Automatic version grouping for movies

MikePlanet

jeremyrent

@Hoptional on my initial feedback comment about your build didn't click the option to merge only items of the same library! It wasn't visible on the phone app but it's visible on the website!

I activated that option now and your build seems perfect for me.

My setup is a bit complicated so I'll post how it is, what does and doesn't as it might help with the same type of setup.

Again, million of thanks for doing that.

• Like 1

fuzzyemby
13 minutes ago, fuzzyemby said:

I installed version 1.0.0.5 onto two emby boxes running version 4.7.14.0 but it's not combining movies. I have attached logs, can anyone take a look and see what is happening please?

embyserver(1).txt 70.03 MB · 0 downloads embyserver.txt 598.88 kB · 2 downloads

Downgrading to AutoCollections-for-4.6.0.22-betaServer.zip fixed it.

jdazzle44

I'm glad to see this plugin has been updated and working now. I personally moved on and created a simple python script that uses webhook from emby and API calls to merge movies. Let me know if anyone is interested.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

jeremyrent
7 hours ago, jdazzle44 said:

I'm glad to see this plugin has been updated and working now. I personally moved on and created a simple python script that uses webhook from emby and API calls to merge movies. Let me know if anyone is interested.

I'm interested too! Thank you!

• 1 month later...

hello Im trying to do this with Putty with my QNAP NAS, i am able login to my server fine with putty, but have no idea what to do after that Ive Tried what others posted with no success any suggestions? @MikePlanet

Can anyone help me with adding Autocollections to a QNAP NAS Running Emby? I have tried Putty but once I am logged into the server I cant figure out where to go from there

• Facepalm 1

RiemannCat
On 10/27/2023 at 6:05 AM, jdazzle44 said:

just fork your work, thanks.

dsmitty166
On 10/26/2023 at 5:05 PM, jdazzle44 said:

Any chance this could work with TV?

GrimReaper
1 minute ago, dsmitty166 said:

Any chance this could work with TV?

TV episodes should automatically merge by default - can you give an example where they are not? 

dsmitty166
10 minutes ago, GrimReaper said:

TV episodes should automatically merge by default - can you give an example where they are not? 

I found why. If you have the folder path in multiple libraries, they won’t merge. 

ie

TV: /mnt/tv, /mnt/tv-4k

TV-4K: /mnt/tv-4k

Also confirmed based on this. 

Edited by dsmitty166

GrimReaper
9 minutes ago, dsmitty166 said:

But you're using unsupported library structure/paths:

On 4/14/2022 at 8:27 AM, Luke said:

For now this is expected behavior. Using the same folder path in more than one library is not fully supported, although we'd like to get there.

It is somewhat expected you might encounter odd behaviour. Just wanted to make sure you weren't actually seeing a bug. Thanks. 

1 hour ago, dsmitty166 said:

I found why. If you have the folder path in multiple libraries, they won’t merge. 

ie

Also confirmed based on this. 

Right, when using the same path in mulitple libraries, you may find that not every single feature works the way you would expect it to. This is because you've got two sets of library options applying to the same folder, so while we are doing our best to accommodate it, I wouldn't say that it's recommended.

dsmitty166
5 hours ago, GrimReaper said:

But you're using unsupported library structure/paths:

It is somewhat expected you might encounter odd behaviour. Just wanted to make sure you weren't actually seeing a bug. Thanks. 

Yeah thanks. I didn’t know it was unsupported when I changed things around. I’ve always had things separate, but wanted to test merging and seeing how well it does with automatically selecting a version, but didn’t want to delete my 4k libs while testing. 

Ended up copying my db and duplicating my setup for testing now

Alex3111

My library became a mess sometime after 4.0.8.61 beta (not sure exactly what happened, other than it stopped including no new episodes, movies, and music would update and show up on my library).  After doing several things, and following some guidance from Luke, I ended up having to remove my `library.db` file and recreate the library.  Currently running 4.0.8.63 beta and all my media is included, also showing the new episode, movies, and music.

BUT, upon recreating the library, my movie library consist of 3 folders:

• /storage/Videos/Movies (± 1,400) most of my library, 1080p DD/DTS
  • /storage/Videos/Movies4k (± 40) duplicates of 1080p, just 4k quality (Star Wars, Marvel Universe, etc.)
  • /storage/Videos/MoviesYIFY (± 70) duplicates of 1080p, just lower quality/small size for offline/table/car viewing

I believe the Auto Version Grouping v1.0.0.5 was the one in charge to show a single movie title, yet offer if different qualities were available for the choosing/drop-down menu; I remember it showing the quality for selection.

If I trigger the following task

image.png.9aeb3f55de6461b2b7c29878ebc6ec68.png

It is quickly coming back with Last ran 0 minutes ago, taking 0 seconds and none of the same movies seem to combine; for example:

image.png.2483104308187beaf422ae174c2f6432.png

The Doctor Strange movies are in 1080p, 4k, and one of them is also YIFY; yet they are not combining as they used to.

If I do 'Group Versions' manually, it works, but I do remember having a Plugin that would do this for me, and I think it was Auto Versioning Grouping.  If it's not, sorry for posting here then.

Thanks in advance.

On 12/26/2023 at 9:23 PM, Alex3111 said:

My library became a mess sometime after 4.0.8.61 beta (not sure exactly what happened, other than it stopped including no new episodes, movies, and music would update and show up on my library).  After doing several things, and following some guidance from Luke, I ended up having to remove my `library.db` file and recreate the library.  Currently running 4.0.8.63 beta and all my media is included, also showing the new episode, movies, and music.

BUT, upon recreating the library, my movie library consist of 3 folders:

• /storage/Videos/Movies (± 1,400) most of my library, 1080p DD/DTS
  • /storage/Videos/Movies4k (± 40) duplicates of 1080p, just 4k quality (Star Wars, Marvel Universe, etc.)
  • /storage/Videos/MoviesYIFY (± 70) duplicates of 1080p, just lower quality/small size for offline/table/car viewing

I believe the Auto Version Grouping v1.0.0.5 was the one in charge to show a single movie title, yet offer if different qualities were available for the choosing/drop-down menu; I remember it showing the quality for selection.

If I trigger the following task

image.png.9aeb3f55de6461b2b7c29878ebc6ec68.png

It is quickly coming back with Last ran 0 minutes ago, taking 0 seconds and none of the same movies seem to combine; for example:

image.png.2483104308187beaf422ae174c2f6432.png

The Doctor Strange movies are in 1080p, 4k, and one of them is also YIFY; yet they are not combining as they used to.

If I do 'Group Versions' manually, it works, but I do remember having a Plugin that would do this for me, and I think it was Auto Versioning Grouping.  If it's not, sorry for posting here then.

Thanks in advance.

Can you simply revert to 4.0.8.61?

Alex3111
2 hours ago, SShzin said:

Can you simply revert to 4.0.8.61?

No, tried, but the library file has already become a mess; as in, it merged all my Movies and TV shows together into the movie library. 

• 2 weeks later...
Hoptional

Yes, there was a bug that I fixed a while ago. The fix is in the git repo, but I can upload the dll, if you like.

• Like 1

SShzin
36 minutes ago, Hoptional said:

Yes, there was a bug that I fixed a while ago. The fix is in the git repo, but I can upload the dll, if you like.

Yes if you have the time, it would be much appreciated.