sonarr (NzbDrone)

CBers

just wish they had a data import process for saved qualities. that would help bring over people from SB. it's going to be rough manually.

The suggestion I saw on this was to use SB to rename the episodes with the quality tags and then import them into nzbd.

I guess I already had the naming setup because it is figuring out my qualities properly as I move each series over.

I think pretty well.  I moved several of my active shows over to it yesterday.  The ones it wasn't able to figure out right away, I was able to use their "organize" tool which did figure them out.  Then it went about finding some of the episodes that Sickbeard had never been able to successfully grab with about a 90% success rate there.

I'll let it continue for a week or so to ensure it is getting the new stuff as it should and then probably move everything else over.  Thanks for the help.

On a side-note, has anyone switched from their current download client (eg. Sabnzbd) to, or use, NzbGet?

Just wondered what people thought about it.

I'll start another thread if there's a lot of feedback.

I have used both - I initially used SABNZBD and I switched to NZBGet because I was running this stuff on my NAS and NZBGet has far less overhead.

However... I have since switched back to SABNZBD - after using NZBGet it had little quirks that irritated me and the only thing it has over SABNZBD I feel is the performance. (I was running 8 x SSL connections and my QNAP just couldn't handle it)

If you are using NZBDrone then the integration with SABNZBD makes it all worthwhile. Also I use OZNZB and that integrates with SAB to show ratings and reports back success etc.

• Like 1

Thanks for your feedback @@psykix.

I have also switched back to SabNzbD, as NzbGet was nowhere near as fast,

I read on their forums that others are seeing speed issues in the latest beta builds.

I have started a separate thread about NzbGet.

@@DGMayor - sorry I'm still not understanding what the problem is.

Have you tried NzbDrone?

If so, can you put up some screenshots, or even post on their forums, as they have a much better understanding than we do.

:)

He wants the program to know what quality each episode is but the files don't contain the tags for it to be able to know that automatically.  So he wants to be able to select a whole bunch of episodes and say these are all 720p.

This isn't really an issue for me because a lot of my files have the quality tags but I really don't care what nzb drone thinks the quality is anyway since MB will figure it out on its own :).

saitoh183

@@ebr and @@Luke get it.   I will frequently get an HDTV or Web-DL quality and then later replace it with Blu-Ray quality automatically with Sickbeard.  NZBDrone will do this too from my understanding, but I don't want to import blu-ray quality files and have drone think it's tv rip quality and replace it when they don't need replacing.

With sickbeard I can select a bunch and change it when I need to.  If I want to migrate over to Drone, I'm going to have to manually edit thousands of episodes.  

It's no big deal.  Sickbeard still works perfectly fine for me.  I have no need to switch.  I just check in on Drone every few months to see if the features I need are there.  

The solution for you maybe would be to modify this to reflect what you think each quality is. 

saitoh183

I understand Torrent support isn't official yet.  As for mass editing, how would I go about changing say all of the episodes of season 1 to show that they are of one kind, and then all of season 2 that are another. I have many cases like this that all imported as "HDTV720" when they are in fact 1080 blu ray or 1080web-dl etc etc.

@@DGMayor - do you have the quality in the name of the actual file??

@@DGMayor - Ok thats not the same mass editing as the mass edit that is currently available that will allow you to change the desired quality of multiple shows at once. Your talking about changing how Drone detects the quality of the file already downloaded which is not part of the mass editing function. As CBers stated, do you have the quality in the file name?

He wants the program to know what quality each episode is but the files don't contain the tags for it to be able to know that automatically.  So he wants to be able to select a whole bunch of episodes and say these are all 720p.

This isn't really an issue for me because a lot of my files have the quality tags but I really don't care what nzb drone thinks the quality is anyway since MB will figure it out on its own :).

well if you want to upgrade quality automatically over time that's where it comes in handy.

He wants the program to know what quality each episode is but the files don't contain the tags for it to be able to know that automatically. So he wants to be able to select a whole bunch of episodes and say these are all 720p.

NzbDrone doesn't use anything like MediaInfo etc., it just bases the quality on the extension and size of file, as per the quality profiles.

I don't care what NzbDrone thinks my videos are either, as it's the playback client that displays the information correctly, due to MBS identifying it.

Checked it out today since it got torrent support. Still a no go for me.   Can't use my private torrent site (Sickbeard can), and I STILL can't mass edit episodes to change qualities.  How that hasn't been implemented yet blows my mind.

I guess I'll give it another few months!

Edited by DGMayor

hoxtonia

Anyone using nzbdrone as a synology package.? Is there a version that auto updates... I couldn't seem to find one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

saitoh183

Checked it out today since it got torrent support. Still a no go for me.   Can't use my private torrent site (Sickbeard can), and I STILL can't mass edit episodes to change qualities.  How that hasn't been implemented yet blows my mind.

I guess I'll give it another few months!

Torrent support is not official yet and still has a few weeks to go. For the mass editing,you can change the quality for multiple shows at once.

saitoh183

That works if it is a new/current series and you want all the episodes.

What if I just want to get the first 5 episodes from season 1 of a series with 5 seasons?  I don't want to have it start downloading all five seasons of episodes - I just want those first few from the first season and then I'll see if I like it.  Then later maybe I'll bring in five more, etc.

You can do this easily by marking things "wanted" in Sickbeard.  You could do it with wanted in nzbdrone too except for the lack of organization or filtering for that area.

So, I guess the answer is, you just have to go click on each wanted episode and tell it to search for it.  Not a huge deal but not quite as nice of a design.

If you hit the bookmark tag on the season level and then just enable the bookmark tag for the episodes you want. I could be handled better probably. I stopped using SB way back wehn drone v1 appeared and never looked back so i dont know how much it has changed in the last 3yrs

NzbDrone doesn't use anything like MediaInfo etc., it just bases the quality on the extension and size of file, as per the quality profiles.

I don't care what NzbDrone thinks my videos are either, as it's the playback client that displays the information correctly, due to MBS identifying it.

@@ebr and @@Luke get it.   I will frequently get an HDTV or Web-DL quality and then later replace it with Blu-Ray quality automatically with Sickbeard.  NZBDrone will do this too from my understanding, but I don't want to import blu-ray quality files and have drone think it's tv rip quality and replace it when they don't need replacing.

With sickbeard I can select a bunch and change it when I need to.  If I want to migrate over to Drone, I'm going to have to manually edit thousands of episodes.  

It's no big deal.  Sickbeard still works perfectly fine for me.  I have no need to switch.  I just check in on Drone every few months to see if the features I need are there.  

Edited by DGMayor

Torrent support is not official yet and still has a few weeks to go. For the mass editing,you can change the quality for multiple shows at once.

I understand Torrent support isn't official yet.  As for mass editing, how would I go about changing say all of the episodes of season 1 to show that they are of one kind, and then all of season 2 that are another. I have many cases like this that all imported as "HDTV720" when they are in fact 1080 blu ray or 1080web-dl etc etc.

@@DGMayor - Ok thats not the same mass editing as the mass edit that is currently available that will allow you to change the desired quality of multiple shows at once. Your talking about changing how Drone detects the quality of the file already downloaded which is not part of the mass editing function. As CBers stated, do you have the quality in the file name?

No, shows are named SSxEE - Episode name.ext   I'm very anal about my file structures, naming, and that extends to the program in which I have downloading...I can easily check off multiple episodes in sickbeard and tell it to switch it to another quality.  It's the same complaint I see many people making about not switching.  They don't want to have to manually edit their episodes one by one.   I'm in that same boat..

I don't think that helps him either.  He needs to tell nzbd what quality each actual episode is.  The only way to do this is to have it in the file name as a tag or to manually change each episode in the interface.

He doesn't want to use the file name tag and is fine with the manual change but needs to be able to select a whole season or groups of seasons and change them all at once instead of individually for each one.

I think @@DGMayor needs to create a new Quality Profile with the highest quality he wants, as well as the current quality, then import everything against that new profile.

Then he can change the Quality Cutoff to the highest level he wants per Show, Season or Episode.

NzbDrone will then keep searching for a higher quality than he currently has.

I think that might work.

What I COULD do, is shut down Media Browser Server, tell Sickbeard to rename my episodes with their quality in the title, then re-import them to Drone and then have Drone rename them without the quality in the title.

Hmm...weekend project?

Just tested it. and that worked.  The only downside is that Sickbeard renames any .SRT files along with the episodes, Drone doesn't.   

• Like 2

I know there have been numerous requests by people to implement exactly what I'm looking for.   My issue is really that it depends on the show what quality I want and have.  

What I COULD do, is shut down Media Browser Server, tell Sickbeard to rename my episodes with their quality in the title, then re-import them to Drone and then have Drone rename them without the quality in the title.

Hmm...weekend project?

Well that was short lived.  Went to load up Drone today and it's just frozen.  Restarting the service does nothing.  I guess the torrent build a bit more unstable that I thought.  Will have to restore back to master and see if that fixes it.