sonarr (NzbDrone)

CBers

CBers

Yea others may have good insight too.

Not sure that's a good idea.

I suspect people might have been a bit less forthcoming with certain information if this had started in the public forums.

Can we move it back and create another thread?

• Like 3

fantaxp7

no, TV only (like SB basically)

Need CP for that

Blah typo, meant tv shows.

Like does it handle creating series,seasons, episode names?

And moving of the files?

sfnetwork

Blah typo, meant tv shows.

Like does it handle creating series,seasons, episode names?

And moving of the files?

Yes, so far, perfectly and the configuration of the naming convention, etc.. is really well done...

Edited by sfnetwork
  • Like 1

CBers

@@Abobader - my point is, people have given out information to other dev forums members that they may not have done, had the thread been in the public forums, like it is now.

psykix

ok i WAS tempted.. but this import 1 by 1 is a non-starter for me.. i have 535 existing shows in sb.... ugh.. that sux cause based on you all with your damn excitement i grabbed it to play with this weekend..

way to ruin my whole weekend! ;)

/dramaticrant

I've been using this for months and don't remember having to do them one by one. As far as I remember, you click import existing series, and then point it at your top level folder and then it will list them all?

CBers

I've been using this for months and don't remember having to do them one by one. As far as I remember, you click import existing series, and then point it at your top level folder and then it will list them all?

I think it's changed in the latest releases.

My son has been using it for a while as well and he said the same, but my experience was one-by-one.

It's not even in the HIDDEN options.

If someone could show where that option is, then it will help other people.

sfnetwork

The fact is that whatever pending feature/option NZBDrone has at this stage of the project, dev seems WAY more interested and active than SB. For me, that good enough to switch to NZBDrone (and of course how the app is right now and its look and feel). For me automated TV download/management is too important.

Fits better along with CP IMO.

Thanks to this community I discovered it (I wouldn't never think of looking for SB alternative since I never thought it would be created and at least as good as SB.

Thanks @@CBers

sfnetwork

@@CBers

How did you start a new topic? I'm registered, etc... maybe I don't see it but I can't find how...

***Update, never mind, I found it (too obvious lol)

Edited by sfnetwork
  • Like 1

CBers

@@CBers

How did you start a new topic? I'm registered, etc... maybe I don't see it but I can't find how...

I just registered and started posting.

You may have to be in the correct forum to post?

DGMayor

I haven't switched SickBeard back on yet, so it's must be doing OK :)

I agree with the first importing of TV shows - if you have a lot, it's painful. That's one thing that SB wins over ND.

I'm not totally sure about the WANTED page either, but it doesn't seem to cause any issues. If you find out, please let us know.

The NzbDrone WiKi is here.

This was my stumbling block.  I looked at it a few months back, but I have over 100 entries in SB and well, it was just a pain to import.  Plus, SB is working just fine, so I decided to stick it out for now (also the lack of that other download method was a showstopper).

navanod

Thanks for the recommendation, great tv manager.

Downloaded last night, gave it a try, looks fantastic and has some functionality over Sickbeard (detect and re-search failed downloads is a big one). Has already found and downloaded episodes Sickbeard could not.

Sickbeard is now turned off and this is working a treat.

I have to agree with the initial import, painful process. But then again you only have to do it once.

NZB's were a great way to get round traffic shaping on my old network. Lots of "takedown" fails tho starting last year. Went back to torrents and vpn... Any NZB tips would be greatly appreciated.

using tweaknews btw

Sent by lumia 1020 & Tapatalk

sfnetwork

It looks like they have torrents on the todo list (In progress) and Movies..so this may replace CP too :)

https://trello.com/b/MadvFKy4/nzbdrone

Supporting torrents doesn't mean it will do movies (CP). 

Anyways, there is a reason why SB didn't really support torrents, more complicated for automation than SABNZBD IMO...

But I give them that, they care about the product and really seem to be really active in dev and support forums, really glad so far I switched...:)

im85288

Anyways, there is a reason why SB didn't really support torrents, more complicated for automation than SABNZBD IMO...

But I give them that, they care about the product and really seem to be really active in dev and support forums, really glad so far I switched... :)

Yes I am well aware that supporting torrents is not related to supporting movies :) they are two different entries on the trello board of issues. Both look like they will be added so more options the better.

sfnetwork

Yes I am well aware that supporting torrents is not related to supporting movies :) they are two different entries on the trello board of issues. Both look like they will be added so more options the better.

Ah. Didn't check trello. So they also plan to support movies?

Sent from Tapatalk.

im85288

It looks that way, it is on the "High Priority" list with 176 votes...so a very popular request.

CBers

I remember Ruud (of CP) stating earlier this year, that CP might be able to do TV soon.

Beardyname

But I give them that, they care about the product and really seem to be really active in dev and support forums, really glad so far I switched... :)

There is however 2-3 branches with torrents as the main thing, The TPB branch was really successful but the dev quit and now I'm stuck with SickRage, Though it both supports failed download management, and multiple providers (Tvrage TVDB and AniDB). It does however in it current state have several flaws. Such as reverse-proxy not working as it should and a problem with the changed built-in webserver. (Same as the one CP uses but not the same as the original SB uses).

Other than that I have been running a branch of SB for over a year and it was stable for a very long time :), last month have been crap In comparison.