sonarr (NzbDrone)

CBers

sorry, only just had time to review this, so as an example if i had:

in the same folder then MBS should see that as the same movie and only show it once in the library? because it doesn't based on my testing.

Secondly, i don't see MBS detecting the tag either. So if Avatar was tagged with [hsbs] then my expectation was that MBS would detect this and set the format using the drop down in the metadata manager but it doesn't seem to

No, it will show as two items but both the same movie.  The brackets only come in to play for finding the right text to search for on the providers.

• 2 weeks later...
Deihmos

I tried this out by importing by library but then it started grabbing old shows that I did not want. The solution was to manually one by one change the season to monitor. I uninstalled it immediately.

Angelblue05

When you import your shows, you need to set it to the season you want to start it at (so you don't have to manually unmonitor seasons). It's very straight forward. If you left it at Season 1 by default, it will try to pick up everything. This is what I mean:

5485306b5fef6_nzbdroneimport.jpg

Edited by Angelblue05

Deihmos

That option is when you are adding a show not when importing already existing shows from disk. If it does give that option I have to select it one by one. A bit ridiculous if you have a large library. Either way I have no issues with sickbeard.

Edited by Deihmos

Angelblue05

Warehouse 13 is an already existing serie on my disk, but I never imported it to Sonarr. This is in the import/adding series window  :). If you haven't had the chance, you should check the tutorial found here, for more information on how to set up Sonarr the way you would like it: https://forums.sonarr.tv/t/beginners-guide-for-setting-up-nzbdrone-work-in-progress/1220

548537cf2e19a_importseries.jpg

I've been a NzbDrone user ever since their beta. What you are looking to do is very easily done, if you are willing to give it another shot.

Edited by Angelblue05

swhitmore

That option is when you are adding a show not when importing already existing shows from disk.

It worked for me. Click add series > Import Existing Series on Disk > Starting Season to Whatever > Add +

You can also use the series editor to monitor/unmonitor a bunch at once. I used this to unmonitor all 'Ended' series.

Deihmos

I checked it out and you have to do it one by one and select the season to monitor for each show when importing. Too time consuming.

Edited by Deihmos

Angelblue05

I will admit that it takes a bit of time to import all your series, but you only have to do it once and the process is very straight forward. The developers for Sonarr are very active. They have a better method of finding episodes than sickbeard does. The benefits you get from using Sonarr over sickbeard alone is enough to outweight the less friendly aspect of importing your library. 

Edited by Angelblue05

Deihmos

I will check it out gain once that is solved. I have not had any issues with sickbeard and it has its own indexer.

Angelblue05

@@Deihmos We'll that is your decision, but you are missing out :).

Out of curiousity, can you let me know what you would like to see when importing your series? I will make the devs aware of it. The only way I could see bulk import working is by either selecting Season 1 or Latest season. Logically speaking, you could not select any seasons in between with a "one click" system.

Edited by Angelblue05

swhitmore

@@Deihmos We'll that is your decision, but you are missing out :).

Out of curiousity, can you let me know what you would like to see when importing your series? I will make the devs aware of it. The only way I could see bulk import working is by either selecting Season 1 or Latest season. Logically speaking, you could not select any seasons in between with a "one click" system.

I actually made a request for this already a few days ago:

https://forums.sonarr.tv/t/ability-to-change-season-pass-setting-in-series-editor/3002/4

• Like 1

DGMayor

I will check it out gain once that is solved. I have not had any issues with sickbeard and it has its own indexer.

It's me 6 months ago!

Alright here we go.

Step 1, Install Sonarr and in settings under the Indexer tab, set your RSS Interval to 0 so there is no searching.  

Step 2. Go through all your settings to your liking.

Step 3. In MB Server, go to the Metadata/Advanced section and make sure your Date Added Behavior is set to "File Creation Date".  This way

renaming files won't cause MB3 to see them as new.

Step 4. In Sickbeard, change your naming scheme to include the quality of the show and rename all your shows (you can do this through manage)

Step 5. Import to Sonarr.  Once you have the quality in the name, it will import at that quality.

Step 6. Once you have all your shows in, change your RSS level back to the default (20 I think?) and let it go.

The only thing I prefer in SB is the way you select qualities for a show.  It took me a little while to go through the quality profiles and set them up how I like, but it does the same thing, just in a different manner.

I was the same dude, saw no reason to switch.  When I finally did, I was quite happy.  Yeah, I had no issues with SB either, but the way Sonarr works with Sab/uTorrent is so nice, and the failed download handling is a godsend.

Edited by DGMayor

I was reluctant to switch as well but I'm really glad I did.  The episode gathering is much better than SB.

Real world example of what is so much better about this program over SB (or at least, how SB worked for me).

I watch a UK show called "The Fall" (thanks, I think CBers for telling me about that) and getting episodes for it here in the US is real hit and miss.  In fact, even Sonarr was not able to locate the last few that have aired.

So, I went to the episode page, clicked "manual search" and it did find several options for me for the missing episodes.  It just wasn't downloading them because I told the system I wanted a minimum of 720 for these and they were SD.  So I went ahead and clicked the download link on these versions and it went about gathering them.

Now I come back today because there was a new episode last night and I don't have it and I notice that a couple of the SD episodes I had manually downloaded have already been replaced with HD versions that it was able to find later.

Both the manual location of the items and the automatic managing of the quality was way better than anything I ever achieved with SB.  Maybe it can do that too but not this easily.

Add on top of that the ability to fail-over on bad downloads to good ones and you have a much better system IMO.

• Like 3

CBers

I watch a UK show called "The Fall" (thanks, I think CBers for telling me about that) and getting episodes for it here in the US is real hit and miss. In fact, even Sonarr was not able to locate the last few that have aired.

Not me, as I've never seen it.

aspdend

I loved the first season of 'The Fall'. Can't find it in 1080p though :(

I've got all episodes - only in 720p though - I cannot find 1080p versions either

never hardly used sickbeard before don't dl that much, gave this a go. I like it... see how I go with the queued items I've got up!!

tried nzbgeek on the trial and there's apparently a lifetime membership coming up at Christmas not sure how much yet tho???

swhitmore

By 'lifetime' they are talking about the lifetime of the site, not forever. These index sites come and go. I would be hesitant to fork out for a lifetime membership.

Spaceboy

By 'lifetime' they are talking about the lifetime of the site, not forever. These index sites come and go. I would be hesitant to fork out for a lifetime membership.

$30 seems perfectly reasonable to me, not sure what my current membership is but even if it lasts a couple of years it'll be worth it.

I asked Pete at mcm, never got a response