Added UpcomingTV to TV Shows.

Let me know your thoughts.  

@@buddyweiser i'm looking into how to get the "resume" for games working right. It's a bit tricky though, as the RAL's come from the core.  I think you will find that similar behaviour with all other themes in that you won't be able to "resume" from them either.  

I'll have a look and see how easy this will be. Cheers

• Like 2