TVDB Api Issues

TwIXx
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

Happy2Play

If Emby is using v1 the question is:

Why doesn't Emby update to be in order to be future proof?!

Well I imagine it will be eventually, but that assumes the same functionality can be done on v3.  Only one to truly blame is TVDB.

API traffic for both v1 and v2 has also migrated over to our new infrastructure.

Well I imagine it will be eventually, but that assumes the same functionality can be done on v3.  Only one to truly blame is TVDB.

API traffic for both v1 and v2 has also migrated over to our new infrastructure.

Not blaming anyone just thought that could be the solution to this. ;-)

So, the question now is: Does v3 offer the same functionality as v1?

If so, why not update to v3 as I would assume they to enforce it eventually some day.

Happy2Play

Not blaming anyone just thought that could be the solution to this. ;-)

So, the question now is: Does v3 offer the same functionality as v1?

If so, why not update to v3 as I would assume they to enforce it eventually some day.

I would assume the time it takes to completely rewrite the plugin, is time currently spent in other areas.

• Like 1

Sorry but have no idea what you are referencing.  But in the end I would guess different method to get the same thing.  Emby is still primarily using v1 methods.  TVDB stated backwards compatibility but all/most of that was broke during v3 updating and has gradually be fixed or devs having to change/update their previous methods

sorry but I'm not interested in the technical side, I'm a user and want to be able to use it without errors

the only thing what i see is that my 4year old kodi client is doint what i want and emby not, so about this im asking what is up there or the differenz.

today i move 10tb of tv shows and again the tvdb posters are not showing up and i have to made like 20years a go by hand

Edited by minos

Happy2Play

sorry but I'm not interested in the technical side, I'm a user and want to be able to use it without errors

the only thing what i see is that my 4year old kodi client is doint what i want and emby not, so about this im asking what is up there or the differenz.

today i move 10tb of tv shows and again the tvdb posters are not showing up and i have to made like 20years a go by hand

Sorry but without specific examples and how your library setting are configured and a log it is impossible to say.  

I would assume images are with media if you made them by hand, so are you saying Emby is not reading your existing images?  But this really does not sound like a TVDB issue though.

We will be updating to API V3, but rushing it out in response to a problem reported here will probably do more harm than good. The V3 update will take a little time. In the meantime, we're hoping to get some answers on the existing outstanding issues.

• Like 2

Happy2Play

FYI, don't think this applies to us.

Dear Users,

As you probably know, we cutover to a new infrastructure, API, and website in early November 2019 and with that update came the introduction of some modern security features. However, as with any update, the transition revealed some upgrades we needed to make and we have made the tough decision to stop supporting a feature which may require some legacy users of the site to update their media centers. One issue that we encountered was that some older versions of Python (mostly 2.7) experienced issues due to a bug in their bundled url libraries. This caused some old scrapers and players to experience a SSL handshake failure due to outdated/unsupported TLS support. We put a temporary fix in place to remedy the issue and worked with some partners to put in a fix for their users, but our temporary solution is hugely expensive and presents a security issue for the site, the integrity of the data, and our users. Ultimately, we can no longer sustain this support and will be sunsetting our temporary fix soon. It may be in your best interest to reach out to the developers of your specific media center software to see if your system will be affected and if there are any upgrades that will solve this issue. We are sorry to discontinue the support of any technology that our users have become reliant upon, but this transition has made apparent that deprecating some of our older systems and early APIs is the only way we can continue to grow and build the best that TheTVDB has to offer.

Sincerely,
TheTVDB Team

FYI, don't think this applies to us.

The good with the bad.. Will Emby adapt?

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Happy2Play

The good with the bad.. Will Emby adapt?

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Luke already commented above, but there are still just as many issues via their api that TVDB is still dealing with.

millerajm

Hi all, I'm still not getting any metadata info from TVdb. I'm running emby 4.3.1.0 on Ubuntu 16.04.6, TVDB plugin version 1.0.24.0.

It sounds like basic functionality should be restored at this time with these versions, but I'm not able to see anything from TVdb. I can't even identify shows using the TVdb ID.

If someone can confirm that they are able to identify shows by TVdb ID and get episode names etc., that would be helpful,

Happy2Play

@@Luke has there been a change in Season image?  I can open these season images with the url "https://www.thetvdb.com/banners/"prefix.

Mandalorian

<Banner>
    <id>60741928</id>
    <BannerPath>seasons/5dcaca6597db6.jpg</BannerPath>
    <BannerType>season</BannerType>
    <BannerType2>680x1000</BannerType2>
    <Language>en</Language>
    <Season>1</Season>
    <Colors/>
    <Rating>0.00</Rating>
    <RatingCount>0</RatingCount>
    <SeriesName>false</SeriesName>
    <ThumbnailPath>seasons/5dcaca6597db6_t.jpg</ThumbnailPath>
    <VignettePath>seasons/5dcaca6597db6_t.jpg</VignettePath>
  </Banner>
  <Banner>
    <id>60741929</id>
    <BannerPath>seasons/5dcb313b92755.jpg</BannerPath>
    <Language>en</Language>
    <Season>1</Season>
    <Colors/>
    <Rating>3.00</Rating>
    <RatingCount>3</RatingCount>
    <ThumbnailPath>seasons/5dcb313b92755_t.jpg</ThumbnailPath>
    <VignettePath>seasons/5dcb313b92755_t.jpg</VignettePath>
  </Banner>
  <Banner>
    <id>60741932</id>
    <BannerPath>seasons/5dcb315cbdbd0.jpg</BannerPath>
    <Language>en</Language>
    <Season>1</Season>
    <Colors/>
    <Rating>1.00</Rating>
    <RatingCount>1</RatingCount>
    <ThumbnailPath>seasons/5dcb315cbdbd0_t.jpg</ThumbnailPath>
    <VignettePath>seasons/5dcb315cbdbd0_t.jpg</VignettePath>
  </Banner>
  <Banner>
    <id>62035484</id>
    <BannerPath>series/361753/seasons/806365/posters/62035484.jpg</BannerPath>
    <Language>en</Language>
    <Season>1</Season>
    <Colors/>
    <Rating>0.00</Rating>
    <ThumbnailPath>series/361753/seasons/806365/posters/62035484_t.jpg</ThumbnailPath>
    <VignettePath>series/361753/seasons/806365/posters/62035484_t.jpg</VignettePath>
  </Banner>

Happy2Play

Hi all, I'm still not getting any metadata info from TVdb. I'm running emby 4.3.1.0 on Ubuntu 16.04.6, TVDB plugin version 1.0.24.0.

It sounds like basic functionality should be restored at this time with these versions, but I'm not able to see anything from TVdb. I can't even identify shows using the TVdb ID.

If someone can confirm that they are able to identify shows by TVdb ID and get episode names etc., that would be helpful,

Do you have a specific example as everything appears to be mostly working.

@@Luke has there been a change in Season image?  I can open these season images with the url "https://www.thetvdb.com/banners/"prefix.

Mandalorian

<Banner>
    <id>60741928</id>
    <BannerPath>seasons/5dcaca6597db6.jpg</BannerPath>
    <Language>en</Language>
    <Season>1</Season>
    <Colors/>
    <Rating>0.00</Rating>
    <ThumbnailPath>seasons/5dcaca6597db6_t.jpg</ThumbnailPath>
    <VignettePath>seasons/5dcaca6597db6_t.jpg</VignettePath>
  </Banner>
  <Banner>
    <id>60741929</id>
    <BannerPath>seasons/5dcb313b92755.jpg</BannerPath>
    <Language>en</Language>
    <Season>1</Season>
    <Colors/>
    <Rating>3.00</Rating>
    <RatingCount>3</RatingCount>
    <ThumbnailPath>seasons/5dcb313b92755_t.jpg</ThumbnailPath>
    <VignettePath>seasons/5dcb313b92755_t.jpg</VignettePath>
  </Banner>
  <Banner>
    <id>60741932</id>
    <BannerPath>seasons/5dcb315cbdbd0.jpg</BannerPath>
    <Language>en</Language>
    <Season>1</Season>
    <Colors/>
    <Rating>1.00</Rating>
    <RatingCount>1</RatingCount>
    <ThumbnailPath>seasons/5dcb315cbdbd0_t.jpg</ThumbnailPath>
    <VignettePath>seasons/5dcb315cbdbd0_t.jpg</VignettePath>
  </Banner>
  <Banner>
    <id>62035484</id>
    <BannerPath>series/361753/seasons/806365/posters/62035484.jpg</BannerPath>
    <Language>en</Language>
    <Season>1</Season>
    <Colors/>
    <Rating>0.00</Rating>
    <ThumbnailPath>series/361753/seasons/806365/posters/62035484_t.jpg</ThumbnailPath>
    <VignettePath>series/361753/seasons/806365/posters/62035484_t.jpg</VignettePath>
  </Banner>

Yea the urls are ok it's just that if you look at the xml, the images have the wrong season number assigned.

Happy2Play

Yea the urls are ok it's just that if you look at the xml, the images have the wrong season number assigned.

Can you elaborate so I can possible raise the issue again.

As the images have season number tags.

millerajm

Do you have a specific example as everything appears to be mostly working.

Well, let's start with this, I have a series I've just added (Charlie Chaplin) If I select Identify, and search "charlie chaplin" results appear, but none from TVDB. If I go to the library settings and leave only TVDB checked as a metadata provider, then nothing at all appears when I search, no matter what.

I do see this line in the log when I search tvdb (there are also 4 instances at the top from loading the plugin when the server starts), but that's all:

2020-01-10 01:14:12.742 Info HttpClient: GET https://www.thetvdb.com/api/GetSeries.php?seriesname=charlie+chaplin&language=en

Is there something specific you'd like me to try? I can pm you server logs or more details about my port forwarding, etc.

Edit:

If I search by TVDB ID directly, I get a blank yellow square with no name as the result. I can click it, and proceed as though actually identifying it, this appears in the logs (plus about 140 other lines as different things are applied on different files):

2020-01-10 01:22:43.575 Info App: Setting provider id's to item 27308-The Charlie Chaplin Show: {"Tvdb":"0"}
2020-01-10 01:22:43.990 Debug App: ApplySearchResult
2020-01-10 01:22:44.005 Debug App: Running TvdbSeriesProvider for /database/library2/TV/The Charlie Chaplin Show
2020-01-10 01:22:44.072 Debug App: Running SeriesNfoProvider for /database/library2/TV/The Charlie Chaplin Show
2020-01-10 01:22:44.151 Debug App: Running TvdbSeriesImageProvider for /database/library2/TV/The Charlie Chaplin Show

But no metadata actually appears (I suspect because that provider id it set is just 0).

Edited by millerajm

Happy2Play

@@Luke has something changed with Identify search by name as I get no results on any NEW series via TVDB.  

Version 1.0.24 but get no search results in .23 either.

And using tvdbid 264433 return blank data xml and blank placeholder.  cached items are displayed via id.

Edited by Happy2Play

millerajm

@@Luke has something changed with Identify search by name as I get no results on any series via TVDB.

Version 1.0.24 but get no search results in .23 either.

And using tvdbid 264433 return blank data xml and blank placeholder.

I get no results identifying for any tvdbid, that isn't specific to 264433 for me at least.

DarWun

According to this post in the tvdb forums, the API issues from January 10, 2020 should be fixed. 

https://forums.thetvdb.com/viewtopic.php?f=122&t=60239

I just refreshed the metadata for one of the series that was affected over the last couple of days. Metadata updated correctly and season images downloaded.

According to this post in the tvdb forums, the API issues from January 10, 2020 should be fixed. 

I just refreshed the metadata for one of the series that was affected over the last couple of days. Metadata updated correctly and season images downloaded.

Thanks for the feedback !

• Like 1

millerajm

I tried identifying the TV shows that I was having issues with, no issues searching by name or identifying by tvdbid now!

• Like 2