VirtualTV plugin

pünktchen

ellisd4
33 minutes ago, Cigoler said:

Is the plugin actually transcoding/playing stuff in the background all the time? Or is it just a bit of smoke and mirrors? I hope it's the latter for performance and my hardware sake but just wondering? Very cool though - I remember there used to be something similar for Windows Home Theatre (i think it was anyway).

I believe if you use "Continuous Playback" that transcodes into one large file for x amount of hours and that transcodes.  The Playlist style seems to run the file... which is what I do.  That method does pop up the Intro Skip button, but I never use it. 

Ninko

Override host address that is used for streaming URLs?

Stream type?

Catchup source type?

Catchup stream container?

Emby user?

Emby password?

Device name?

Token?

pünktchen

C'mon, that are nearly all options. Are you kidding me?

Stream type: EmbyCon and EmbyNextGen is for Kodi only

Catchup source type: If you don't know what it is, then it's of no interest for you

Emby user and password: Should be self explanatory. It's used for playback progress reporting

Device name: VLC, Tivimate or whatever. A device with this name is created in Emby's device list. The Emby user has to be granted to use this device.

Token: Just some additional custom security string (password like) to protect the web api endpoints

Ninko

7 hours ago, pünktchen said:

C'mon, that are nearly all options. Are you kidding me?

Stream type: EmbyCon and EmbyNextGen is for Kodi only

Catchup source type: If you don't know what it is, then it's of no interest for you

Emby user and password: Should be self explanatory. It's used for playback progress reporting

Device name: VLC, Tivimate or whatever. A device with this name is created in Emby's device list. The Emby user has to be granted to use this device.

Token: Just some additional custom security string (password like) to protect the web api endpoints

That's not really the attitude as a plugin developer is it? I'm trying to make a plugin that YOU made work at the end of the day. Maybe you should try to help the users of YOUR plugin rather then just assuming they know everything about YOUR plugin!

pünktchen

Don't be so oversensitive! Didn't i help you anyway? Btw. me the plugin developer, i've written the plugin mainly for myself, not for others. If others find it usefull - great. If not, it doesn't matter either.

Ninko

I'm not being oversensitive, you've basically just called me stupid just because I wasn't sure what all the options did and if they could help with my problem!

pünktchen
12 minutes ago, Ninko said:

I wasn't sure what all the options did and if they could help with my problem

I do not even know what are trying to achive now. Yesterday it was a problem with browsers and Roku. How can the export option help you there? If you tell me what you want to do now, maybe i can tell you if it's possible at all.

Ninko

I wasn't sure if any of those options would fix the problem with Roku, as many of them mentions "remote connections".

From what you're saying, they have nothing to do with it, but I don't know unless I ask, as I didn't make the plugin.

pünktchen
1 hour ago, Ninko said:

I wasn't sure if any of those options would fix the problem with Roku, as many of them mentions "remote connections".

From what you're saying, they have nothing to do with it

Correct. The export are options are for using the data in non Emby apps. The only thing that currently will work for Roku remote connections, is Continous Playback mode. Unfortunately it will often require transcoding of the videos and you cannot set this playback mode only for Roku devices.

• 1 month later...
nagetech

Just popping in here to thank @pünktchenfor this plugin.

We use it here almost everyday & love how easy it makes it to "syndicate" our favorite shows :)

So thank you for all your hard work & hope this plugin stays around!

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...
buhochileno

I would like to help to expand this plugin, mainly been able to make more customizable schedules by time, day, collections, etc, pretty much as with ErsatzTv, which I love, but I would prefer something better integrated into emby...with ersatztv you have all the customization you need for schedules with fillers and so on...but is like an additional streaming service, at least with my setting I loose audio multitrack, subtitles or both..VirtualTV is perfectly integrated into Emby and therefore you keep the media as you have it in emby (subtitles, audio tracks, etc), but is very basic in terms of customization....

I'm a programmer (a couple of decades already...) and can help with this in my own time, no payment required...

Flippz

Changed to a new server and when i try to use the Export VirtualTV Channels & Program scheduled task it failes. Log says:

2023-07-11 17:12:21.673 Info Server: http/1.1 Response 204 to host1. Time: 2ms. POST http://192.168.1.185:8096/emby/ScheduledTasks/Running/738bacc50818f465aef0016f6083a228?X-Emby-Client=Emby Web&X-Emby-Device-Name=Chrome Windows&X-Emby-Device-Id=f1780dd9-515e-4092-a102-e399cf2aaa31&X-Emby-Client-Version=4.8.0.39&X-Emby-Token=x_secret1_x&X-Emby-Language=en-gb

2023-07-11 17:12:21.676 Error Server: Access token is invalid or expired.

Same settings as on old server and api key is correct and i tryed changing it many times (in API Keys and in virtualtv plugin)

Please help :)

pünktchen
3 hours ago, Flippz said:

when i try to use the Export VirtualTV Channels & Program scheduled task it failes

Are you trying to start the task manually and then it fails? I ask because the task should be auto-executed after a every guide refresh. Does it fail there also? Regardless of that, the plugin api key isn't used at all for the export task. The error you've posted looks more like a problem with the session token of the logged in user.

Btw. in case you don't know it, you don't need the export function of the plugin to work with Emby only.

pünktchen
15 hours ago, buhochileno said:

I'm a programmer (a couple of decades already...) and can help with this in my own time, no payment required...

I really appreciate your offer, but currently i'm not willing to share the code with anyone.

Flippz
1 hour ago, pünktchen said:

Are you trying to start the task manually and then it fails? I ask because the task should be auto-executed after a every guide refresh. Does it fail there also? Regardless of that, the plugin api key isn't used at all for the export task. The error you've posted looks more like a problem with the session token of the logged in user.

Btw. in case you don't know it, you don't need the export function of the plugin to work with Emby only.

image.png.ab7f728db335ddf05e9a458f90136f6d.png

I tried running the Refresh guide task now and same result. Logged in and out and also same result.

What do u mean by: "Btw. in case you don't know it, you don't need the export function of the plugin to work with Emby only."

Flippz

http://192.168.1.185:8096/emby/VirtualTV/Channels?StreamType=Universal&RealLiveTv=true&User=XXXXX&Pass=XXXXX&Device=XXXXX&Token=xxxxxxxxxx

also gives: Access token is invalid or expired.

pünktchen
31 minutes ago, Flippz said:

I tried running the Refresh guide task now and same result. Logged in and out and also same result.

You are running the beta server, right? That needs some changes to the plugins rest api endpoint that i haven't implemented yet. I'll release a new version at the weekend.

34 minutes ago, Flippz said:

What do u mean by: "Btw. in case you don't know it, you don't need the export function of the plugin to work with Emby only."

That was because often users think they have to use all those plugin "export" checkboxes and settings to get the guide data into Emby. But obviously not in your case.

Flippz
1 minute ago, pünktchen said:

You are running the beta server, right? That needs some changes to the plugins rest api endpoint that i haven't implemented yet. I'll release a new version at the weekend.

That was because often users think they have to use all those plugin "export" checkboxes and settings to get the guide data into Emby. But obviously not in your case.

Aha that explains my problems..Thanx :):) 

pünktchen
26 minutes ago, Flippz said:

I do need your plugin to be able to use a url to get a m3u of the live channels right?

For use in other apps than the Emby ones? Yes.

buhochileno
19 hours ago, pünktchen said:

I really appreciate your offer, but currently i'm not willing to share the code with anyone.

ok, let me know if you change your mind, I work in a University and I use to NDA and those things when need it...

pünktchen

New version 1.1.4 in the starting post:

Export API:

• Fixed export task and rest api endpoints for Emby 4.8.38 and newer
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1