TVDB Api Issues

TwIXx
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

Can you go over an example, I haven't come across any issues yet.  Unless this is a language issue, but need examples.

I've attached an example with multiple seasons in it in my previous post. Happy to attach some of the others if it helps :) Thanks for looking in to it

The tvdb plugin 1.0.25 update is up with the workaround for season posters.

@@Luke I can confirm that after updating from the catalogue and running a full metadata refresh (including ticking the box to replace existing images) on my TV Shows, all season posters are now showing up perfectly. Thanks to you and the team. :-)

The tvdb plugin 1.0.25 update is up with the workaround for season posters.

@@Luke @@Happy2Play 1.0.25.0 seems pretty sweet.

I checked a series I was having issues with (Specifically the one I attached above) and although the XML claims there are season posters, they do not display on their own site. In fact I tried to retrieve the entire series again it lost the series poster which was on their site!

I'm guessing they are still migrating media in to their collection or whatever. (I hope they haven't lost much in the change over process).

I'm just glad my media collection looks great again!

I love Emby and have been using it since it was called MediaBrowser, the Emby team has done a top notch job!

Anyway thanks and lets hope TVDB fix the last issues quickly :)

Its look like Themoviedb has a lot of seasons posters, but it isnt available in tv shows

also fanart

Edited by sertik

Its look like Themoviedb has a lot of seasons posters, but it isnt available in tv shows

also fanart

Emby Server supports both MovieDb and Fanart for both series and season posters. Make sure the image fetchers are enabled in your library settings.

Happy2Play

@@Luke It doesn't appear Absolute order is working.  I only tested on Firefly, it maintains the Aired order.

Or are there other dependencies for Absolute order, like naming?

Edited by Happy2Play

@@Luke It doesn't appear Absolute order is working.  I only tested on Firefly, it maintains the Aired order.

Or are there other dependencies for Absolute order, like naming?

Should Firefly order be different with absolute? Usually with that series it's Dvd order that you'd be using, if you're not using Aired.

Happy2Play

Should Firefly order be different with absolute? Usually with that series it's Dvd order that you'd be using, if you're not using Aired.

Just testing the info returned from TVDB.  It should be the same as DVD in this test case.  One shows one more episode then the other on TVDB.

So if Absolute order is suppose to read "<absolute_number>", then it currently does not work in this example.

Just testing the info returned from TVDB.  It should be the same as DVD in this test case.  One shows one more episode then the other on TVDB.

So if Absolute order is suppose to read "", then it currently does not work in this example.

You've have to remove the season number from each episode in order for absolute numbering to work, although we should be able to improve that for single season shows like this.

• Like 1

Trying to add Curb Your Enthusiasm and it is not recognized, are there new issues? Even when I manually match it, the episode names are not fetched.

blade005

Emby Server supports both MovieDb and Fanart for both series and season posters. Make sure the image fetchers are enabled in your library settings.

@@Luke

As TVDB has transitioned to their new API and layout I see that they have added two entries in their image section. PANEL (i.e. Thumb/Landscape) and ICON (i.e. Logo). Two items that we only had Fanart for. Any consideration to adding these to the Image Fetch parameters?

Happy2Play

TVDB Survey

In an effort to continue improving the site, we'd love to get your feedback. Our survey should take 5-10 minutes to complete and will help us understand where to focus our future efforts. This is very important for internal prioritization, so PLEASE everyone do this if you can spare the time.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/tvdb-users

Bazzu85

Hi,

I'm noticing (again) that the non-english translation are half retrieved..

if you have italian title and english plot, plot is never retrieved..

I thought the problem was resolved last month but now I have the same issue again..

so is tvdb or last plugin version?

Happy2Play

@@Luke

As TVDB has transitioned to their new API and layout I see that they have added two entries in their image section. PANEL (i.e. Thumb/Landscape) and ICON (i.e. Logo). Two items that we only had Fanart for. Any consideration to adding these to the Image Fetch parameters?

Yes those can be added. Thanks.

How are these Icons suppose to be used?  I see a couple could be logos.  Will these 1x1 images be a issue?

Using Star Trek: Picard as an example Icons

https://www.thetvdb.com/series/star-trek-picard/artwork/icons

Edited by Happy2Play

Unable to identify Simpsons it gave me Demashita! Powerpuff Girls Z might be id mistmatch

attempted with imdb,tvdb,themoviedb

Edited by sertik

Happy2Play

FYI

Hi there! There are some delays currently with the v1 updates that should be fixed soon as we're working on a larger scale issue that will fix many of the current issues in v1. As far as the differences in language, it likely updated on aus because that wasn't already cached, so it just loaded live and then cached the result. Since English was likely accessed prior, it needed to wait for the cache to expire to show the updates.

https://forums.thetvdb.com/viewtopic.php?f=122&t=62107

• 4 weeks later...