Show off your rig..

saajan4u

PenkethBoy

8650? Looks from a quick look to be circa 2008/9 and a Raid card so probably not flashable to IT mode - has similar features to my HP P410 - but you might get lucky :)

Guest asrequested

Time to buy a new card :D How can you argue with a good reason to be new tech? :D

Not that I really need a reason lol

10G is on the horizon :D

clarkss12

Got a new rig today  :P

5879475946444_RPi.jpg

Now, that is what I am talking about.   :)  RPi 3?  Gonna show us how ET runs on it?? Will it require transcoding? ( I know, depends on codec).

Edited by clarkss12
  • Like 1

Latchmor

RPi? I've never played with one. I'm one of those guys that would buy a German Shepard and not a Chihuahua lol.

Oh yeah me too but sometimes like to tinker. Had it setup with Emby Theater in 20 mins and Direct Playback was flawless. I'm quite impressed.

Guest asrequested

Oh yeah me too but sometimes like to tinker. Had it setup with Emby Theater in 20 mins and Direct Playback was flawless. I'm quite impressed.

Nice! What about TrueHD and Atmos? Does it support them?

Latchmor

Nice! What about TrueHD and Atmos? Does it support them?

No idea, someone else here will though. I only have AC3 and DTS.

clarkss12

If that is your first "tinker toy", be careful, they can get to be very addictive.  I got bit by the "tinker toy" bug, and now I have/had 2 dozen of the tiny mini computers (lots of $$$).  So many, I can't give them away any longer.  But I have been converting them to Linux and LibreELEC, just because I can.

• Like 1

Latchmor

If that is your first "tinker toy", be careful, they can get to be very addictive.  I got bit by the "tinker toy" bug, and now I have/had 2 dozen of the tiny mini computers (lots of $$$).  So many, I can't give them away any longer.  But I have been converting them to Linux and LibreELEC, just because I can.

Nah, I just fancied this for a change. I'm mostly a windows guy but do have a FireTV and Nexus Player too. I've resisted the mini android boxes so far and that's the way it will stay!  ;)

clarkss12

Now I may have to buy one, just to futz with it

The more people that have them, and can comment on them, the better.  I have so many different arm devices, I don't want to purchase any more (going to the poor house as it is).  BUTTTT, If I hear more good things about how they perform, ESPECIALLY as a server AND client, I just may scrape enough $$$ to get one.

Guest asrequested

I just don't like mini stuff, but I was about to start looking into something for the bedroom. This may be an option.

clarkss12

I just don't like mini stuff, but I was about to start looking into something for the bedroom. This may be an option.

I have reached the point, if a device uses more that 15 watts, I cringe.  Perhaps, that is an OLD person's thing.

Guest asrequested

Lol... Nah! There's a lot of people around here who are resource conscious. Northern California seems to be a conservation oriented place. Having said that, there's a lot of money pouring into this area. The times, they are achangin'

Swynol

been on a bit of a spending spree today. 

for some reason my 3TB toshiba drive decided to uninitialize itself which p~~sed me off. So i bought a new case with 16x SATA/SAS hot swap bays. also decided to ditch the Supertrak 8650 raid card and by a LSI 9211 which i will flash to IT mode and finally a few new 3TB drives, some to include in my Stablebit Drivepool and a few hot spares.

Currently trying to re-build the partitions on the 3TB drive. doesnt overly bother me as Drivepool had folder protection on and was duplicated across my other drives.

pir8radio

been on a bit of a spending spree today. 

for some reason my 3TB toshiba drive decided to uninitialize itself which p~~sed me off. So i bought a new case with 16x SATA/SAS hot swap bays. also decided to ditch the Supertrak 8650 raid card and by a LSI 9211 which i will flash to IT mode and finally a few new 3TB drives, some to include in my Stablebit Drivepool and a few hot spares.

Currently trying to re-build the partitions on the 3TB drive. doesnt overly bother me as Drivepool had folder protection on and was duplicated across my other drives.

Too much talking on this thread, lets see some pictures!    :P  :D

• Like 5

Swynol

waiting for them to arrive in the post. strangely my drive decided to re-initialize itself with no data loss.....

annoyingly i was planning to upgrade my router and wireless APs this payday, looks like they will have to wait as i bought all the kit in the last post sooner that i expected.

colejack

Wish I had some new things to show off, but the only thing I have on its way is 4 more 2TB drives for my mediaNAS. Will bring me up to 19x 2TB drives in that box.

I did work on a dashboard though. Using InfluxDB for the backend, Grafana for the graphs. Telegraf sends the data from each node to InfluxDB.

5882256c1b362_Capture.png

• Like 4

Wish I had some new things to show off, but the only thing I have on its way is 4 more 2TB drives for my mediaNAS. Will bring me up to 19x 2TB drives in that box.

I did work on a dashboard though. Using InfluxDB for the backend, Grafana for the graphs. Telegraf sends the data from each node to InfluxDB.

That is pretty sweet for monitoring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Swynol

looks really good. i use a monitoring app but nothing like that.

588265175237d_Untitled.jpg

• Like 3