sonarr (NzbDrone)

CBers

Angelblue05

Can you give an example of quality that didn't get replaced correctly? I use profiles (in settings) and I apply them to specific shows.

Here's my "Any" profile: I use it for shows I don't care what quality I get. 

54943001ba206_profiles.jpg

Some tips

• Qualities: You can drag the qualities to place them in the order you want. It will try to get the highest quality enabled first. If not available, it will keep going down the list until it finds an available quality of your choosing.
  • Cutoff: When to tell the program to stop searching. Meaning in this profile, Sonarr might download SDTV first. It will keep searching for higher quality. Once it reaches the quality HDTV-720p or higher, it will stop searching. Example: If the HDTV-720p version is made available before Bluray-720p, the program will never try to grab the Bluray version, unless it was already available when the search was made. This is also why you can choose the order of qualities.

​Hope this helps clarify profiles!

Edited by Angelblue05

fantaxp7

Thanks for the reply,

I think I may have found my issue. This is for X-Files and for this show I had two issues, an older naming convention and some dvd VIDEO_TS type rips.

So  I went into sonarr and looked at season 4 and it doesn't see any episodes other than what was just downloaded. I assume it doesn't see dvd folder rips which is understandable.

fantaxp7

Can anyone suggest "must have" indexers? I have omgwtfnzbs and sicksab, which seems to be inconsistent nowadays. Not sure what everyone uses or prefers.

Thanks

CBers

Can anyone suggest "must have" indexers? I have omgwtfnzbs and sicksab, which seems to be inconsistent nowadays. Not sure what everyone uses or prefers.

Thanks

Xzener reported the other day that SickSab was down.

Not sure about OMGWTFNZBS.

Have you tried NzbGeek ?

fantaxp7

Xzener reported the other day that SickSab was down.

Not sure about OMGWTFNZBS.

Have you tried NzbGeek ?

Yea sicksab was good and I noticed it being down too which made me wonder what else was out there. omgwtfnzbs has been good.

I have not tried nzbgeek I will check it out.

Thanks!

Swynol

just  heads up but nzbgeek has a lifetime subscription at the moment

edit. sorry just noticed CBers already posted - had too much to drink today

Edited by Crazypete00
  • Like 1

But that's the thing - I have no API key or anything in my profile that looks like an indexer.  Just looks like a forum and no information anywhere about using it as an indexer.

Deihmos

I use 6box.me for indexing. The owner does not charge VIP fees like the other sites. He does not even have a way to donate to him but instead to wounded warriors. I would rather just run my own indexing than paying for VIP.

Edited by Deihmos

CBers

You can always set up your own indexer using NewzNab if you want.

I ran my own for over a year until the database became corrupted.

Edited by CBers

swhitmore

Been using nMatrix. $10 for lifetime. Working well so far. No point spending any more than that on an indexer these days. Their self life is limited.

I think you have to generate your own API key from your profile.

Have you signed up for a VIG membership ?

See, that's the part that was completely hidden (or I just couldn't see).  I think I'll skip it for now since my current setup is still working okay.

• Like 1

buddyweiser

I currently get a lot of content from torrents with a proxy. I've read that a vpn is unnecessary with usenet, is this true? Or should I get a vpn?

Sent using my G3

I currently get a lot of content from torrents with a proxy. I've read that a vpn is unnecessary with usenet, is this true? Or should I get a vpn?

Sent using my G3

If your server offers ssl you should have no need for a vpn as its encrypted..

• Like 1