sonarr (NzbDrone)

CBers

jluce50

I tried NZBGet and for some reason only got about half the speed I normally get with SAB. The servers were configured exactly the same. I don't notice too much of a performance hit with SAB (on Windows) so I'll just stick with it for now.

DGMayor

Totally different function.  The one I linked for Sickbeard puts a SB icon on my Chrome bar and shows me a count of shows for the day.  Hitting it shows me the banners of the shows due that day.  As they download the count ticks down.   I like keeping track, what can I say.

Angelblue05

Still using Sab and still prefer it.

The one thing I'm going to miss though switching from SB is having https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/sickbeardconnect/ljfjkhejnkopmfdadafjoklibhggokpb .  

I feel the same way as you. If there's no way to have something like this for sonarr, then maybe something can be done using MediaBrowser's Upcoming instead? If only I knew programming..... -_-

• Like 1

DGMayor

So I've mentioned in the past that my naming convention was just 01x01 - Episode Name.mkv or whatever, so converting over from SB to Sonarr was a pain because Sonarr would pick up shows that were blu ray or webdl as hdtv since I didn't have the quality in the title.   I didn't want to rename everything because it would cause MB Server to consider the episodes as new/unwatched when they already were as it's still basing on the file name apparently...

So I thought wait, what if I add quality in square brackets, those are ignored right?   So I tested it by changing them to 01x01 - Episode Name [720p Web-DL].MKV but MB3 Server still picked them up as new episodes...  Is ignoring the square brackets not a thing anymore?

We ignore things in square brackets for the purposes of pulling information out of the name to identify it - not for the purpose of actually uniquely identifying the item in the system as that could potentially create collisions.

However, we do not track watched status by file name.  Once the items have been properly recognized and identified, the watched status will correlate.

Spaceboy

@@ebr - are square brackets dead then because i was just asking a question about them over here http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/13706-3d-naming/

they still seem to be recommended for 3d tagging, unless i really didn't understand the naming convention wiki (but i tried with and without the square brackets]

We ignore things in square brackets for the purposes of pulling information out of the name to identify it...

No, they are not dead.  They do the same thing they always have.

When we search providers like tmdb to identify a movie or other item, we use the name of the file to derive the name of the movie for searching.  Anything within square brackets will be ignored for the purposes of this name that is used to search on the providers.

So "The Godfather [3D] [720p][My special BD rip].mkv"  Will turn into just "The Godfather" when we search for it on tmdb.

Therefore, "The Godfather.mkv" and "The Godfather [3D] [720p][My special BD rip].mkv" will both be identified as the movie "The Godfather" but they will be separate items within your library and file system.

DGMayor

We ignore things in square brackets for the purposes of pulling information out of the name to identify it - not for the purpose of actually uniquely identifying the item in the system as that could potentially create collisions.

However, we do not track watched status by file name.  Once the items have been properly recognized and identified, the watched status will correlate.

That's good to know for the watched status, however MB3 still treats it as a new episode (if unwatched I assume) so it will mess up the order of when something was added which for OCD nuts like me, is like having the sky falling ;)

Edited by DGMayor

DGMayor

It should only be treated as new if you are using the "imported date" for date added.  Which is yet another reason why I think our original method of always using the file dates is a far superior method.

So I should switch it to file creation date?   I didn't even realize that option existed!  :lol:

So I should switch it to file creation date?   I didn't even realize that option existed!  :lol:

What is it set to now?  Are we defaulting to imported date...?

Angelblue05

What is it set to now?  Are we defaulting to imported date...?

I haven't changed my settings, mine are set to date added to library. It is a strong possibility that it is not set to file creation date by default.

That's good to know for the watched status, however MB3 still treats it as a new episode (if unwatched I assume) so it will mess up the order of when something was added which for OCD nuts like me, is like having the sky falling ;)

It should only be treated as new if you are using the "imported date" for date added.  Which is yet another reason why I think our original method of always using the file dates is a far superior method.

DGMayor

Correct.  Defaulted to date added to library.  I switched it to file creation date, renamed a show and rescanned and all is good!  I think I'm going to slowly rename my episode files now, or at least the ones monitored by Sonarr.

Well, this is a situation where I think we changed our default behavior to be more like other products when I think our behavior was better in the first place.

DGMayor

Well, this is a situation where I think we changed our default behavior to be more like other products when I think our behavior was better in the first place.

Possibly.  At least it's an easy switch!

Spaceboy

When we search providers like tmdb to identify a movie or other item, we use the name of the file to derive the name of the movie for searching.  Anything within square brackets will be ignored for the purposes of this name that is used to search on the providers.

So "The Godfather [3D] [720p][My special BD rip].mkv"  Will turn into just "The Godfather" when we search for it on tmdb.

Therefore, "The Godfather.mkv" and "The Godfather [3D] [720p][My special BD rip].mkv" will both be identified as the movie "The Godfather" but they will be separate items within your library and file system.

sorry, only just had time to review this, so as an example if i had:

in the same folder then MBS should see that as the same movie and only show it once in the library? because it doesn't based on my testing.

Secondly, i don't see MBS detecting the tag either. So if Avatar was tagged with [hsbs] then my expectation was that MBS would detect this and set the format using the drop down in the metadata manager but it doesn't seem to

Edited by Spaceboy