MBC Theme - Xenon Beta Released:

Cheesegeezer

Cheesegeezer

The Theme seems really responsive and looks really nice from my limited testing. Two things I have noticed.

1. The Switch user dialog width is quite small and the text actually gets cut off. (I have previously been using the chocolate theme which has a much larger interface)

2. There is also no way (that I can find) to change the number of rows displayed when browsing content. I believe it would be useful to change this as showing 3 rows of movies pretty much completely hides the backdrop.

1.  I just tested this to see if this was the case and its not.  The size of the Box is directly proportional to the content held within.

qgMuORv.png

AaronG85

Loving the theme so far, will test with the wife (lol) tonight and see how user friendly it really is LOL

• Like 1

AaronG85

My only little complaint so far is the icon for the unwatched items has a small white box surrounded what looks like a black star, this doesn't really stand out as good as the green tick, is there a way to make it bigger and maybe a different colour as currently it looks to be transparent.

Cheesegeezer

What is the shortcut for skip in mbc so i can check it against my mapped buttons when i get a chance. Its possible i have something else mapped for skip as multiple shortcuts can sometimes do the same thing

I know what the problem was this is now fixed, I had mapped the SkipFWD and SkipBack keys to jump scroll lists.  I have now removed that jump scroll list function from this page and those buttons should now be working correctly.

buddyweiser

I have a little time before I head out

I know what the problem was this is now fixed, I had mapped the SkipFWD and SkipBack keys to jump scroll lists.  I have now removed that jump scroll list function from this page and those buttons should now be working correctly.

I have a little time before I head out and decided to check this out. Did you put a new update up? I went to the plugin page but it says version 10 installed, restart required. But I have the features of version 11. I restarted but it still says the same thing.

Cheesegeezer

Ok so a new beta will be up in the catalogue later on today which addresses quite a few issues.

IMPORTANT TO WEEN OUT THE LAST BUGS NOW..... I can taste the full release version in the air the big V1.0.0.0

You can see on the first post what has been addressed as I update that list regularly at the bottom of the post.

Anyway here is the Final Games Page

QEDX7Nd.png

And the Final Music Page

A1z7nuZ.png

Edited by Cheesegeezer
  • Like 2

Cheesegeezer

I have a little time before I head out

I have a little time before I head out and decided to check this out. Did you put a new update up? I went to the plugin page but it says version 10 installed, restart required. But I have the features of version 11. I restarted but it still says the same thing.

It's up, that should fix your skip issues when queuing album

I don't get the issue with the album auto starting when entering.... i think this is a themevideo bd issue which i will have to have a look at, but right now i'm focusing on Xenon.  

@@radeon, you got any time to take a look at the song logic. Cheers Pal.

buddyweiser

It's up, that should fix your skip issues when queuing album

I don't get the issue with the album auto starting when entering.... i think this is a themevideo bd issue which i will have to have a look at, but right now i'm focusing on Xenon.  

@@radeon, you got any time to take a look at the song logic. Cheers Pal.

Had to remove, then forgot to exit MBC and went back into Xenon on the plugin page, and there was the option to update, so I clicked on that and then restarted MBC and everything was fine, not sure what happened. Anyway, checked out the fix and it works great. You just have to press the stop button on the remote before adding anything to the cue. Then you can enter into another album without the songs in it starting to play automatically. However, if you backout to albums and try to skip songs, it just pages through albums. Not sure if it should be any different, but how do I pull up the now playing without backing all the way out into WMC home screen?

Cheesegeezer

Had to remove, then forgot to exit MBC and went back into Xenon on the plugin page, and there was the option to update, so I clicked on that and then restarted MBC and everything was fine, not sure what happened. Anyway, checked out the fix and it works great. You just have to press the stop button on the remote before adding anything to the cue. Then you can enter into another album without the songs in it starting to play automatically. However, if you backout to albums and try to skip songs, it just pages through albums. Not sure if it should be any different, but how do I pull up the now playing without backing all the way out into WMC home screen?

Coolbeans, glad it's working good now.

in the Album views, by default and it's been the standard operation of MBC since MB2 days, is if in a collection view, lets say movies, and you press the skipfwd button it will jump forward in the list by so many movies, this is to speed up browsing.  

The now playing icon (Square TV/Monitor looking thing) will return you to the music which is only visible when there is video or audio actually playing and can be found up in the config area....

Aw7LFSK.png?1

Cheesegeezer

My only little complaint so far is the icon for the unwatched items has a small white box surrounded what looks like a black star, this doesn't really stand out as good as the green tick, is there a way to make it bigger and maybe a different colour as currently it looks to be transparent.

Which views are you seeing this in..... can you provide a screenshot also.

• Like 1

Cheesegeezer

I pulled the 0.0.0.11 update as I had a report of an App crash.  Anyone else having this issue or have you updated successfully

Cheers

If it was only that one report maybe it was something else - or just limited to his environment somehow.  If he doesn't get back to us with a detailed error, I'd put it back out and maybe someone else will find it for you.  That's what beta cycles are for :).

• Like 1

buddyweiser

Doh! I think mine updated fine, but then when i went to the plugins tab i saw update available and clicked update without looking, and it rolled back to the previous version :(

Cheesegeezer

Doh! I think mine updated fine, but then when i went to the plugins tab i saw update available and clicked update without looking, and it rolled back to the previous version :(

let me put it back up, so you are on version 0.0.0.10

Cheers Buddyweiser

buddyweiser

let me put it back up, so you are on version 0.0.0.10

Cheers Buddyweiser

Yes thats the version it rolled me back to.

Cheesegeezer

Yes thats the version it rolled me back to.

Version 11 is up, let me know how you get on.

Cheers

buddyweiser

Version 11 is up, let me know how you get on.

Cheers

Installed update flawlessly, and after a quick look-through, everything looks fantastic. Well done on the game and music pages!! Also, from just a quick look the few issues I noticed in the previous have been resolved! All but one that is :wacko: but it is hard to explain. I will have to make a short video showing the behavior I'm seeing on the EHS. But it is nothing serious, and was not introduced in this version. From what I can tell this version has nothing but fixes!

• Like 1

Cheesegeezer

Installed update flawlessly, and after a quick look-through, everything looks fantastic. Well done on the game and music pages!! Also, from just a quick look the few issues I noticed in the previous have been resolved! All but one that is :wacko: but it is hard to explain. I will have to make a short video showing the behavior I'm seeing on the EHS. But it is nothing serious, and was not introduced in this version. From what I can tell this version has nothing but fixes!

That's just awesome that it!!!! Glad it's an improvement.  Can you test out the music options, play all, shuffle and queue album stuff, make sure they are working.

I still have a lot of options to hook up and also finish off creating the localized strings(which I'm dreading  :lol: ) but at least the core of it is working pretty smoothly now.

Thanks for your help buddy ;)

Cheesegeezer

@@Cheesegeezer, the first thing I have noticed is when entering an album, it automatically starts playing. Is this by design?

Errr nope.

Cheesegeezer

@@Cheesegeezer, the first thing I have noticed is when entering an album, it automatically starts playing. Is this by design?

Entering an album from where to where, direct from EHS in the NEW list, or when you click "Music from EHS" go into Artist View, then click on Artist and go to album view... does it start playing at this point.....  Do you have Themevideo BD plugin installed?

buddyweiser

Entering an album from where to where, direct from EHS in the NEW list, or when you click "Music from EHS" go into Artist View, then click on Artist and go to album view... does it start playing at this point.....  Do you have Themevideo BD plugin installed?

Sorry should have said before. From ehs, enter music, then artist(poster view), then after I click on an album, it starts playing(unless another item is currently playing). Yes I have theme video bd installed. and I did a quick test of the music features, and everything seems to work ok, but I find I cannot skip a song. If you click on Play all, then the WMC music player pops up(I love this!) with my albums as a background like always :) , and from here you can skip songs etc, but if you cue up music, the wmc player doesnt pop up and there is no option to skip or even skip back songs. I tried of course on my 360 remote I have mapped to my pc using xpadder, so will have to check it out later to see what i have it set at. But until then, I have to get ready for work now so sorry I cant stay and help :D

• Like 1

Cheesegeezer

Sorry should have said before. From ehs, enter music, then artist(poster view), then after I click on an album, it starts playing(unless another item is currently playing). Yes I have theme video bd installed. and I did a quick test of the music features, and everything seems to work ok, but I find I cannot skip a song. If you click on Play all, then the WMC music player pops up(I love this!) with my albums as a background like always :) , and from here you can skip songs etc, but if you cue up music, the wmc player doesnt pop up and there is no option to skip or even skip back songs. I tried of course on my 360 remote I have mapped to my pc using xpadder, so will have to check it out later to see what i have it set at. But until then, I have to get ready for work now so sorry I cant stay and help :D

Much appreciate your help.  I think that it could be themevideo bd that's the culprit there for the auto play when entering an album.  

Let me know if it was your 360 remote.

Enjoy Work :S lol and catch you laters.

Cheers

I think everything you are experiencing there is standard behavior in MBC and not xenon specific.

If you "play" something, it will take you to the player, but if you "queue" something, the assumption is that you want to probably queue more things so it doesn't take you to the player.

However, the normal skip operations with a remote control should still operate and you should be able to use the "Now playing" button (not sure where it is on xenon) when music is playing to go directly to the music player from any MBC screen.

• Like 1