VirtualTV plugin

pünktchen

pünktchen

Thanks for the insights guys, unfortunately there's nothing i can do about it.

Edited by pünktchen

Spaceboy

i have something a bit odd. i have one channel that should be made up of shows from my stand up comedy library. the files are held like so:

StandUp\Comedian1\ComedyShow1

StandUp\Comedian1\ComedyShow2

StandUp\Comedian2\ComedyShow1

StandUp\Comedian1\ComedyShow2

etc

I have one comedian (Comedian3) that has three shows (Show1, Show2 and Show3) under his subfolder.

recently i have noticed that i keep getting the following schedule for this channel

Comedian3Show1

Comedian3Show2

Comedian3Show3

RandomShow

Comedian3Show2

Comedian3Show3

Comedian3Show1

RandomShow

Comedian3Show3

Comedian3Show2

Comedian3Show1

Randomshow

etc

Stable Server 4.7.2 - VTV 1.1.2.0

pünktchen

I can't quite follow. Are you trying to say that only shows of "Comedian3" show up but no others?

Spaceboy
4 minutes ago, pünktchen said:

I can't quite follow. Are you trying to say that only shows of "Comedian3" show up but no others?

no, the random show in my example is from any other comedian in the folderimage.thumb.png.0a5713ae3e4c3d4e3845e155a1017e91.png

Spaceboy
Just now, pünktchen said:

Sorry, i still don't understand the problem.

well i can't really show you the full schedule but imagine that extract continuing ad infitum for 7 days, with only the jimmy carr show replaced by something different each time

pünktchen

So it is always three shows with Jimmy Carr (in different order) and only one random show of the other comedians between Jimmy Carr?

Spaceboy

other way around. always the three Lee Evans shows then a random one between

pünktchen

Oh i don't that guys 😁 Can you show me a screenshot of your channel config?

Spaceboy

no worries - it was doing what the config was telling it to although i'm not sure why i've only just seen it being applied. these had become set to 3&1 (maybe thats the default). never noticed this being applied until a few days ago though

image.png.144dd70e8771442d93441d5665657f67.png

pünktchen
On 6/3/2022 at 1:37 AM, vtjapes said:

I was wondering if there was a way to make a channel out of a few collections

I'll have a look at this.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

PuffyToesToo

I'm having an unusual issue with a channel. When playing a channel containing all TV episodes of several different shows, it occassionally cuts off one of them at around the 10-15 minute mark and immediately beging playing the next show in the guide. This usually is happening with two shows within the first 90 minutes of shows in continuous mode. Is there anything I can check? It only started doing this with the last update.

InaudibleDirge

Would it be possible to be able to source multiple folders to pull bumpers / commercials from? I would love to be able to have channel specific bumpers but still pull from collections of fake commercials and stuff on every channel without having to put them all into one folder

pünktchen

Sorry, definitely no. I'm personally not interested in bumpers at all, so won't put any energy into it.

learch74

Is it possible to list two Genres?    I have Sci-Fi and "Science Fiction"  I'd like to put in a channel.

I've tried;

("Science Fiction")&&Sci-Fi

Science Fiction&&Sci-Fi

Sci-Fi && "Science Fiction"

They all result in a guide with no programming data.

If I just use Sci-Fi then I get a guide, but Emby finds different movie's in the Science Fiction Genre and I'd lie to add them to the mix.  I know it is a problem with the space in s Science Fiction.  If anyone could help with the syntax to add both Genre's I'd appreciate it.

GrimReaper
11 minutes ago, learch74 said:

Is it possible to list two Genres?    I have Sci-Fi and "Science Fiction"  I'd like to put in a channel.

I've tried;

("Science Fiction")&&Sci-Fi

Science Fiction&&Sci-Fi

Sci-Fi && "Science Fiction"

They all result in a guide with no programming data.

If I just use Sci-Fi then I get a guide, but Emby finds different movie's in the Science Fiction Genre and I'd lie to add them to the mix.  I know it is a problem with the space in s Science Fiction.  If anyone could help with the syntax to add both Genre's I'd appreciate it.

You're using wrong syntax, you don't need AND but OR, if you want to include items with either genre:

Sci-Fi || Science Fiction

Edited by GrimReaper

thisismytrial

I am making a suggestion I already have made, but maybe there is another method of doing this now? Basically, my channels are extremely populated and go well past 2 weeks, but they are all uneven. Thus, you have to reset the guide once some of the channels run out of shows because there is currently no way to make them loop. This isn't a problem, unless you want to play in airdate order, because you are then stuck in the early seasons of certain shows forever. 

If looping the guides isn't a thing that can be done, I think it would be great if you could add Random Seasons as a modifier. Meaning, an option for Random Series, Random Season, Ordered Episodes. Every time you refresh the guide, the series and seasons are random but series play in the correct order from there.

This would give you some of the benefits of random order while still being able to watch linearly. Its also much closer to real TV formats, because shows shouldn't all be on the same season as each other. 

Just a suggestion! Thanks! 

fcimeson

Hello, I guess you're not making the code for this plugin available. Would you be open to providing a feature for reading a playlist from the file-system that would/could be updated daily using external scripts?

Edited by fcimeson

hstamas

I see a new (to me at least!) option to export the channel list and guide data to a Embynextgen specific format? How would one utilize this in Kodi if Im running 7.X of the EmbyforKodi next gen? Just import into the simple IP client?

pünktchen
2 hours ago, hstamas said:

Just import into the simple IP client?

Yes, that's the plan.

pünktchen
On 6/14/2022 at 9:42 PM, thisismytrial said:

it would be great if you could add Random Seasons as a modifier.

But then you will still run out of shows without refreshing the guide or some kind of looping.

Edited by pünktchen

pünktchen
On 6/16/2022 at 9:59 AM, fcimeson said:

Would you be open to providing a feature for reading a playlist from the file-system

No. If any playlist at all, then it would be an Emby playlist because i don't need the video files from a regular playlist but the database ids behind the videos.

thisismytrial
23 hours ago, pünktchen said:

But then you will still run out of shows without refreshing the guide or some kind of looping.

Yes, you would still need to refresh the guide but you wouldn't be restarting the lineup at season 1 every time if you are doing ordered episodes. Right now, your options if you have a bunch of channels of varying amounts of content are 1) random order, schedule guide refreshes or 2) ordered channels with guide refreshes that restart everything at season 1. 

That's not really how linear TV works. Channel blocks don't keep all shows on the same season, however if two episodes of a show play back to back, they should be consecutive generally speaking. Being able to shuffle the season aspect would allow you schedule guide refreshes while not having truly random order or seeing just the early seasons of the higher content channels. 

I really hope you consider this as an option, because it would bring VirtualTV closer to a normal tv experience with your own content. I understand you are limited by the Emby Live TV functionality, but this would serve as a happy medium between ordered and random that gets around some of those limitations. 

You do amazing work on this plugin, and as I say every time you need a donation link considering how many people get a lot of use out of this. Thanks for considering. 

Edited by thisismytrial