Automatic version grouping for movies

MikePlanet

mostym

I'm having the same issue.  Runs consistently then stops at 0 seconds and runs later even though the scheduled task is set to run every 24 hours.

Anielarias
16 hours ago, Err0r0815 said:

that's ridiculous. the sentence has been written here in the topic since 2019 and the feature has not yet been added.

this is a stalling technique.
the fature will never be added.

i was going to say the same thing, but i have no more energy or patience for this guys lying in our faces.  

Edited by Anielarias
  • Like 1

mattmartinolc

I have uninstalled the plugin for now. I have started checking out JellyFin as an alternative. They have a plugin to do this that does not need to be manually installed so I think I will start checking out this as it's similar to emby but many people say it's faster and better - plus the FireTV and Nvidia Shield versions of the client don't tell you it's going to expire and limit play time.

I can find posts on here that ask for this as a standard emby feature as far back as 2015 so I doubt it will be done based on what I am reading here. This third party plugin isn't supported.

jf.png

• Like 1

Anielarias

workaround!: idk how or why but i managed to get it working by using "AutoCollections-for-4.6.0.22-betaServer.zip". best of the luck. this also doesn't change the fact that emby devs suck.

image.png.0c64297e7f598f73d90971746b3c08d7.png 

Edited by Anielarias

Haven't used it since strm support was removed, but after testing the latest version on beta 39, I see it missing quite a few movies that have proper IDs.

Probably needs an update for the latest versions.

Carlo

• Like 1

OnyxUK
On 7/20/2023 at 8:20 AM, Carlo said:

Haven't used it since strm support was removed, but after testing the latest version on beta 39, I see it missing quite a few movies that have proper IDs.

Probably needs an update for the latest versions.

Carlo

been waiting to see if strm support comes back to this as i also need this for only strm files :( 

quorn23
On 7/18/2023 at 1:56 AM, Luke said:

It’s certainly possible for future updates.

Could we get a roadmap, or at least clear commitment for this? Seeing people asking for this nearly a decade and getting unsettled being presented with a canned auto reply is not really cutting it here and leaves a lot of user dead in the waters. Thanks in advance.

Edited by quorn23
typo
  • Like 1

On 7/30/2023 at 9:45 AM, quorn23 said:

Could we get a roadmap, or at least clear commitment for this? Seeing people asking for this nearly a decade and getting unsettled being presented with a canned auto reply is not really cutting it here and leaves a lot of user dead in the waters. Thanks in advance.

I don't have an ETA but given the interest in this feature, I would expect built-in support to come.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
Anielarias
On 8/1/2023 at 11:18 AM, Luke said:

I don't have an ETA but given the interest in this feature, I would expect built-in support to come.

i hope there is a big announcement about this and a warning that way i can delete this third part addont before updating for whenever this feature get built in

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
mattmartinolc

Confirmed it will work with the Beta 4.0.2.2 version - There is no separate admin page item to click, rather you go to the plugins page, find the plugin, and get the settings page from the three dots menu and scan from there. The emby log would show 0 movies found with the current plugin but this old beta finds them all and the movies were grouped instantaneously.

beta.png

Anielarias
43 minutes ago, lorac said:

I have no problems with 1.0.0.4/.5 with the beta builds.

can u share a screenshot of it working? it never worked for me. not sure with emby latest beta thought

Anielarias
22 minutes ago, lorac said:

This was grouped yesterday.

Screenshot 2023-08-30 072255.png

well this version didn't work for me if i remember correctly 

lorac

I just checked and it grouped the new Indiana Jones movie which I only got in the last couple days.

Line  6351: 2023-08-31 13:02:36.294 Debug Auto Movie Version Collections: Found movie 335977 (Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny) with 2 separate versions - (re)grouping them.

Anielarias
31 minutes ago, lorac said:

I just checked and it grouped the new Indiana Jones movie which I only got in the last couple days.

Line  6351: 2023-08-31 13:02:36.294 Debug Auto Movie Version Collections: Found movie 335977 (Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny) with 2 separate versions - (re)grouping them.

temby devs might have changed something. i will try version 1.0.0.4/.5 eventually

Actually looking at the logs for the latest version sometimes it goes haywire and processes the same movies repeatedly.

It runs even if there's no task scheduled.

Anielarias
12 hours ago, lorac said:

Actually looking at the logs for the latest version sometimes it goes haywire and processes the same movies repeatedly.

It runs even if there's no task scheduled.

so are u saying 1.0.0.4/.5  is broken then?

• 3 weeks later...
Anielarias
32 minutes ago, Hoptional said:

I forked @Cheesegeezer's repository and added an option to group movies only within libraries. Would anyone be interested in this? I could create a pull request.

yes please, right now it groups from any library right?

1 hour ago, Hoptional said:

I forked @Cheesegeezer's repository and added an option to group movies only within libraries. Would anyone be interested in this? I could create a pull request.

Yes! 

7 hours ago, Hoptional said:

I see your fork but you didnt push in any changes.  I can build it myself if you just commit the code :)

Hoptional
4 hours ago, bakes82 said:

I see your fork but you didnt push in any changes.  I can build it myself if you just commit the code :)

Yes sorry, I wanted to test it a little more but had to catch some sleep yesterday. I will push it later today.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1