Automatic version grouping for movies

MikePlanet

Hoptional
5 hours ago, OnyxUK said:

hey do you know if this version reads strm files too ? 

I have no experience with strm files, unfortunately. But if emby handles them as normal library items, it should work. I suggest you just try it, but create a backup first, just in case.

Edited by Hoptional
  • Like 1

OnyxUK
4 hours ago, Hoptional said:

I have no experience with strm files, unfortunately. But if emby handles them as normal library items, it should work. I suggest you just try it, but create a backup first, just in case.

okay cheers mate :)

grimevil
On 09/01/2024 at 05:27, OnyxUK said:

okay cheers mate :)

Let me know if it works as I am in the same boat :D 

Hoptional

So regarding .strm files: I have looked into the logic again that is querying the movies and indeed it doesn't work with strm files. I did a short test and it appears to be easily fixable, but I also read through the discussion in this thread and @Cheesegeezerargued that strm files should never have been supported in the first place. I have to admit I don't understand the reasoning behind this, but I don't think I am in the position to question their decisions and much less to release a version that directly defies them. Maybe @Cheesegeezercan comment on it?

grimevil
5 hours ago, Hoptional said:

So regarding .strm files: I have looked into the logic again that is querying the movies and indeed it doesn't work with strm files. I did a short test and it appears to be easily fixable, but I also read through the discussion in this thread and @Cheesegeezerargued that strm files should never have been supported in the first place. I have to admit I don't understand the reasoning behind this, but I don't think I am in the position to question their decisions and much less to release a version that directly defies them. Maybe @Cheesegeezercan comment on it?

I think the issue was that it broke the top picks plugin. But I see no reason why it should not be supported as it should just treat it like any other media file. but @Cheesegeezermaybe able to expand on this :D

• Like 1

david_chen73
On 1/10/2024 at 7:27 PM, Hoptional said:

Could you pls tell me how to modify to solve this STRM file problem. I'd like to build my own plugin version.

• Like 1

Hoptional
2 hours ago, david_chen73 said:

Could you pls tell me how to modify to solve this STRM file problem. I'd like to build my own plugin version.

You can try to change this line to:

Recursive = true

I didn't see any negative effects, but I did not test it extensively, so be sure to create a backup before you try it.

I am wondering if there is still interest by @Cheesegeezerto maintain this plugin? I think for many people (including myself) it offers important functionality and it would be great to have one official version for it, otherwise it will become a real mess to troubleshoot also for the emby team that has to deal with people reporting issues that may or may not be related to the plugin.

Edited by Hoptional
  • Like 1

ray-finkle

This functionality really does need to be either part of Emby or an official plugin. Makes no sense this is built in for TV but not for movies...

• Like 1

lorac

People have been saying this for years and probably will for years to come. 

• Like 1

jdazzle44
On 12/22/2023 at 10:41 AM, SShzin said:

Thanks, trying it out. What are you using to merge everything prior to using the script? Unless I'm missing something this looks like it's just doing newly added, not merging what the libraries already have available.

The script only merge newly added.

Alex3111
  • Emby 4.8.0.73 beta
  • Auto Movie Version Collections 1.0.0.8

Does not group any movies together, always shows:  Last ran x minutes/hours ago, taking 0 seconds.  And it hasn't combined a single movie.  I was forced to recreate all my libraries and was expecting that Auto Movie Version Collection latest version would work as it did a while ago when I first installed it.

embyserver.txt attached

embyserver (3).txt

Hoptional

It is working fine for me on 4.8.0.73. From your log I see that the plugin finds only 14 movies. Is that accurate? If not, are you sure that the content type of your library is set to movies?

Alex3111
11 hours ago, Hoptional said:

It is working fine for me on 4.8.0.73. From your log I see that the plugin finds only 14 movies. Is that accurate? If not, are you sure that the content type of your library is set to movies?

It's at least 45 movies, as most (if not all) of my 4k movies, I also have in 1080p; and very small amount of my YIFY movies (720p versions) I also have in 1080 and 4k; family/friends wanted them to play on phone or tablet, so got smaller versions.  So there are probably in the 60 range movies that should have multiple versions.  Every single one that I have checked, they have not "Version" together.
image.png.3e3deadbe9de586e4cbecf1d5c5049a2.png

image.png.b9010bd9f9fe248e60a8fbebdda51331.png

• Like 1

Nastream

Hello, Firstly, I would like to thank the creator of the plugin and those who maintain it. I am encountering a rather strange issue; when I add files to certain TV series or movies, the page is blank, and the memory usage increases rapidly.

Please see the screenshot for reference.

memok.PNG.3aab3974ec9e26043a1a1f55c03b04ed.PNG

If I click on episode 1, for example,

series1PNG.thumb.PNG.d43ba26989f9f8c8045b7d263b90b1c3.PNG

The screen stays blank, and the memory reaches 100% saturation in less than 15 seconds.

series2ko.thumb.PNG.a5dbf600b1bd5fd0a781c1d5030f0b3e.PNG

If anyone has any ideas, I would appreciate it. The phenomenon also occurs when the plugin is uninstalled.

embyserver-63841699362.txt

Hoptional

@Alex3111Are you sure that the content type of your library is set to movies?

48 minutes ago, Nastream said:

The phenomenon also occurs when the plugin is uninstalled.

The issue is not caused by the plugin, then. You should create a separate thread for it.

Nastream

Thank you for the response,

I have just tested with a new database, and the problem is with the strm files.

Can you compile a version with the "recursive true" modification, please, when you have a bit of time?

Thank you very much

Alex3111
22 hours ago, Hoptional said:

@Alex3111Are you sure that the content type of your library is set to movies? 

Yes, certain. 

It's Movies, and contains 3 folders.

david_chen73

The database will crack and cause [out of memorey] problem when use the DLL file with "Recursive = true" patch. So backup your programdata folder before you try it.

svyaznoy362

what is the latest version of AutoCollections, server version 4.8.0.77 beta

Edited by svyaznoy362

kaledi

Is there any reason why this pulg in wouldn't work on an Emby server installed on a virtual Dsm 6.2 on a Synology NAS, with the media stored on the parent NAS with mounted folders on the virtual NAS?  I've installed the latest beta of Emby server

SShzin

No, but it I've seen it happen even after the auto versioning runs. Seemingly there are times when it will not work under the right conditions (unsure exactly what conditions they may be). Most of the time it would work just fine, but other times it will not.

Anielarias
29 minutes ago, SShzin said:

No, but it I've seen it happen even after the auto versioning runs. Seemingly there are times when it will not work under the right conditions (unsure exactly what conditions they may be). Most of the time it would work just fine, but other times it will not.

i went back to the original one that i had working and it worked right away