TVDB Api Issues

TwIXx
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

According to this post in the tvdb forums, the API issues from January 10, 2020 should be fixed. 

https://forums.thetvdb.com/viewtopic.php?f=122&t=60239

I just refreshed the metadata for one of the series that was affected over the last couple of days. Metadata updated correctly and season images downloaded.

Here only for the main poster, not the season posters :(

I'm only getting main posters and not season posters. Anyone in the same boat? Also, when I go to edit the library, the only option in the list for season metadata is the moviedb but the tvdb is available for episodes and shows :/

Happy2Play

I'm only getting main posters and not season posters. Anyone in the same boat? Also, when I go to edit the library, the only option in the list for season metadata is the moviedb but the tvdb is available for episodes and shows :/

Emby currently still does not see TVDB season images.  As for season metadata, TMDB in the only site that provides season level overviews.

Emby currently still does not see TVDB season images.  As for season metadata, TMDB in the only site that provides season level overviews.

Ah, that will be why. Thanks for the clarification. :-)

UPDATE: I removed the Star Trek folder, rescanned the Library, and then added it back, and rescanned the library, changed the series to DVD order, and the only thing that fixed was the episode thumbnails. Emby is still expecting my files to be numbered in aired order, even though I've selected DVD. I'm curious to see what absolute order would do, since I assume that should expect the files to be numbered absolutely rather than aired order. Also, I think this post is in the wrong place, since this appears to be an Emby issue, and not a tvdb issue.

I'm still having an episode numbering issue with my Star Trek. With DVD order selected, Emby now displays the correct order, but seems to be expecting the files to be named in Aired order. This was not the case before. Do I need to rename all of my episode files so that they are in Aired order? Also, the episode thumbnails stubbornly resist updaing, and still show the image for the Aired ordering. So, as of right now, I have a three way mismatch. The displayed order is DVD, the thumbnail is Aired, and the filename name associated is the aired order of the correctly displayed episode (which means the wrong file, since I have them numbered in DVD order). 

Here's a screen clip:

5e1bcee4af717_Capture.png

So, in this example: Thumbnail is from The Man Trap, the episode name and info is for Where No Man Has Gone Before and the filename is for Mudd's Women.

Edited by mawazi

Well instead of the BannerType2 node saying season, it now says 680x1000. I can add a workaround for that easily but that's not ideal as it will have to be updated periodically over time for new image sizes.

Here's a tvdb update with the workaround that you can start testing. I tested this with a couple series and it seems to be OK, but a couple weeks ago things were much worse so this will need a little testing before we can publish it. Watch out for seasons coming up with the wrong posters. 

• Like 1

***UPDATE***

Emby still will not find metadata when selecting Identify or Refresh Metadata. Correction Synopsis can be found sometimes; but never images; actors; etc. To work around this I have started downloading my own images from fanart.tv and simple image searches on my favourite search engines. The synopsis does not populate until after I click refresh metadata. The images never show up; and when I click Identify often no search results come back OR search results come back and the images are never stored.

Fanart.tv is awesome for logos and pngs

Search engines are great for still images for backdrops

I hope someone fixes this soon.

***UPDATE***

Emby still will not find metadata when selecting Identify or Refresh Metadata. Correction Synopsis can be found sometimes; but never images; actors; etc. To work around this I have started downloading my own images from fanart.tv and simple image searches on my favourite search engines. The synopsis does not populate until after I click refresh metadata. The images never show up; and when I click Identify often no search results come back OR search results come back and the images are never stored.

Hi, please see how to report a problem. Thanks.

Happy2Play

***UPDATE***

Need specific examples as I currently do not see this behavior.

Appears to be working in my tests.

How many series did you try? Dexter is one series in particular that i remember having incorrect season posters, and it seems they've corrected that now. So that's encouraging.

Happy2Play

How many series did you try? Dexter is one series in particular that i remember having incorrect season posters, and it seems they've corrected that now. So that's encouraging.

About 20 different Series seasons.  

If users are seeing Wrong Season poster I can raise the issue on their forum or the user can raise the issue.  But I don't see TVDB being back to the way they were anytime soon.

After twenty pages of reading peoples different results I am now completely confused.

All meta data works for me except season posters, it has been like this since my last post on back in November year...

I've been using the Mandalorian to test since TVDB decided to monumentally screw their API. The have already spent an unacceptable amount of time to get the basics of their API fixed. (Thanks to @@Luke and @@Happy2Play for trying to keep everyone calm during this period of WTF.)

Can I please get the following clarified: (I'm currently using TVDB 1.0.24.0)

1. Are Season posters available in the TVDB XML (Y/N)?

2. Is Kodi able to get season posters correctly (Y/N/)?

3. Is Emby able to get season posters correctly (Y/N)?

If Emby is able to get season posters, What are the exact steps do I get them in to my library?

I have a lot of shows now without season posters and keeping track of them for fixing later is starting to become a pain.

@@Luke can you maybe stick Emby's TVDB status at the top of this thread, as what you've put there already been superseeded with 1.0.24.0, and having actual working/not working statuses would save people for from having to read 20 pages and still not having a definitive/clear answer to the current issues Emby is having with TVDB?

It sucks that the Emby team is having to deal so much with an issue that is essentially caused by a 3rd party that obviously have no f'n clue about software release cycles or how to regression test correctly.

Good job to the Emby team...

WTF to the TVDB team, Get your shit together, f'n test before you release, and don't release broken APIs FFS!

I just checked the Mandalorian again and after refreshing the metadata for the series with replace images enabled  now I'm getting duplicate actors:

Can't seem to paste my image here.

Edited by ponch

Happy2Play

After twenty pages of reading peoples different results I am now completely confused.

All meta data works for me except season posters, it has been like this since my last post on back in November year...

I've been using the Mandalorian to test since TVDB decided to monumentally screw their API. The have already spent an unacceptable amount of time to get the basics of their API fixed. (Thanks to @@Luke and @@Happy2Play for trying to keep everyone calm during this period of WTF.)

Can I please get the following clarified: (I'm currently using TVDB 1.0.24.0)

1. Are Season posters available in the TVDB XML (Y/N)?

2. Is Kodi able to get season posters correctly (Y/N/)?

3. Is Emby able to get season posters correctly (Y/N)?

If Emby is able to get season posters, What are the exact steps do I get them in to my library?

I have a lot of shows now without season posters and keeping track of them for fixing later is starting to become a pain.

@@Luke can you maybe stick Emby's TVDB status at the top of this thread, as what you've put there already been superseeded with 1.0.24.0, and having actual working/not working statuses would save people for from having to read 20 pages and still not having a definitive/clear answer to the current issues Emby is having with TVDB?

It sucks that the Emby team is having to deal so much with an issue that is essentially caused by a 3rd party that obviously have no f'n clue about software release cycles or how to regression test correctly.

Good job to the Emby team...

WTF to the TVDB team, Get your shit together, f'n test before you release, and don't release broken APIs FFS!

See post 385

I would assume it will make it to the catalog eventually.

As for missing stuff, after replacing the dll and restarting your server, Refresh and select Search for Missing metadata as library level.

Happy2Play

I just checked the Mandalorian again and after refreshing the metadata for the series with replace images enabled  now I'm getting duplicate actors:

Not sure how you can get duplicate Actor.

Not sure how you can get duplicate Actor.

Another refesh fixed it :) sorry I tried to delete message but you were to quick.

Actaully I refreshed after swapping the dll...

Edited by ponch

See post 385

I would assume it will make it to the catalog eventually.

As for missing stuff, after replacing the dll and restarting your server, Refresh and select Search for Missing metadata as library level.

HOORAY!!!! Finally I can get season images.

@@Luke I will test this on my other shows and let you know of any issues (I'm aware it's a temp fix till TVDB API settles down.)

@@Happy2Play thanks for quick response, I had been reading too many pages and it all gets blurry after a while and I missed it.

FOR THE EMBY COMMUNITY THAT ARE LOOKING FOR THE CURRENT FIX AS OF 15/01/2020 PLEASE DOWNLOAD THE TVDB DLL FROM POST 385

Thanks

• Like 1

HOORAY!!!! Finally I can get season images.

@@Luke I will test this on my other shows and let you know of any issues (I'm aware it's a temp fix till TVDB API settles down.)

@@Happy2Play thanks for quick response, I had been reading too many pages and it all gets blurry after a while and I missed it.

FOR THE EMBY COMMUNITY THAT ARE LOOKING FOR THE CURRENT FIX AS OF 15/01/2020 PLEASE DOWNLOAD THE TVDB DLL FROM POST 385

Thanks

@@Happy2Play - Shame it only worked for a couple of shows. I can see the images listed in the xml but Emby isn't getting them.

Looks like I'm back to waiting :(

Update: I've just finished fixing my tv shows only a handful don't work. My guess TVDB still needs to sort themselves out. Will try again later :)

Edit: I've attached a zip for one of the failing shows if it helps...

en.xml.zip

Edited by ponch

Happy2Play

@@Happy2Play - Shame it only worked for a couple of shows. I can see the images listed in the xml but Emby isn't getting them.

Looks like I'm back to waiting :(

Can you go over an example, I haven't come across any issues yet.  Unless this is a language issue, but need examples.

Edited by Happy2Play