Automatic version grouping for movies

MikePlanet

Anielarias
19 minutes ago, bakes82 said:

Exactly no one knows what’s version works lol. Honestly should just remove them.  Saying they worked previously don’t mean they work in 4.8.

I can confirm that the latest beta version works with the version that I said was working so…

• Disagree 1

plawl94
7 hours ago, Anielarias said:

I can confirm that the latest beta version works with the version that I said was working so…

Hi Anielarias

Which version is that? I can't find where you've mentioned it but I'd be really keen to get a hold of the same version if you could attach the dll here 

Thanks! 

• Like 1

plawl94
35 minutes ago, Hoptional said:

@plawl94I might have some time to look into this today. Can you enable debug logging and run the grouping task again?

HI Hoptional, 

Thank you very much. I've done 3 separate tests with options enabled/disabled as follows:

embyserver.txt:

• DoNotChangeLockedMovies = 'True', MergeAcrossLibraries = 'True' 
  • Found 3608 of 20695 movies that have multiple versions ...
  • Found 182 tmdb and 0 imdb version movie lists, merging them to process ...

embyserver(1).txt:

• DoNotChangeLockedMovies = 'False', MergeAcrossLibraries = 'True'
  • Found 3608 of 20695 movies that have multiple versions ...
  • Found 182 tmdb and 0 imdb version movie lists, merging them to process ...

embyserver(2).txt:

• DoNotChangeLockedMovies = 'False', MergeAcrossLibraries = 'False'
  • Found 3217 of 20695 movies that have multiple versions ...
  • Found 1096 tmdb and 0 imdb version movie lists, merging them to process ...

Hope this helps, let me know if there's anything else I can provide!

embyserver (1).txt embyserver.txt embyserver (2).txt

SShzin
7 hours ago, plawl94 said:

Hi Anielarias

Which version is that? I can't find where you've mentioned it but I'd be really keen to get a hold of the same version if you could attach the dll here 

Thanks! 

@Anielarias hasn't mentioned any version at all, said that he is too busy to find what version it is but keeps coming back here to say this mysterious version works.

Edited by SShzin

Hoptional

I can confirm that at least for my setup this version works on emby 4.8.1.0:

If it doesn't work, I suggest you post a debug log with a detailed explanation of your library folder setup. You should not use the same folder in multiple libraries and the movies folder should not sit in any subdirectory of the folder you added to the library. So if the movie file is in

/mnt/media/movies/A/Avatar (2013)

, you will have to add

/mnt/media/movies/A

to the library and not

/mnt/media/movies

Edited by Hoptional
  • Thanks 1

Anielarias
On 7/19/2023 at 8:05 PM, Anielarias said:

workaround!: idk how or why but i managed to get it working by using "AutoCollections-for-4.6.0.22-betaServer.zip". best of the luck. this also doesn't change the fact that emby devs suck.

image.png.0c64297e7f598f73d90971746b3c08d7.png 

here is the version that works for me in case anybody is interested

• Thanks 1

plawl94
42 minutes ago, Anielarias said:

Thanks, Anielarias.

Never doubted you, but better to ignore them than give them than give them fuel ;)

grimevil
15 hours ago, Anielarias said:

I have this version installed as well on the latest beta and it works, I am not using top picks plugin so no issue currently 

plawl94

Just to confirm, the latest version now works for me (1.0.0.8).

The error was all mine in that my folder structure looks like this: 

image.png.5fceabecb754f394122c2ddd7b11cf14.png

My library was pointed at X:\Media\Movies-4K when it should have been pointed at X:\Media\Movies-4K\Movies

Thank you very much @Hoptionalfor taking the time out to diagnose this for me! 

• Like 1

Edrock200

The naming convention is a bit confusing. What's newer,  v4.6.0.22 or V1.0.0.8? I know common sense would dictate 4.x is newer than 1.x, but the first post in this thread makes it seem like the version numbering changed from 4.x to 1.x at some point, but I could be wrong. Also, where is 1.0.0.8 being sourced from? I don't see it on the first page. Thanks in advance.

Hoptional

The latest version is the one I linked to 7 posts above yours: https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/63643-automatic-version-grouping-for-movies/&do=findComment&comment=1312281

The versioning of this plugin is a complete mess, which is why I was hesitant to upload yet another version in the first place, but what can you do. Ideally this functionality would be implemented into emby server itserlf, but it doesn't seem like this is ever going to happen. What would be needed to get this into the official plugin catalog, aside from someone actively maintaining it?

Edrock200
13 minutes ago, Hoptional said:

The latest version is the one I linked to 7 posts above yours: https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/63643-automatic-version-grouping-for-movies/&do=findComment&comment=1312281

The versioning of this plugin is a complete mess, which is why I was hesitant to upload yet another version in the first place, but what can you do. Ideally this functionality would be implemented into emby server itserlf, but it doesn't seem like this is ever going to happen. What would be needed to get this into the official plugin catalog, aside from someone actively maintaining it?

Appreciate the clarification! Tried 1.0.0.8 and 4.6.0.22 beta, the latter appears to be working on 4.8.1.

Hoptional

They should both work. The difference is that in 1.0.0.8 you can configure whether or not only movies within the same library will be grouped.

lorac

The plug in has only ever had 1.0.0.X number. 4.X refer to emby builds which can be confusing given how many revisions have been needed to keep up with the emby changes. 

For this to be part of the emby build a dev would need to step up and take ownership which sadly doesn't appear as if anyone wants that responsibility. 

For now 1.0.0.8 works with emby build 4.8.1 and most likely 4.9.X beta builds for now...

@Lukecould we at least have the 1st post edited to reflect this to reduce confusion?

grimevil
1 hour ago, lorac said:

The plug in has only ever had 1.0.0.X number. 4.X refer to emby builds which can be confusing given how many revisions have been needed to keep up with the emby changes. 

For this to be part of the emby build a dev would need to step up and take ownership which sadly doesn't appear as if anyone wants that responsibility. 

For now 1.0.0.8 works with emby build 4.8.1 and most likely 4.9.X beta builds for now...

@Lukecould we at least have the 1st post edited to reflect this to reduce confusion?

But does that version work with strm files or do I still need the old version I am currently using?

Anielarias
2 hours ago, Hoptional said:

They should both work. The difference is that in 1.0.0.8 you can configure whether or not only movies within the same library will be grouped.

your version isn’t working for me but i do agree witb u that this should be part of emby from long time ago, it just make sense.

Happy2Play

There are going to be conflicting issue depending on what plugins you have installed as the newer plugin resolves issues with strm files and other plugins.

Have not tested but original plugin should work if you use strms, but be warned it does conflict with say Top Picks and New Releases plugins that create a strm loop memory leak.

So sounds like one has to choose 1.0.0.0 (4.6.0.22-betaServer.zip) or 1.0.0.8 per your needs.

But everyone's needs appear to be different so a dev many need to apply multiple options.  But that means a community member will have to take up the task as I don't see this being native to Emby anytime soon.

Happy2Play

Did not do any retestings with Top Picks or New Releases plugins.

In my tests v1.0.0.0 (4.6.0.22-betaServer.zip) appears to still work merging everything everywhere.

1.0.0.1 thru 5 will avoid strm

@Hoptional1.0.0.8 doesn't appear to catch everything across libraries. 

Caught strm in different libraries and merged but skipped already merge versions by naming scheme.  Did not merge strm and disc (stub files).

So from an only Grouping plugin standpoint you will want 1.0.0.0 (4.6.0.22-betaServer.zip).  But you cannot rely on log information.

Only did some quick and basic testing.

v1.0.0.0

image.thumb.png.ec858f4f789bbf8149ea8437a9c97c92.png

v1.0.0.8

image.thumb.png.23202c6345e4c73f9b7c056b139f2a6d.png

Edited by Happy2Play
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

Hoptional

Thanks for testing! Just to clarify, do you only have problems across different libraries (with the option to merge across libraries enabled) and it works fine within libraries? With the merge across libraries option enabled my version should actually do the same thing as the 4.6.0.22-betaServer build, that's why I am a bit confused.

Indeed .strm files were throwing it off last time I tested, too. I proposed a fix for this but some people were getting memory issues with it. Not sure if that was fixed with one of the recent server builds.

Happy2Play
5 hours ago, Hoptional said:

Indeed .strm files were throwing it off last time I tested, too. I proposed a fix for this but some people were getting memory issues with it. Not sure if that was fixed with one of the recent server builds.

This is where you have to look at all plugins installed as it was coming from the combination other plugins that make strm libraries.  But doesn't make sense as Both Star Wars grouping are all strm files (3 in each)

6 hours ago, Hoptional said:

Just to clarify, do you only have problems across different libraries (with the option to merge across libraries enabled) and it works fine within libraries? With the merge across libraries option enabled my version should actually do the same thing as the 4.6.0.22-betaServer build, that's why I am a bit confused.

Will have to find another examples as it worked partially for different library Star Wars (1977) but left out the auto grouped by naming scheme same folder version.  But will not group the strm and disc examples.

May have to test with only new items also to ensure it is not something in the database.  Because changing file extentions is not merging the one that aren't merging either.  But know original v1 just merges everything.