Automatic version grouping for movies

MikePlanet

Happy2Play
9 minutes ago, Err0r0815 said:

i rescanned all libarys and checked the movies, that were grouped.

now there are two entries, one withe all movies grouped, and one without the group.

strange

Would need specific examples but sounds like a metadata issue or Locked issue if set.

• 4 weeks later...
MagicDoubleM

Looks like beta .26 broke this plugin:

Method not found: 'MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.BaseItem MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.BaseItem.GetTopParent()'.
at AutoCollections.Tasks.CollectionsScheduleTask.&lt;&gt;c.<execute>b__14_0(BaseItem i)
at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereListIterator`1.GetCount(Boolean onlyIfCheap)
at System.Linq.Enumerable.Count[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source)
at AutoCollections.Tasks.CollectionsScheduleTask.Execute(CancellationToken cancellationToken, IProgress`1 progress)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.ScheduledTasks.ScheduledTaskWorker.ExecuteInternal(TaskOptions options)</execute>

Happy2Play
16 minutes ago, MagicDoubleM said:

Method not found: 'MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.BaseItem MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.BaseItem.GetTopParent()'.
at AutoCollections.Tasks.CollectionsScheduleTask.&lt;&gt;c.<execute>b__14_0(BaseItem i)
at AutoCollections.Tasks.CollectionsScheduleTask.Execute(CancellationToken cancellationToken, IProgress`1 progress)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.ScheduledTasks.ScheduledTaskWorker.ExecuteInternal(TaskOptions options)</execute>

Which plugin version?

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

Which plugin version?

1 hour ago, MagicDoubleM said:

Well the Infuse plugin is breaking for the same error, so the quick and dirty fix would be to put this method back.

But ideally, if the developers are around to make changes then this method should no longer be used. We're trying to do better to accommodate libraries with overlapping paths, e.g. (/movies and /movies/kids), and dropping the whole top parent construct was part of that. So I'm around to consult on what to change to.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Happy2Play

@Cheesegeezer

2023-03-24 13:36:49.556 Error Auto Movie Version Collections: AutoCollections: NewItemTimerCallback - fatal error: Method not found: 'MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.BaseItem MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.BaseItem.GetTopParent()'.

• Thanks 1

Cheesegeezer
1 hour ago, Luke said:

Well the Infuse plugin is breaking for the same error, so the quick and dirty fix would be to put this method back.

But ideally, if the developers are around to make changes then this method should no longer be used. We're trying to do better to accommodate libraries with overlapping paths, e.g. (/movies and /movies/kids), and dropping the whole top parent construct was part of that. So I'm around to consult on what to change to.

I think you should not be dirty and quick, now is the time to get new ways adopted, i can see this will be much better in the future. So i guess we will need to check for IsSeason, IsSeries. But how can we identify the Kids movies apart from Movies for us grownups? Is there some booleans introduced to the BaseItem?? 

just curious on how to tackle this

1 hour ago, Happy2Play said:

@Cheesegeezer

2023-03-24 13:36:49.556 Error Auto Movie Version Collections: AutoCollections: NewItemTimerCallback - fatal error: Method not found: 'MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.BaseItem MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.BaseItem.GetTopParent()'.

I will look next week unfortunately. My time is stretched at the moment.

Cheesegeezer
5 minutes ago, Err0r0815 said:

Are there Plans, that this Plugin will be implemented in Emby in the future?

I doubt it very much, its another element, module, functionality that needs to be maintained. 

ill get on this next week and rectify the issue, or @cayarsthe sourcecode is posted on my repo in Github and you can make the changes

• Like 1

MagicDoubleM
5 hours ago, Cheesegeezer said:

I doubt it very much, its another element, module, functionality that needs to be maintained. 

ill get on this next week and rectify the issue, or @cayarsthe sourcecode is posted on my repo in Github and you can make the changes

Thanks, very much appreciated.

Edrock200

Random question, and admittedly I haven't read all 19 pages so I apologize if answered already. On emby 4.7.11. I noticed my auto collections plugin wasn't working and was way outdated, so I updated to the latest .26 version, restarted, works again. 

Shortly thereafter emby seemed to become sluggish/unresponsive. A restart fixed but would slowly creep up again within anywhere from 3-24h later. 

One thing I've noticed is the collections scheduled tasks is set to run once every 24h, and if I run manually it seems to finish within 10-15 seconds or so. But when the server is sluggish, it seems to be stuck "running." The odd part is even though it's set to run every 24h, it seems to be running far more frequently. Is it set to run at any scan? Reason I ask is because I also have autoscans setup, so it sends triggers multiple times throughout the day. 

The symptom and the plugin update could just be a coincidence. So for now I've removed it to see if the symptom returns. Thanks in advance for any insights.

grimevil

For me this is currently broken, emby latest beta and version of the plugin. 

I have the below error message:-

Also on a sidenote will .strm files be supported as it used to group these, but for some reason this stopped working?

Thankss

3 hours ago, grimevil said:

For me this is currently broken, emby latest beta and version of the plugin. 

I have the below error message:-

Also on a sidenote will .strm files be supported as it used to group these, but for some reason this stopped working?

Thankss

Hi,   I think it will be easier for the developer if you ensure you’re on the latest build and attach the complete server log file. Thanks.

grimevil
54 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi,   I think it will be easier for the developer if you ensure you’re on the latest build and attach the complete server log file. Thanks.

HI Luke as stated I am on the most recent build for both the plugin and Emby, it is the same issue as everyone else is having, this was directed at the developer and hope they can fix this soon, thanks. 

Edrock200

I'm not on beta. I'll see if I have logs pre uninstall. When I parsed through, nothing seemed out of the ordinary except it was triggering on every autoscan trigger vs just on its schedule, and on some of those triggers it would get stuck. Almost as if there was too many back to back autoscans triggers, it would get hung up. 

• 2 weeks later...
Edrock200
On 4/5/2023 at 9:24 AM, Edrock200 said:

I'm not on beta. I'll see if I have logs pre uninstall. When I parsed through, nothing seemed out of the ordinary except it was triggering on every autoscan trigger vs just on its schedule, and on some of those triggers it would get stuck. Almost as if there was too many back to back autoscans triggers, it would get hung up. 

Just to follow up, I've had a few random slow downs/hangs after removing the plugin. So I don't believe the issues I noted above are related to the plugin. My apologies. 

• Like 1

grimevil

@MikePlanet Do you know when this will be working again on the Latest Beta's, no rush just checking to see if you have any eta, thanks.

If you need any log files or anything let me know. 

• 2 weeks later...
CassTG

So tested 1.0.5 as not updated for a while and to be honest not many duplicates any more as the work was all done, but i did notice something.

I had created several 4k X265 version of a few of my blu rays films, when they were imported to the library they obviously showed separately as i was not using the plugin at the time. I added the latest version and it pretty much did what was expected.

However on 2 films it found them and did not merge. In Fact i decided to group the versions manually, which worked as expected, but when the plugin runs again it unmerges them in to separate instances.

To see if this was emby or the plugin, i decided to switch on do not make changes if metadata is locked. I then grouped the 2 films individual versions again via the emby menu and it has grouped them and  so far has not not unmerged them.

Not sure why it un-merged on these 2 films only but no biggie as i will disable the plugin for now until i need it again which won't be for a while.

• Like 1

lorac

If on stable 1.0.0.5 but if on beta only 1.0.0.4 will work