Automatic version grouping for movies

MikePlanet

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/8/2023 at 12:43 PM, kylebown said:

Can we get this added to the catalog? 

HI, yes if the developer wants to do that, then it's probably a good idea. Thanks.

Hoptional
7 hours ago, Anielarias said:

when is this going to be available? 

That depends on whether or not @Cheesegeezerwants to merge the pull request (and make the plugin available in the catalog), which is not my call. But you can compile it yourself. If you don't know how I can send you a compiled version but you would have to trust me not to include anything malicious.

• Haha 1

Anielarias
4 hours ago, Hoptional said:

That depends on whether or not @Cheesegeezerwants to merge the pull request (and make the plugin available in the catalog), which is not my call. But you can compile it yourself. If you don't know how I can send you a compiled version but you would have to trust me not to include anything malicious.

haha lol. yes please send it to me via private message, thank you.

jeremyrent
6 hours ago, Hoptional said:

Hi there,

I would greatly appreciate if you could send it to me as well.

Regards,

Jeremy 

Anielarias
On 10/11/2023 at 3:53 PM, jeremyrent said:

Hi there,

I would greatly appreciate if you could send it to me as well.

Regards,

Jeremy 

did he ever sent it to you?

jeremyrent
8 hours ago, Hoptional said:

Sorry, I had a busy week. I will just attach it here. It has been working perfectly for me for a couple of weeks now, but use it at your own risk.

AutoCollections_1.0.0.7-libraryoption.zip 161.49 kB · 4 downloads

You are a champ. It's really appreciated.

Tested and It works!

Within my collection that movies aren still duplicated. It would be great to have it grouped there as well, but even what you just shared is superb!

Thank you and have a nice weekend!

Hoptional
8 hours ago, jeremyrent said:

You are a champ. It's really appreciated.

Tested and It works!

Within my collection that movies aren still duplicated. It would be great to have it grouped there as well, but even what you just shared is superb!

Thank you and have a nice weekend!

Thanks for the feedback! I don't use collections, so I didn't think about that. I will look into it if I find some time, but I can't make any promises.

• Thanks 1

jeremyrent
5 hours ago, Hoptional said:

Thanks for the feedback! I don't use collections, so I didn't think about that. I will look into it if I find some time, but I can't make any promises.

Take your time! It's only on Collections where the movies aren't duplicated (see screenshot).

On the regular Movies library it's all perfect thanks to your build!

jeremyrent
8 hours ago, jeremyrent said:

Take your time! It's only on Collections where the movies aren't duplicated (see screenshot).

On the regular Movies library it's all perfect thanks to your build!

Apologies. I meant that only in Collections the movies are duplicated. On the regular Movies Library it's all good as it should :)

bakes82

Just remake your collections.

@HoptionalNot sure if you tested this, but does your solution work when you have multi directories per library?  I did a quick look at your code and I think you are using GetTopParent, but this ID only gives the top folder for the file, it's not the library ID, so if you have like 3 4k folders /mnt1/4k, /mnt2/4k, etc, the GetTopParent only returns /mnt2/4k not the library Movies 4k. So this would only group items on a per top folder level, not a per library level.  Again, I didn't test it.

Hoptional
4 hours ago, bakes82 said:

@HoptionalNot sure if you tested this, but does your solution work when you have multi directories per library?  I did a quick look at your code and I think you are using GetTopParent, but this ID only gives the top folder for the file, it's not the library ID, so if you have like 3 4k folders /mnt1/4k, /mnt2/4k, etc, the GetTopParent only returns /mnt2/4k not the library Movies 4k. So this would only group items on a per top folder level, not a per library level.  Again, I didn't test it.

Yes, it does work with libraries with multiple folders. GetTopParent is only used to make sure it is not null but that was already part of the original version. I didn't know if I could query a unique library id given an item, so I instead use the internalId of the libraries returned by _libraryManager.GetItemList(libraries).

On 9/3/2023 at 2:11 AM, lorac said:

Actually looking at the logs for the latest version sometimes it goes haywire and processes the same movies repeatedly.

It runs even if there's no task scheduled.

Yes, I installed again to try it on a test system and it's duplicating movies on my system. Same file (path on disk). Metadata looks the same...
Doesn't happen to every movies but feels like about 1 in 25 to 1 in 50 gets duplicated.  Haven't looked into much but just wanted to note what I've seen.

Any consideration to adding STRM back?  STRM should not make any difference to this working and up until the this beta cycle (I think) it always supported STRM files just like files on disk and worked well.

Carlo

• Like 1

Anielarias
1 hour ago, Carlo said:

Yes, I installed again to try it on a test system and it's duplicating movies on my system. Same file (path on disk). Metadata looks the same...
Doesn't happen to every movies but feels like about 1 in 25 to 1 in 50 gets duplicated.  Haven't looked into much but just wanted to note what I've seen.

Any consideration to adding STRM back?  STRM should not make any difference to this working and up until the this beta cycle (I think) it always supported STRM files just like files on disk and worked well.

Carlo

so using this custom version of this plug in is a no go for the time being?

Hoptional
13 hours ago, Anielarias said:

so using this custom version of this plug in is a no go for the time being?

Not sure which version you are referring to, but I am pretty sure Carlo is talking about one of the original versions.

Anielarias
8 hours ago, Hoptional said:

Not sure which version you are referring to, but I am pretty sure Carlo is talking about one of the original versions.

ohh then never mind then and i was referring to your version

fuzzynet
9 minutes ago, bakes82 said:

no one is maintaining it, why would it be added?  also luke could add it if he wanted the dll is posted.

I didn’t realize that my bad.