Show off your rig..

saajan4u

pir8radio

Dashboards are cool...  I like lots of stats!   Here is my system, you can view it real time with the link below..  More of a network map than a dashboard... But I still think its neat.   My System

Edited by pir8radio
  • Like 1

Dashboards are cool... I like lots of stats! Here is my system, you can view it real time with the link below.. More of a network map than a dashboard... But I still think its neat. My System

I see you PRTG?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guest asrequested

been on a bit of a spending spree today.

for some reason my 3TB toshiba drive decided to uninitialize itself which p~~sed me off. So i bought a new case with 16x SATA/SAS hot swap bays. also decided to ditch the Supertrak 8650 raid card and by a LSI 9211 which i will flash to IT mode and finally a few new 3TB drives, some to include in my Stablebit Drivepool and a few hot spares.

Currently trying to re-build the partitions on the 3TB drive. doesnt overly bother me as Drivepool had folder protection on and was duplicated across my other drives.

What case have you ordered?

the1legend

Love Grafana but spent a weekend working with it once and I believe that it took six months out of my life expectancy.  What a difficult thing to use. I can't wait until something easier comes along. :) 

looks really good. i use a monitoring app but nothing like that.

588265175237d_Untitled.jpg

Guest asrequested

I'm pretty good about wires. I do have more small smart tv's than I know what to do with though.

Now I'm imagining a room full of screens  :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...
Guest asrequested

New Tripp-Lite B020-008-17 KVM console and Noctua fans, have arrived :)

589d2935e5891_IMAG02511.jpg

589d29678bfcd_IMAG02521.jpg

Oh! I also got another HDHR Prime and another PDU :)

Edited by Doofus
  • Like 2

Never heard of IPMI? B):D

Why use IPMI if you have a freaking KVM Console :P

Sweet update Doofus. Once I move to a different place imma go mad on my server :P

Edited by PVTD

PenkethBoy

@ Just a point to make your life easier - you dont have to have drive letters for all your pool drives in DrivePool - just mount them to a directory or just have no mount point at all

Guest asrequested

@ Just a point to make your life easier - you dont have to have drive letters for all your pool drives in DrivePool - just mount them to a directory or just have no mount point at all

It's just default, right now. I'm planning on delving deeper, at some point.

Guest asrequested

And for my next trick....I'll make data disappear from one place and make it reappear in another....SOOPA FAST! :D

589e7f1fe27a3_IMAG025621.jpg

Edited by Doofus
  • Like 2

Guest asrequested

Cool

we can compare transfer speed now :)

I've got some tweaking to do, today. I was getting varied transfer speeds, last night. I'll play around with it more, once I've finished everything else.

PenkethBoy

Yes i get varying speeds also - i'm 99.99% sure its either end that's the problem - in the sense the disks either cant sustain the data speeds or something else is asking for data and causing a pause

I get a decent 400mb/S transfer on a direct 10gb link. Then again, when it switches to the artwork and subtitles, it slows down a little. (Capped at 400-500mb/S cuz of the SSD).

One day I'll add a PCI SSD to get a little more out of it or buy a second SSD and set it in RAID0. I'm pretty happy about DrivePool :)

Guest asrequested

Yes i get varying speeds also - i'm 99.99% sure its either end that's the problem - in the sense the disks either cant sustain the data speeds or something else is asking for data and causing a pause

I think when writing to the drive pool, the software is doing something. The best speed that windows explorer displayed (I should probably use a better indicator), is 309 MB/s

I get a decent 400mb/S transfer on a direct 10gb link. Then again, when it switches to the artwork and subtitles, it slows down a little. (Capped at 400-500mb/S cuz of the SSD).

One day I'll add a PCI SSD to get a little more out of it or buy a second SSD and set it in RAID0. I'm pretty happy about DrivePool :)

All my storage are mechanical drives. Are you using SFP+ DAC cables or ethernet?

And just to add, I wanted 10G for overall bandwidth and not just high transfer speeds. I do multiple things over the network, and I was choking the 2G. So the 10G will give me more room

Edited by Doofus

TBH I have both servers with a direct 10gb link SFP.

Both servers also have 3x1gb teamed up Cat6 to a switch connected to the router.

With DrovePool you can also use an SSD('s) to speed up the transfer speeds. It acts as a caching memory. I tried making a ramdisk but DrivePool doesn't recognize it. Might also be the ramdisk software...

Edit: https://stablebit.com/DrivePool/Plugins

Edited by PVTD