Automatic version grouping for movies

MikePlanet

mattmartinolc
On 7/12/2023 at 5:56 PM, Anielarias said:

i think am having the same issue

Tried 1.0.0.4 also but same result - I can click the manual scan button and it will give the message that says it's working but nothing happens.

Anielarias
3 hours ago, mattmartinolc said:

Tried 1.0.0.4 also but same result - I can click the manual scan button and it will give the message that says it's working but nothing happens.

i need a solution to this, i want to cry

36 minutes ago, Anielarias said:

i need a solution to this, i want to cry

Hi, what message? Please make sure to provide a server log for the developer to review.

Thanks.

Anielarias
31 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi, what message? Please make sure to provide a server log for the developer to review.

Thanks.

hasn't someone here that is already having this issue already provided logs?

mattmartinolc
9 hours ago, Luke said:

Thanks.

Hi so when I click to run it manually in the options page, on the scheduled tasks it says it ran but took 0 seconds. So then I tried to set it to run on emby startup and restarted the server. Also took 0 seconds. Attached is the server log. The only mentions of autocollections is the version check (1.0.0.5) and that the server loaded it. It doesn't seem to make any mention of attempts to merge Movies.

embyserver.txt

7 hours ago, mattmartinolc said:

Hi so when I click to run it manually in the options page, on the scheduled tasks it says it ran but took 0 seconds. So then I tried to set it to run on emby startup and restarted the server. Also took 0 seconds. Attached is the server log. The only mentions of autocollections is the version check (1.0.0.5) and that the server loaded it. It doesn't seem to make any mention of attempts to merge Movies.

embyserver.txt 31.54 kB · 1 download

What were you expecting to get grouped that didn't?

Anielarias
1 hour ago, Luke said:

all movies matching the same imdb id

Edited by Anielarias

mattmartinolc
2 hours ago, Luke said:

The plugin is supposed to merge movies with the same tvdb id so they don't look like the same movie is listed multiple times, but rather a dropdown menu that lets you choose which version to play. But it doesn't seem to do anything.

Edited by mattmartinolc
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, Anielarias said:

all movies matching the same imdb id

8 minutes ago, mattmartinolc said:

The plugin is supposed to merge movies with the same tvdb id so they don't look like the same movie is listed multiple times, but rather a dropdown menu that lets you choose which version to play. But it doesn't seem to do anything.

Example? Have you checked the external ids in the metadata editor to ensure they match for each title? When you checked it, what did you find?

Anielarias
34 minutes ago, Luke said:

Example? Have you checked the external ids in the metadata editor to ensure they match for each title? When you checked it, what did you find?

this used to work and it would do this automatically, there wasn't any human intervention needed at all. after a point it stop working for me.

1 hour ago, Anielarias said:

this used to work and it would do this automatically, there wasn't any human intervention needed at all. after a point it stop working for me.

It's always been the same and has always been based on the metadata of your movies. It never used the internet and instead used what was already in your server database.

Anielarias
2 hours ago, Luke said:

It's always been the same and has always been based on the metadata of your movies. It never used the internet and instead used what was already in your server database.

idk how to respond to your comment. all i know is worked at some point then it stop working.

Edited by Anielarias

4 minutes ago, Anielarias said:

idk how to respond to your comment. all i know is worked for a point then it stop working.

And my response is the plugin works just fine, but each version needs to have their external id's set correctly and consistently in the metadata editor. There could be any number of reasons why this might not be happening for you, such as changes to your server settings, library settings, as well as factors outside of Emby Server. That's why we ask for specific examples. That's why we ask for log files, and that's why we ask the questions that we ask in order to determine the reason.

• Like 1

mattmartinolc
18 hours ago, Luke said:

And my response is the plugin works just fine, but each version needs to have their external id's set correctly and consistently in the metadata editor. There could be any number of reasons why this might not be happening for you, such as changes to your server settings, library settings, as well as factors outside of Emby Server. That's why we ask for specific examples. That's why we ask for log files, and that's why we ask the questions that we ask in order to determine the reason.

Would not having write access to a lot of the folders the content is located in effect it? Basically it's a stock emby server install on Ubuntu. This is the only plugin installed that isn't on by default after install.

Just now, mattmartinolc said:

Would not having write access to a lot of the folders the content is located in effect it? Basically it's a stock emby server install on Ubuntu. This is the only plugin installed that isn't on by default after install.

I don't think that will matter, no.

mattmartinolc
13 minutes ago, Luke said:

I don't think that will matter, no.

I feel like I am at a loss then. The content is manually identified in some cases if Emby got it wrong or got the right movie wrong year or something but otherwise stock.

mattmartinolc

Question - (sorry new to emby a bit) - what do you mean by External IDs? When I look at some of the metadata on some of the titles that appear multiple times, the imdb, TheMoviedb, and tvdb IDs all match. Did I misunderstand what you meant?

Just now, mattmartinolc said:

Question - (sorry new to emby a bit) - what do you mean by External IDs? When I look at some of the metadata on some of the titles that appear multiple times, the imdb, TheMoviedb, and tvdb IDs all match. Did I misunderstand what you meant?

OK, maybe try refreshing the metadata for all of them and then running the function in the plugin to do the merging again.

I am not the developer of this plugin, however I can help with troubleshooting by giving you things to check on such as that.

I would also check Emby library setup and ensure the library is setup with the Movies content type, and does the plugin require each version to be part of the same library? I don't know, the developer of the plugin will have to answer that but that could be one reason.

The more you help the plugin developer by providing the requested information (examples, log files, etc). the more likely it is that you'll be able to get to the bottom of it. Thanks.

mattmartinolc
4 hours ago, Luke said:

OK, maybe try refreshing the metadata for all of them and then running the function in the plugin to do the merging again.

I am not the developer of this plugin, however I can help with troubleshooting by giving you things to check on such as that.

I would also check Emby library setup and ensure the library is setup with the Movies content type, and does the plugin require each version to be part of the same library? I don't know, the developer of the plugin will have to answer that but that could be one reason.

The more you help the plugin developer by providing the requested information (examples, log files, etc). the more likely it is that you'll be able to get to the bottom of it. Thanks.

Did as you suggested and refreshed metadata and rescanned metadata folder. Still no dice. Then I restarted emby server. Still nothing. I am stumped.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, mattmartinolc said:

Did as you suggested and refreshed metadata and rescanned metadata folder. Still no dice. Then I restarted emby server. Still nothing. I am stumped.

Where is the specific example?

mattmartinolc
3 hours ago, Luke said:

Where is the specific example?

Here is one - just snipped an example of the first movie that is duplicated on the movies section, then snipped their external IDs

snipemby.png

• Like 1

On 7/16/2023 at 6:08 PM, mattmartinolc said:

Here is one - just snipped an example of the first movie that is duplicated on the movies section, then snipped their external IDs

snipemby.png

Ok thanks. Looks good to me. Hopefully the developer will have some ideas.

Anielarias
1 hour ago, Luke said:

Ok thanks. Looks good to me. Hopefully the developer will have some ideas.

why isn’t this implemented into emby? sounds like a nice feature to have. i personally use only that now is broken

16 minutes ago, Anielarias said:

why isn’t this implemented into emby? sounds like a nice feature to have. i personally use only that now is broken

It’s certainly possible for future updates.

Err0r0815
9 hours ago, Luke said:

It’s certainly possible for future updates.

that's ridiculous. the sentence has been written here in the topic since 2019 and the feature has not yet been added.

this is a stalling technique.
the fature will never be added.

• Thanks 1