Archive - Samsung Smart TV App - Public Alpha Test

chessdragon136

chessdragon136

Ok ignore that (Been fixed now if you want to re-update) - when you run the app does it say v0.420 in the bottom right - thats the only one that matters ;) 

radeon

OK cool, now when im in the smart hub and i hover the app, the version is the 0.420 but when i actually run the app, bottom right says v0.400

mbnwa

Mine now shows up as 0.420 and M4V's are working correctly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

chessdragon136

OK cool, now when im in the smart hub and i hover the app, the version is the 0.420 but when i actually run the app, bottom right says v0.400

Ok that shouldn't be possible - What screen do you load into (The home screen, server ip settings or user login page?)

Re-update the app again - perhaps uninstall the previous one first?

radeon

Server ip screen so I have to enter the IP details before i can see the version (only a 22" i bought for the spare room so i think the version number sits behind the on screen keyboard)

Tried an update, also tried a uninstall/reinstall. just gona try a "turn it off and back on again" lol,

mbnwa

I had to uninstall - pull the power cord for 30sec's - plug back in - log in as develop - enter IP - Sync  and it showed up as expected from that point.

radeon

ahh! the trusty off and back on again fixed it! how strange! :-/ didnt even have to reinstall the app, epic samsung!

CBers

I'm unable to update.

Getting "Unable to connect to the server. Please try again later"

Also getting "ERROR_DEVELOPMENT 0002".

Yogi

Hey chess,

Starting to look really good. Installed and nearly everything played correctly that I threw at it. Liike the config menu makes it easy to select DTS etc.

The only thing that wasn't correct was a couple of movies I have are TrueHD and it only played them back as PCM.

Oh 1 other thing it picks up DTS but not DTS HD-MA.

Loving the app more and more everyday.

Cheers

Yogi

Edited by Yogi
  • Like 1

I'm unable to update.

Getting "Unable to connect to the server. Please try again later"

Also getting "ERROR_DEVELOPMENT 0002".

Same is here

Sent from my HTC Butterfly using Tapatalk

CBers

Same is here

Sent from my HTC Butterfly using Tapatalk

I haven't been able to try the last 2 days, but will tomorrow.

CBers

I haven't been able to try the last 2 days, but will tomorrow.

Retried today and the app updated OK.

Now running v0.420

Im still having yto change audio output on TV from PCM to DOLBY on first playback.

ABNParatrooper

I got this working, thanks for the hard work. Can't wait for the jump feature (press a letter and it goes to movies that match) and subtitle. Again, awesome app and thanks again.

Tanamur

Samsung SMART Media Player (GX-SM530CF) - This device looks like it could extend the Samsung app to any tv as well as providing a cable card slot (if you live in a part of the world that supports it).

Is the testing at a point to where anyone would estimate when it might be in the Samsung app store?

Thanks, Tanamur

chessdragon136

I got this working, thanks for the hard work. Can't wait for the jump feature (press a letter and it goes to movies that match) and subtitle. Again, awesome app and thanks again.

Hi there

@@abnranger67

In many pages  which have 1 set of items (like listing all movies) it is possible to press the Red button and it will skip through all the letters of the alphabet (so press it once for numbers, press again for A, then B and so on...) There is no visual element for which letter you are on except what it jumps to (its a feature in progress but required for us with lots of content)

Hope that helps

@@Yogi @@CBers - All audio switching was disabled in the latest build as Samsung have identified a critical bug with it.. So it shouldn't work

@@Tanamur - There is no ETA and it will be a long time off - the process to get the app on the market is a long one and thus i don't want to start it until I have all elements in my alpha code so I only have to do it once! (Sure there will probably be updates but they will be minor)

• Like 1

CBers

@@Yogi @@CBers - All audio switching was disabled in the latest build as Samsung have identified a critical bug with it.. So it shouldn't work

Latest build of your app ?? Have you submitted it to Samsung then ??

TIA.

chessdragon136

Latest build of your app ?? Have you submitted it to Samsung then ??

TIA.

Sorry no I havent made a submission - I am just using the developer tools available to me to check my code is valid.. This particular problem flagged as an issue (I knew i was doing it wrong)

CBers

OK, thanks chess.

As long as I can still manually switch to Dolby, I can live with it until a fix is available.

TolkienBard

So I downloaded this last night and all the menus and such seem to be working properly. However, whenever I select a title and then select play, I get "Undefined connection error". The app has obviously been able to connect to my PC in the other room though, as it is seeing the library. I get the art, the titles, the actor crossties, etc. 

I tried selecting a chapter to play instead of just using the "play" button. When I do this, the screen goes black and the only way to recover is to press "exit", leaving the app.

chessdragon136

So I downloaded this last night and all the menus and such seem to be working properly. However, whenever I select a title and then select play, I get "Undefined connection error". The app has obviously been able to connect to my PC in the other room though, as it is seeing the library. I get the art, the titles, the actor crossties, etc. 

I tried selecting a chapter to play instead of just using the "play" button. When I do this, the screen goes black and the only way to recover is to press "exit", leaving the app.

Ok that's odd -> Can you provide me with as much detail as you can please (File details of the file from the web interface, tv model, server build) and I can look into it.

Thanks

TolkienBard

Ok that's odd -> Can you provide me with as much detail as you can please (File details of the file from the web interface, tv model, server build) and I can look into it.

Thanks

Here's what I have so far:

Media Browser Server: Version 3.0.5238.39498

Samsung Plasma TV: PN60E550

App Version: .420 (downloaded late night on May 24th)

The rest of my file paths should all be default.

Cache: C:\Users\James\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\cache

Images by name: C:\Users\James\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\ImagesByName

Logs: C:\Users\James\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\logs

Metadata: C:\Users\James\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\data\metadata

Transcoding temporary files: C:\Users\James\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\transcoding-temp

After getting some guidance, I have attached my server log from the most recent attempt to make this function on my home network.

Server Log.txt

Edited by TolkienBard

TolkienBard

Have a read of How to Report a Problem.

I think I need glasses. I actually browsed through there, but somehow I missed the "More Reply Options" part of the post. Ugh.

Thanks.

• Like 1