sonarr (NzbDrone)

CBers

sfnetwork

But I have to give them that, excellent support in their forum :)

sfnetwork

@@sfnetwork just set your cutoff to sd then

e.g. https://www.dropbox.com/s/wvenv5sylxsrlh5/Screenshot%202014-06-29%2019.16.24.png

Edit: added screenshot

Thanks.

But in your example, if I already have an imported one let's say 720p, it will still try looking for SD since this is the cutoff... (and will show up in the wanted section etc...)

But, I'm fine, I just learned how to work around this limitation using the "monitor last season", quality settings, etc.. (I'm really happy to get all the help and suggestions, but no one really acknowledge that this should be optimized...

In my mind, it's simple, an option to check "any of them as cutoff" or select more than one cutoff (of something like that)...

But after really fooling around it, like mentioned, I worked around this and it's fine... I won't fight this  :rolleyes:

I see the purpose of it, and it works great IF user started from the beginning with Drone and doesn't change its mind lol but IMO, something more should be done in this area... 

Edited by sfnetwork

Delphi

no it wouldnt because the cutoff has been met by a higher quality...

if i drag sd to the top of the list then it would behave as you said

Edited by Delphi

sfnetwork

wow.. you just confused me even more lol.

The order is the order in which Drone will look for releases and cutoff is when at this quality setting, it stops looking. (the way I understand it)

So in your/my example, cutoff is sd but at last order position so having a 720P already, even if in the order it's first, cutoff is SD so it would keep looking... I think...

CBers

When adding an existing TV show, you can select from which season you want NzbDrone to start monitoring from.

sfnetwork

@@sfnetwork, this profile would behave the way you've been describing...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0kanhpda2jkz13n/Screenshot%202014-06-29%2021.24.03.png

see the red circle you can move profiles up and down the list by dragging there...

Yeah and in this example, it would be the other way around, if this show had a previously imported episode in 720P, it would still look for SD.

See my point? There is no foolproof scenario.

When adding an existing TV show, you can select from which season you want NzbDrone to start monitoring from.

I know, but it's bad enough user needs to click ADD on every show when importing, I just didn't think I should have go into each seasons additionally...

***But the button "only last season" in season pass made this faster to handle to unmonitor older seasons.

Right now, it's not a deal breaker anymore but I really think this could be better (mostly for first time user when importing since we're doing this one and it's first impression...)

***Thanks guys for the help BTW, I appreciate it. 

CBers

Yeah and in this example, it would be the other way around, if this show had a previously imported episode in 720P, it would still look for SD.

See my point? There is no foolproof scenario.

I know, but it's bad enough user needs to click ADD on every show when importing, I just didn't think I should have go into each seasons additionally...

***But the button "only last season" in season pass made this faster to handle to unmonitor older seasons.

Right now, it's not a deal breaker anymore but I really think this could be better (mostly for first time user when importing since we're doing this one and it's first impression...)

***Thanks guys for the help BTW, I appreciate it. 

Adding shows one at a time is no different from doing it in SickBeard.

You don't have to go into each season, but NzbDrone will monitor any that you haven't selected for unmonitoring.

CBers

From NzbDrone forums:

"Metadata for MB3 is in progress (just series.xml at the moment), drone will update it when it gets new information (it does this for all metadata files it creates). Just waiting on a couple fixes and then we'll merge it into develop."

CBers

Is that something you can suggest to markus101 then please?

Perhaps this is just a first pass and better interaction will come.

Either that, or they were not aware?

it depends on what their goal is. if they want to become a full fledged metadata manager, then they can continue what they're doing. if all they want to do is help people add new episodes, there are probably easier ways.

CBers

From NzbDrone forums:

"Metadata for MB3 is in progress (just series.xml at the moment), drone will update it when it gets new information (it does this for all metadata files it creates). Just waiting on a couple fixes and then we'll merge it into develop."

This is now being created in the latest dev build of NzbDrone.

truthfully i would have preferred for them to just send the server a notification and let the server take care of the rest. anytime we add features it means new metadata fields. i do notify interested parties but you never really know how long they're going to take.

if they were to go the notification route then they don't have to worry about our metadata at all, and the end result is the same.

• 4 weeks later...
CBers

@@Luke - the MediaBrowser metadata is now active in the latest NzbDrobe release, but MBS isn't picking it up.

I have added iZombie via NzbDrone and it created the series.xml file, but MBS doesn't recognise it, even if I refresh the series from the Dashboard.

If I create a Season 1 folder, then MBS goes out and finds the information etc.

Is the structure of the series.xml file OK, or is something wrong ??

If you could take a look, I can then report back to the NzbDrone forums.

If you require NzbDrone to do something different, then we'll need to speak to them.

Thanks.

Edited by CBers

we don't use metadata files to detect content types because some programs as well as some users don't create them in the right places, and we're the ones who end up having to provide the technical support.

they don't need the series.xml. have them create the series folder + either  a season 1 folder, or an episode video file. the combination of those two will lead to series detection. since we also support multiple metadata formats, doing it this way will allow the server to handle the metadata and incorporate all of the relevant settings related to it.

CBers

Who was it that told them to create the xml file then?

I'm sure when I used SickBeard it created the series folder and series.xml file and MBS was happy to fetch the relevant metadata.

not me. they can still create it. just have them dump a season 1 folder in there too.

psykix

While you are at it @@CBers see if you can get them to give us the option to have Specials in a Season 00 folder instead of a Specials folder, because I cannot for the life of me get MBS to see that items in the Specials folder are Specials. I have to manually go in and set the Season to 00.

While you are at it @@CBers see if you can get them to give us the option to have Specials in a Season 00 folder instead of a Specials folder, because I cannot for the life of me get MBS to see that items in the Specials folder are Specials. I have to manually go in and set the Season to 00.

no, that's not their problem. i'll fix that.

• Like 1

CBers just so you don't think you are going crazy - we used to resolve items based on the existence of metadata files but that was changed back in the big provider refactor I believe.

CBers

Thanks Eric.

I think someone put up on their Trello board that a series.xml file was sufficient.

I'll mention that a Season folder is now required, but I'm not sure if this will suffice eventually.

Edited by CBers

CBers

The presence of a season folder instead of a metadata file to add the series to MB3 is a downgrade, the fact that either must exist for the series to be scanned in is awkward at best, so I hope thats not the case.

Regardless, we have no plans to create an empty season folder when adding a series.

So looks like we're back to square one!

• 1 month later...