i went back to the original one that i had working and it worked right away

Which version was that?

Also, which version of Emby are you on?

Edited by SShzin

Anielarias
54 minutes ago, SShzin said:

Which version was that?

Also, which version of Emby are you on?

latest beta and the version number idk out of the top of my head but is here in this post somewhere.

• Facepalm 1

SShzin
42 minutes ago, Hoptional said:

Are these movies in separate libraries?

Mine are not in separate libraries.

Anielarias
1 hour ago, Hoptional said:

Are these movies in separate libraries?

no

plawl94

Apologies for the long comment but wanted to make sure I'm thorough. I appear to be having issues since the 4.8.1.0 update.

I'm currently running version 1.0.0.8 of the auto version grouping plugin (found on page 24 of this thread IIRC) and have tried older versions with no success. No other library in my server shares the same folders as the main 'Movies' library, but one thing that may be a factor in this is that I recently merged most of the movie libraries into one (and then deleted the old libraries) for simplicity and tidiness as they were previously spread across 3 separate ones (1080p, 4k and Remux content)

The plugin runs and does detect that there are movies with multiple versions but doesn't appear to be finding the correct amount of movies to be grouped:

image.png.f534378f4e295099f79513a2402f0998.png

How is it picking up that there are 3606 movies with multiple versions but then only selecting 222?

It does group some movies from the library (Marvel Avengers being one example):

image.png.bfae26ffd74e42dcd18ac6437679a1a5.png

But will completely miss >90% of other items, and even un-merge any that I've manually set:

image.thumb.png.490ac626e67450320cd15b39406d7aa8.png

If anyone's able to shed some light on this I'd be eternally grateful. Prior to 4.8.1.0 this worked flawlessly

Pictures of folder structure in the library:

image.png.ddf23685848d7c577944894ad1346867.png

Also attached logs for anyone interested in going over them

embyserver(1).txt

image.png

Edited by plawl94

bakes82

Why would people think that this plugin works. Hasn’t the dev basically stopped support long ago?  TV support in base emby is already there so they just need to like use that same code for movies.  No reason this type basic feature should be missing.

• Agree 1

Anielarias
7 minutes ago, bakes82 said:

Why would people think that this plugin works. Hasn’t the dev basically stopped support long ago?  TV support in base emby is already there so they just need to like use that same code for movies.  No reason this type basic feature should be missing.

well tell to emby devs and btw it does work. i have a version that does works for me so…

bakes82
2 minutes ago, Anielarias said:

well tell to emby devs and btw it does work. i have a version that does works for me so…

Funny. You didn’t post what version of emby you’re on or the version of the plug-in ;)

• Like 1

Anielarias
24 minutes ago, bakes82 said:

Funny. You didn’t post what version of emby you’re on or the version of the plug-in ;)

i did. i said i was using the latest beta as the time of that writing and the plugin version that am using right now is in this post somewhere but am to busy to look for it now.

• Facepalm 1

plawl94
43 minutes ago, bakes82 said:

Just for reference here, there has been development on this, not by the original dev but there has been others that have contributed to keep it alive and working

As mentioned by the other user above, this works for him and was working for me before I upgraded to 4.8.1.0

• Agree 1

Happy2Play

This is not a Emby developed plugin, it has become a community plugin that the original dev has I would say abandoned.

Everyone should be using v1.0.0.5 now in first post.  But have not tested this in awhile.

Sorry looks like there is a newer version within the topic.

Edited by Happy2Play
  • Thanks 1

plawl94
21 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

This is not a Emby developed plugin, it has become a community plugin that the original dev has I would say abandoned.

Everyone should be using v1.0.0.5 now in first post.  But have not tested this in awhile.

Thank you very much, I'll give this a go later and see how I get on!

Happy2Play

Updated previous to link to what appears to be the newest.  So I can not say for sure what version currently works as I have been away for a while so you may have to test .5 through .8 found through out the topic.

• Thanks 1

lorac

.8 seems to be mostly working from what I can tell.

This plugin really should be part of the core as has been requested a couple dozen times probably. 

• Agree 1

plawl94

@Luke

I think I tagged you in another post about this a while ago, do you know what the ETA/timeline is for this to be implemented? 

• Agree 1

Hoptional
11 hours ago, plawl94 said:

How is it picking up that there are 3606 movies with multiple versions but then only selecting 222?

This would usually mean that the other movies are already correctly grouped. You mentioned that it works for some movies. Is that the majority or only a small fraction?
Do you have .strm files? Or did you lock the metadata for some movies? Do the movies that are not grouped correctly have the same imdb or tmdb id?

Edited by Hoptional

plawl94
41 minutes ago, Hoptional said:

This would usually mean that the other movies are already correctly grouped. You mentioned that it works for some movies. Is that the majority or only a small fraction?
Do you have .strm files? Or did you lock the metadata for some movies? Do the movies that are not grouped correctly have the same imdb or tmdb id?

Hey Hoptional,

It seems that it's only working (if at all) for a very small fraction of the content I have in the library. I went through recently and manually merged a large chunk of movies from the start of the library all the way to movies starting with the letter 'D' a few days ago thinking I could solve the issue myself only to have it all undone again when the task was triggered for version grouping

I've checked a few different movies that I know have multiple versions and confirmed that they're matched up correctly with the same TMDB ID, I've never so far needed to lock metadata or used .strm files so they're already ruled out as potential issues

One random example I have that I've experienced recently is 'The Beekeeper' which I know I've only got in 1080p and 4k, but every time I manually merge this it's split apart again any time the auto version grouping add-on is triggered. If I run the task manually with the files separated nothing happens, they remain as two separate entries in the library so I'm at a loss as to what's happening

I did check if there were already versions merged together in these instances (star wars and star trek for example as shown in my first comment) but there aren't any other versions merged into any of the entries 

Edited by plawl94
  • Agree 1

plawl94
2 minutes ago, plawl94 said:

Hey Hoptional,

I've checked a few different movies that I know have multiple versions and confirmed that they're matched up correctly with the same TMDB ID, I've never so far needed to lock metadata or used .strm files so they're already ruled out as potential issues

One random example I have that I've experienced recently is 'The Beekeeper' which I know I've only got in 1080p and 4k, but every time I manually merge this it's split apart again any time the auto version grouping add-on is triggered. If I run the task manually with the files separated nothing happens, they remain as two separate entries in the library so I'm at a loss as to what's happening

I did check if there were already versions merged together in these instances (star wars and star trek for example as shown in my first comment) but there aren't any other versions merged into any of the entries 

Just to add to this as well, it doesn't matter how many times I run this or when the task is run, it always picks up the same amount of movies with multiple versions and always only selects 222 to merge. I ran it multiple times throughout today and my library appears no different than how it started 

• Agree 1

Hoptional

I haven't been able to reproduce this. On my server everything seems to be grouped correctly, including "The Beekeeper".

If you manually split apart one of the items that is grouped correctly and then run the grouping task from the plugin settings page, does it get grouped again? If not, does it still say 222?

• Thanks 1

plawl94
9 hours ago, Hoptional said:

I haven't been able to reproduce this. On my server everything seems to be grouped correctly, including "The Beekeeper".

If you manually split apart one of the items that is grouped correctly and then run the grouping task from the plugin settings page, does it get grouped again? If not, does it still say 222?

It seems as though this just adds to the confusion, it now selects less movies to merge after I've split out Avengers: Endgame:

image.png.4d6f6a40c63b623bc3f4bad8939580d5.png

image.png.4daa852208b41070f2edbb75dc08926f.png

And doesn't fully merge all versions back together again:

image.png.024942f2b827840e4b06e90ced570fb2.png

Do you think the process is crashing somewhere?

embyserver(2).txt

plawl94
14 hours ago, Happy2Play said:

Updated previous to link to what appears to be the newest.  So I can not say for sure what version currently works as I have been away for a while so you may have to test .5 through .8 found through out the topic.

11 hours ago, Hoptional said:

After reverting to v1.0.0.5 it looks as though movies are finally being merged successfully, will wait for the task to complete and feed back

plawl94

Seemed as though 1.0.0.5 was working initially, but after looking at the logs there were entries 1-2 times a second to state that a library event had triggered the auto version grouping, not sure what event that is because I don't have real time monitoring enabled on any libraries and there weren't any other tasks running that I could see. 

After 5-10 mins of letting the process run the dashboard and scheduled tasks pages looked 'glitched' with auto version grouping starting/stopping a couple of times a seconds

Re-reverted back to 1.0.0.8 for the time being until I'm able to do further testing

• Agree 1

bakes82

Exactly no one knows what’s version works lol. Honestly should just remove them.  Saying they worked previously don’t mean they work in 4.8.

• Like 1