TVDB Api Issues

TwIXx
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

Happy2Play

Wonder what will change in v4 as there are topic replies like this, and mentions in other topics.

It will definitely be in the new API which is still a few months down to road.

https://forums.thetvdb.com/viewtopic.php?p=171718#p171718

Right now Search isn't optimized on the Movies endpoint. It will be in our v4 API which is scheduled for at least a few months away. Our apologies.

Edited by Happy2Play

miniliQuid

For some reason 2 of my shows don't have a poster, nor season posters where before the TVDB problems they used to have it (did rescan library metadata between then and now).

I guess those 2 shows not getting posters is due to the TVDB cluster**** as well? :(

Happy2Play

I noticed that all my new tv episodes no longer have a synopsis even after manually triggering metadata refresh although they do have info on the tvdb (example: https://www.thetvdb.com/series/ncis-los-angeles/episodes/7517003).

Is this a known issue related to the api update?

No would need to the server log you did the refresh.  But maybe as they do have language/translation issues still.

Ceten

No would need to the server log you did the refresh.  But maybe as they do have language/translation issues still.

I restarted the server yesterday to get a clean log file and ran refresh metadata on the episode.

The log is attached but I don't see any reference to tvdb except for the loading of the plugin.

embylog.txt

I restarted the server yesterday to get a clean log file and ran refresh metadata on the episode.

The log is attached but I don't see any reference to tvdb except for the loading of the plugin.

Make sure the series has a tvdb id assigned.

horstepipe

Are there currently known problems with the api again? I'm having some episodes I can't fetch German metadata for, although the language is available on thetvdb websites for those episodes, e.g.:

Riverdale - S04E15

post-119953-0-12604500-1584118655_thumb.png

mastrmind11

Are there currently known problems with the api again? I'm having some episodes I can't fetch German metadata for, although the language is available on thetvdb websites for those episodes, e.g.:

Riverdale - S04E15

check your server log.

• Like 1

Q-Droid

Riverdale - S04E15

Tvdb is experiencing issues with metadata for a number of series. It's wreaking havoc for many Sonarr users causing old seasons and episodes to download after they've been deleted and unmonitored.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's also affecting the fetch from Emby.

• Like 1

Ceten

Make sure the series has a tvdb id assigned.

Hi, sorry for the late reply but it's been a busy few weeks.

I just checked again with one of the episodes without synopsis and it does have the TheTVDB id filled in but can't retrieve the synopsis.

Note that Emby is set to retreive Dutch metadata and there is no Dutch synopsis but it used to fall back to English

I also noted a lot of new series that only have certain images, mostly only backdrops work.

For example Night on Earth (https://thetvdb.com/series/night-on-earth) only retrieves a backdrop although posters and banners do exist.

Even with manual search for all languages Emby only finds imaages for the backdrops.

I've attached a screenshot of the filled in TheTVDB id and my server log.

post-3553-0-93226100-1584345328_thumb.png

embyserver-63719827200.txt

I would check the languages assigned to the images on tvdb and compare that with your configured image language.

Ceten

I would check the languages assigned to the images on tvdb and compare that with your configured image language.

There is 1 poster without assigned language (https://thetvdb.com/artwork/62069660), all the other images have English language.

But should that matter with a manual search for all languages?

neik

Is the PlugIn already using the latest version of the API?

If not, would that help avoiding the issues with TVDB that are ongoing for some months now?

• 2 weeks later...
Happy2Play

FYI "No posters via API with posters on main site"

Unfortunately right now the API isn't optimized to pull images without a language set and it would take a considerable amount of time to develop. This will however be prioritized and addressed in our v4 which is coming out later this year. Apologies that I don't have better news.

Happy2Play

So there's no way at all to get them?

From my understanding since they have some of these Poster images with no language, no as the api is not returning them.

Are there a lot of these, or only a few here and there?

It sounds like we will have to go back to enabling MovieDb by default. We can keep it secondary to tvdb so that it is only used to download images that weren't found from tvdb.

Happy2Play

I have only found ones people have posted/reported.  Ideally they need to report to TVDB to apply a image language as it would appear it current requires a mod to edit this.

miniliQuid

TVDB still just having a lot of issues. Posters are few and far between though (from what I could find at least, checked around their site manually).

It's kind of a hot mess over there though, but most things are still being worked on from what I have seen on the few forum posts I checked.

I haven't done any real digging though, more like glancing over their site and forum for some quick info.

Hate spending any time there at all, they may be one of the best providers for what they do (seeing as most programs and sites use their info), but their attitude is the worst.

Personally love how filebot gives a lot more options than just TVDB.

Then again, TVDB is trying to cater to more wishes with their "new concept" from what I have found.

Their attitude though.... still gives me the creeps.

My impression that they must be significantly under-staffed if they have to allow these kinds of issues to slip into production.

• 2 weeks later...