sonarr (NzbDrone)

CBers

fantaxp7

I have used both supernews and newshosting.

Both are good, I just flip flopped because of pricing.

• Like 1

Mfusick

What do you guys use for subscriptions or automated downloading ?   MCM has a new project going for indexing and automated downloads of missing episodes etc...  I saw on their facebook I think.   

snazy2000

Ive never understood Usenet could somone explain to me? why is it better than torrenting for example? 

fantaxp7

Ive never understood Usenet could somone explain to me? why is it better than torrenting for example? 

This is a pretty lengthy how-to if you were interested: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=120406

I just have always felt it to be a safer option. Though these days with VPN torrenting doesn't seem as dangerous...

Koleckai Silvestri

I just use Usenet because it is easier for me. However I've been using it since I got my first 300 baud modem in 1983.

• Like 1

It looks fantastic. Only questions are reliability of finding content as that's really the most important function. Also, how good is it at finding quality upgrades for existing content. I too will carve out some time to play with it, when i can.

CBers

@@Luke - how difficult would it be to incorporate an option into MBS with the ability to add new TV shows, after which MBS would then go and populate with metadata ?

Edited by CBers

Yogi

@@Luke - how difficult would it be to incorporate an option into MBS with the ability to add new TV shows, after which MBS would then go and populate with metadata ?

Do you mean download new shows,if so you are getting into a pretty grey area here,which I thought was not the way that the MB project was going to go.

im85288

Just my 2 cents here, I think CouchPotato integration is far more useful. In fact in the XBMB3C addon I added that to trailers so that you can view a trailer and then send that movie to counchpotato...I also did the same for my roku client when viewing trailers.

• Like 1

CBers

Do you mean download new shows,if so you are getting into a pretty grey area here,which I thought was not the way that the MB project was going to go.

No, cos it could be used when you rip a dvd etc.

You could dump the ripped files into the Auto-Organize folder.

Yogi

No, cos it could be used when you rip a dvd etc.

You could dump the ripped files into the Auto-Organize folder.

Yep didn't think of that.

BTW what did you think of The Last Ship

sfnetwork

To get back to original subject, NZBDrone is doing an excellent job so far and it WILL replace SB in my environment...

The failed download handling really works well; it's the first time in a while I was able to grab old episodes successfully without dealing manually with the failed ones, etc...

Not super fun when first importing existing TV shows (need to add them one by one as far as I saw) and unclear about what "Wanted" section with the "missing" and "cutoff unmet"  tab and how to manage those... I ll read up a bit. Also, missing a lot of sorting options...

BTW I fully agree that MB should have plugins for SABNZBD, SB, CP and NZBDrone :)

CBers

Yep didn't think of that.

BTW what did you think of The Last Ship

Only half-way through it at the moment.

CBers

To get back to original subject, NZBDrone is doing an excellent job so far and it WILL replace SB in my environment...

The failed download handling really works well; it's the first time in a while I was able to grab old episodes successfully without dealing manually with the failed ones, etc...

Not super fun when first importing existing TV shows (need to add them one by one as far as I saw) and unclear about what "Wanted" section with the "missing" and "cutoff unmet"  tab and how to manage those... I ll read up a bit. Also, missing a lot of sorting options...

BTW I fully agree that MB should have plugins for SABNZBD, SB, CP and NZBDrone :)

I haven't switched SickBeard back on yet, so it's must be doing OK :)

I agree with the first importing of TV shows - if you have a lot, it's painful. That's one thing that SB wins over ND.

I'm not totally sure about the WANTED page either, but it doesn't seem to cause any issues. If you find out, please let us know.

The NzbDrone WiKi is here.

Edited by CBers

MrWebsmith

ok i WAS tempted.. but this import 1 by 1 is a non-starter for me.. i have 535 existing shows in sb.... ugh.. that sux cause based on you all with your damn excitement i grabbed it to play with this weekend..

way to ruin my whole weekend! ;)

/dramaticrant

• Like 1

MrWebsmith

aye...i thought about that after i posted.. at least add some to test it and determine if its worth the time to redo them... plus.. i could choose to not track/redo completed shows that i have all episodes of.. they are in SB but dont necessarily NEED to be..that would lower that count a ton i expect

Good day CBers,

It fine to be at public forum, so others can share more idea and work around and it never been a secret (personal view).

My best

sfnetwork

Does renaming and placing of movies work well?

no, TV only (like SB basically)

Need CP for that

Edited by sfnetwork

Beardyname

NzbDone might be an alternative when they are more feature complete, the shit state SickRage is in now (fork of SickBeard) I might consider moving to this.