VirtualTV plugin

pünktchen

pünktchen
3 hours ago, Flippz said:

Will this solve that problem?

With days to download guide data set to auto, the program will only filled once with all available shows from your channel conditions. With an explicit number of days to download guide data, the plugin will repeat the process of generating program data until the number of days is filled.

What happens when schedule for update Refresh Guide runs?

All program data will be generated from scratch. If you don't want this, use "Suspend creation of new program data for X hours" in the plugin.

Will it start from the given time i settings again?

What setting? The prime time setting of the plugin or the scheduled time of the refresh guide task?

26 minutes ago, pünktchen said:

Okay, then try this version please: VirtualTV.zip
It's for Emby 4.7 and newer.

Still fails but a litte uncertain if i managed to update the plugin. What version is the new one?

26 minutes ago, pünktchen said:

Okay, then try this version please: VirtualTV.zip
It's for Emby 4.7 and newer.

Still fails but a litte uncertain if i managed to update the plugin. What version is the new one?

pünktchen
7 minutes ago, Flippz said:

Still the same problem though and same error in logs

And what are they? Should i guess that?

6 minutes ago, pünktchen said:

And what are they? Should i guess that?

Sorry. I posted in the first post about it. Im on my Phone right now. Will post later. 👍

19 minutes ago, Flippz said:

Sorry. I posted in the first post about it. Im on my Phone right now. Will post later. 👍

2022-10-22 19:24:14.727 Error TaskManager: Error
*** Error Report ***
Version: 4.8.0.13
Command line: C:\Users\flipp\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\EmbyServer.dll -noautorunwebapp
Operating system: Microsoft Windows 10.0.25227
Framework: .NET 6.0.9
OS/Process: x64/x64
Runtime: C:/Users/flipp/AppData/Roaming/Emby-Server/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
Processor count: 12
Data path: C:\Users\flipp\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata
Application path: C:\Users\flipp\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system
System.Net.WebException: System.Net.WebException: No such host is known. (https:80)
---> System.Net.Http.HttpRequestException: No such host is known. (https:80)
---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (11001): No such host is known.
at System.Net.Dns.GetHostEntryOrAddressesCore(String hostName, Boolean justAddresses, AddressFamily addressFamily, ValueStopwatch stopwatch)
at System.Net.Dns.GetHostAddresses(String hostNameOrAddress, AddressFamily family)
at System.Net.Dns.GetHostAddresses(String hostNameOrAddress)
at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Connect(String host, Int32 port)
at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Connect(EndPoint remoteEP)
at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.<>c__DisplayClass216_0.<<CreateHttpClient>b__1>d.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location ---

pünktchen

Nevermind. Try this one:  Should be fixed now.

Edited by pünktchen
removed attachement

Yes now it works :)

Have to say that i love your plugin. This adds the features that Emby always have been missing.

Just need to figure out how to set it up in "set it and forget it mode" now 

Hello,

I update the Emby Server to the latest Version and for some reason my  VirtualTV Plugin is not working, not showing so my question is do I need an updated version of the VirtualTV Plugin and if so, where would I grab that from? 

Current Versions

Emby Server = 4.7.8.0

VirtualTV Plugin = 0.9.6.0

Really quick is there a way to back up the channels or to export them or do we have to recreate them all over again?

Thanks in advance 

pünktchen
14 hours ago, STR8 said:

I update the Emby Server to the latest Version and for some reason my  VirtualTV Plugin is not working, not showing so my question is do I need an updated version of the VirtualTV Plugin and if so, where would I grab that from?

Yes, starting with Emby 4.7 you need an updated version of the plugin that you can download from the start post of this thread.

14 hours ago, STR8 said:

Really quick is there a way to back up the channels or to export them or do we have to recreate them all over again?

All the plugin settings are stored in a xml file under plugins\configuration. Normally i try to avoid plugin breaking changes, but i cannot remember if there where some between your old plugin version and the new one. You just have to try if your old settings will work with the new version. 

Hi Guys 

Using Emby = 4.7.8.0 

VirtualTV Plugin = VirtualTV.1.1.2_Emby.4.7.x.zip

After selecting an Emby user...........How do I get the Include Library Folders section to show ? so I can select media? its completely blank? what am I missing.....Its the same with all Emby users.

Thanks 1086772309_Screenshot2022-11-02at10_17_21.thumb.png.4bf4bb65fb0636f3335c35c944672992.png

pünktchen
2 hours ago, peakey said:

Hi Guys 

Using Emby = 4.7.8.0 

VirtualTV Plugin = VirtualTV.1.1.2_Emby.4.7.x.zip

After selecting an Emby user...........How do I get the Include Library Folders section to show ? so I can select media? its completely blank? what am I missing.....Its the same with all Emby users.

Thanks 1086772309_Screenshot2022-11-02at10_17_21.thumb.png.4bf4bb65fb0636f3335c35c944672992.png

There's currently a bug when the user doesn't have access to all libraries. I'll post a new plugin version in the evening.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

pünktchen

New version 1.1.3 in the starting post:

General:

• Fix for Mono installations (Synology)

Channels:

• Fix Tags exclude condition for named tv shows
  • Fixed library selection
  • Better randomization for Random (Interleaved) tv Episodes if the amount of episodes from multiple tv series differ

Export API:

• Fixed host adress override and some other exception errors

Playback:

• Added option to select the video container of the "black intro video" that is started to initialize Playlist playback. Defaults to mp4 now instead of ts.
    The default should solve playback start problems that sometimes occured in the browser app, but maybe breaks Roku.

Because i've finally switched to a newer Emby version, no more updates for Emby 4.5 or 4.6!

Edited by pünktchen
  • Thanks 3

hstamas

Hi all.

Still struggling with constant repeats. Same episodes are showing nightly.

My channels are populated with lots of episodes (20 seasons of Family Guy for example) so its not like the plugin is running out of data?

Wondering if anyone here could just tell me the numbers they are using for the 3 areas I suspect directly impact how the guide populates:

1. Emby server - Live Tv - Advanced - Number of days guide data to download = 

2. Emby server - Scheduled Tasks - Live TV Refresh Guide (task trigger) = 

3. VirtualTV - Suspend creation of new program data = 

If you could share your numbers that would be great. I suspect I am doing #2 too often and its just recycling the same episodes over and over. Would love to see how you all have it set up.

Thanks!

Junglejim
17 hours ago, hstamas said:

Hi all.

Still struggling with constant repeats. Same episodes are showing nightly.

My channels are populated with lots of episodes (20 seasons of Family Guy for example) so its not like the plugin is running out of data?

Wondering if anyone here could just tell me the numbers they are using for the 3 areas I suspect directly impact how the guide populates:

1. Emby server - Live Tv - Advanced - Number of days guide data to download = 

2. Emby server - Scheduled Tasks - Live TV Refresh Guide (task trigger) = 

3. VirtualTV - Suspend creation of new program data = 

If you could share your numbers that would be great. I suspect I am doing #2 too often and its just recycling the same episodes over and over. Would love to see how you all have it set up.

Thanks!

This is all relative to how big your library is and how many shows/movies are in that channel. I can give you some numbers but that's just for my library. The more shows/movies you can give to a channel the better it will be (16-20+ TV shows based on network or genre etc.).

1 = 3

2 = 24h

3 = (not to sure what this does, maybe for a channel that you want to watch in series form 1,2,3...)?

Edited by Junglejim

hstamas

Thanks guys. Gives me a starting point to compare.

@Junglejimyou dont find that you get lots if repeats? Your setting for #2 is what I suspect is causing my issue. Emby goes to refresh its guide data but since the LiveTV plugin has not generated any NEW data its just creating listings that contain the same episodes from the current populated guide?

The channel I notice this happening with the most is my "Fox" channel that I have every single episode of Family Guy, The Cleveland Show and American Dad configured. That makes up about 40+ seasons so almost 1000 episodes. I would think that's more than enough for a couple days worth of guide data? 

I have that channel set up to play 2-3 episodes in a row but to randomize the shows itself.

Im going to have to start keeping a watched journal so I can see if I notice a pattern but I know for a fact that last night it played an episode of The Cleveland Show at 7pm that had just played at around 4:30pm the day before.

Edited by hstamas

jblaze12

Just thinking out loud: is it possible to get added to the main plugins catalog so we can update even easier? This plugin is my #1 to watch and update.

pünktchen
23 hours ago, hstamas said:

3. VirtualTV - Suspend creation of new program data

Normally every guide refresh triggers creation of new program data in the plugin. With that setting you can prevent this. Lets say you define 168 hours, it will take 7 days after the next guide refresh until new program data is generated. You can then even refresh the guide multiple times a day within that timespan, but the program for virtual tv will not change.

• Thanks 2