Automatic version grouping for movies

MikePlanet

Hoptional

I made an updated version that should fix the issue. This should also be compatible with nested folder structures, the "Top Picks", and the "New Releases" plugin. I also improved the logging a bit.

However, I did only very limited testing, so use it at your own risk and please create a backup before you try it. Do not use it if you are unwilling to restore your backup in case something goes wrong.

AutoCollections_1.0.0.9-libraryoption.dll

Edited by Hoptional
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 4

Alex3111

@Happy2PlayAre you running into any issues with Emby 4.8.3.0 + Auto Ver Group v4.6.0.22-beta and Movie Collections that you may have manually created; not the Auto-Collection ones.

For example, I had three 'Movie Collections' that I created on my own, called:  MCU: The Infinity SagaMCU: The Multiverse SagaStar Wars Collection and the they all included all movies and TV shows associated with them.  Both of the MCU Sagas were image.png.21858a0cf0ad65989b5c3b8fb85b7cc5.png and all movies disappeared out of those 2 collections, YET the Star Wars Collection was image.png.cc23e516121ce277467eb42afaefa30d.png and no changes occurred to that one collection.

Happy2Play
5 hours ago, Hoptional said:

I made an updated version that should fix the issue. This should also be compatible with nested folder structures, the "Top Picks", and the "New Releases" plugin. I also improved the logging a bit.

However, I did only very limited testing, so use it at your own risk and please create a backup before you try it. Do not use it if you are unwilling to restore your backup in case something goes wrong.

AutoCollections_1.0.0.9-libraryoption.dll 181.5 kB · 0 downloads

Only limited testing but looks like we have a winner.

2024-03-09 09:15:36.407 Info Auto Movie Version Collections: Identifying ungrouped movies with a common imdb id...
2024-03-09 09:15:36.411 Info Auto Movie Version Collections: Found 4 ungrouped movies with a common tmdb id and 0 with a common imdb id. Merging ungrouped versions...
2024-03-09 09:15:36.411 Info Auto Movie Version Collections: Found 4 movies that require regrouping.
2024-03-09 09:15:36.412 Debug Auto Movie Version Collections: Updating movie 11 (Star Wars) with 6 separate versions.

• Thanks 1

Happy2Play
36 minutes ago, Alex3111 said:

@Happy2PlayAre you running into any issues with Emby 4.8.3.0 + Auto Ver Group v4.6.0.22-beta and Movie Collections that you may have manually created; not the Auto-Collection ones.

For example, I had three 'Movie Collections' that I created on my own, called:  MCU: The Infinity SagaMCU: The Multiverse SagaStar Wars Collection and the they all included all movies and TV shows associated with them.  Both of the MCU Sagas were image.png.21858a0cf0ad65989b5c3b8fb85b7cc5.png and all movies disappeared out of those 2 collections, YET the Star Wars Collection was image.png.cc23e516121ce277467eb42afaefa30d.png and no changes occurred to that one collection.

Haven't really don't any testing with Locked, but would test @Hoptionalnewest version 1.0.0.9.

jaketame
On 09/03/2024 at 11:55, Hoptional said:

AutoCollections_1.0.0.9-libraryoption.dll 181.5 kB · 14 downloads

Tested and working nicely for me! Thanks

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
svyaznoy362

Hi all.  I used plugin 1.0.0.0 to group movies, but I need to remove the grouping; deleting the plugin did not solve the issue.  I decided to install version 1.0.0.9, for me the data version removed a bunch of only those where there is information from tmdb, but basically all my films use metadata loaders: kinopoisk and themoviedb, please do it for themoviedb.  There may be another reason, but I need to separate the films back.

Screenshot_2024-03-22-07-32-17-411_org.telegram.plus.jpg

Screenshot_2024-03-22-07-34-47-325_org.telegram.plus.jpg

Edited by svyaznoy362

lorac

If you removed the plug in & refresh the Metadata or move the movies to a different folder that might do the trick. 

svyaznoy362
14 minutes ago, lorac said:

If you removed the plug in & refresh the Metadata or move the movies to a different folder that might do the trick. 

I ran a scan, metadata updates, the result was the same

lorac

It should be noted that the very first post does indicate there's no way to revert unless you've backed up your database. 

• Agree 1

kaledi

Does this plug in work with libraries that are directed to network folders?

So I have Emby server on Windows 11 and the media directories are on a NAS and these are pointed to via network addresses.

I can't seem to get the plug in to group movies in this scenario.

I have a separate Emby Server installation on the NAS with the media files, and this works fine.

Alex3111
13 minutes ago, kaledi said:

Does this plug in work with libraries that are directed to network folders?

So I have Emby server on Windows 11 and the media directories are on a NAS and these are pointed to via network addresses.

I can't seem to get the plug in to group movies in this scenario.

I have a separate Emby Server installation on the NAS with the media files, and this works fine.

I am running Emby 4.8.3.0 stable on a Docker with Auto Version Grouping 1.0.0.9 and it started working again; hadn't worked since 1.0.0.6 and forgot which Emby I had then, I know it was the Beta, but I think it was like 4.6.x.

Edited by Alex3111

kaledi

that worked, thank you.  I find it confusing which version I should be using of this plug in.

Alex3111
1 hour ago, kaledi said:

that worked, thank you.  I find it confusing which version I should be using of this plug in.

yes, I was having a similar problem.  Glad it worked!

kaledi

I have 2 separate libraries and they don't point to the same media folders, but there is some overlap in content.

With this plugin the overlapped content is grouped across the two libraries i.e. version in library 1 shows in library 2 and vice versa.  Is there any way to avoid this?

Happy2Play
55 minutes ago, kaledi said:

I have 2 separate libraries and they don't point to the same media folders, but there is some overlap in content.

With this plugin the overlapped content is grouped across the two libraries i.e. version in library 1 shows in library 2 and vice versa.  Is there any way to avoid this?

No the item will still be present in both libraries but will show both versions do to grouping.

Hoptional
1 hour ago, kaledi said:

If you are using 1.0.0.9, there is a "merge across libraries toggle" in the plugin settings. Deactivate it and versions should no longer show up outside their own library.

• Like 1

Happy2Play

Guess that comes down to do you want grouping of item in different library ie the whole point of the plugin, but I guess it would work for anyone that does not want to use proper naming scheme.

As Locking a item will prevent if from being grouped also.  Assuming you have the option enabled.

Edited by Happy2Play

Hoptional
15 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

ie the whole point of the plugin, but I guess it would work for anyone that does not want to use proper naming scheme.

I'd say there are valid usecases for keeping movies in different libraries separated. For example, I like to keep versions with different audio languages separated, as emby does not reliably auto-select the version with my desired language. At the same time 1080p and 4k versions with the same language should be grouped together, because emby usually selects the best version that is compatible with my device without me having to manually pick the version.

jaketame

Is there a way we can trigger this but via api / script once movie is imported for example?

Edrock200

I could be wrong but mine seems to automatically trigger when an API targeted scan is initiated. @jaketame

Edited by Edrock200

Edrock200
On 3/29/2024 at 5:48 PM, Happy2Play said:

Guess that comes down to do you want grouping of item in different library ie the whole point of the plugin, but I guess it would work for anyone that does not want to use proper naming scheme.

As Locking a item will prevent if from being grouped also.  Assuming you have the option enabled.

Here's one big reason, at least that I've seen. If you search for a movie and select one, and it has a 4k version and a 1080p version, and you chose the 1080p version, there seems to be a bug in that it will chose the version closest matching your bandwidth settings vs the version you chose. E.g. you chose 1080p but it will play 4k if your bandwidth settings exceed the bitrate of the 4k version. This only seems to happen with search. If you go to the library and manually select the movie, it works as intended. 

Although it stands to reason that 4k may be desirable, there are cases where you don't want this to happen. E.g. you are on mobile/tablet and want to direct play hd but don't want to waste the bw on 4k. You are on a PC/browser which can't directplay 4k. Or you have a Samsung TV that doesn't support DV and the 4k version is DV. Etc. 

Edited by Edrock200

Koenigin

Hallo zusammen, ich würde auch gerne dieses tolle Plugin Nutzen. Ich betreibe Emby auf einen Unraid Server. Wohin muss diese *.dll kopiert werden und welche Rechte benötigt diese?

vielen dank

Happy2Play
1 minute ago, Koenigin said:

Hello everyone, I would also like to use this great plugin. I'm running Emby on an Unraid server. Where does this *.dll have to be copied and what rights does it need?

Thank you very much

Go to your server dashboard to see your programdata path

image.png

The dll will go in programdata/plugins

As for permissions it would be the same as all the other dlls in that folder.

• Thanks 1