Archive - Samsung Smart TV App - Public Alpha Test

chessdragon136

TolkienBard

Ok that's odd -> Can you provide me with as much detail as you can please (File details of the file from the web interface, tv model, server build) and I can look into it.

Thanks

So it just occurred to me that I also have a Samsung 3D BDP with a Smart Hub on it. (I never use the Hub) on it so I totally spaced it. Anyway, I tried using the app through the BDP instead of the television and encountered the exact same behaviour.

My BD Player is a Samsung BD-E59000

All other info is the same as it was for my television. Given that the problem exists on both devices, I am beginning to suspect that the error is due to something in my setup. But I'll be damned if I can figure out where the error is. As I am still a extremely new user to Media Browser, I have gone out of my way to leave most settings as close to default/untouched as possible until I get the last 450 movies loaded onto the drives and I can verify that everything is working properly. This app is a huge selling point for me if/when I can get it up and running properly. The fact that it is still being made better as it is developed is just icing on the cake and makes me want to do whatever I can to help out. But I do need to get it working first before I can stress test it for you.  ;)

CBers

ebeduzyh.jpg

Is it the same IP?

ujagumum.jpg

I'm still getting the same error

Sent from my HTC Butterfly using Tapatalk

Yes, still the same IP ADDRESS.

I did notice with my TV that the IP address had disappeared so I had to add it again.

Are you logging in as develop OK?

I did notice with my TV that the IP address had disappeared so I had to add it again.

I noticed that too, and re-added it, I login with develop successfully

CBers

I noticed that too, and re-added it, I login with develop successfully

Still no joy?

Did you remove and re-add.

Finally ver. 0.420

Don't know exactly what's changed, but it worked today

Thanks

Edited by DaN
  • Like 1

DTS audio switching worked for me, Dolby also worked but not every time, I agree, there's a bug

Smaky

Updated to 0.420 with no issues. Browsing and playback are working just fine.

chessdragon136

Hi All,

I have some bad (ish) news for you all (although its good news for me) -> I'm now working a full time job with 4 hours commute so the time I have to work on this has been cut quite considerably...

This doesn't mean I haven't given up or stopped, just things will work at a slower pace - Thankfully the app is at a good place and works for the majority and has a lot of features... So I hope you're not all too dissapointed with this..

Thanks,

• Like 1

Thanks Chessdragon for the time you're giving to this development, I am ready to give any kind of support when needed

CBers

Congratulations on the new job cheese.

I assume that's commuting into London and back? If so I don't envy your journey.

Is your code in github that someone else could fork and take on?

TolkienBard

Congratulations on the job Chess. While I would love to get the app working for myself, I'm even more excited when someone who works hard for others is rewarded by life with something worthwhile. I'll wait as long as it takes, even if that means having to find something else. Good on you mate!

StevenDTX

Just wanted to say that I installed this on my UN60HU8550 last night and in the limited testing that I have done, it works great!

ABNParatrooper

Man while there is great satisfaction is doing what you do for us......bills still got to get paid lol. With that said, congrats on your new job...now quit slacking and get back to working on this hahahaha...JK.

SamES

New Major Build Release - v0.400d with what I think are some cool features

Please uninstall the app and then re-install as per the first time please - Don't just update the app. 

ChangeLog

Added Transcoding logic
Added support for Multiple Versions of a file (See the new server build for details)
Added support for Multiple Servers & Default Server AutoConnect
Added support for User Settings
   Ability to set Default User for AutoLogin purposes
   Ability to customise the home page with any 2 (or just 1) of the following items
         All Resumable Items
         TV Next Up
         Suggested Movies
         Media Folders
         Latest TV
         Latest Movies
   Ability to set up Dolby and DTS audio - (Not complete in that it has issues which i think relate to 2012 models - Anyone who can help is appreciated)
Added support for Useful Error Messages
Added : The up arrow will now select the menu bar when appropriate. Likewise the down arrow will take you off the menu bar

Fixed Episode Navigation 

Altered Resume, Next-Up, Suggested & Latest Pages to get the latest 12 items instead of 6.
Altered Movies Suggested page to only show suggested Movies -> No longer shows resumable movies (As a direct result of showing more items it is nicer this way)
Altered layout of New Server page to be more friendly with the text input
Altered video player information to show codec bits

Completed Cast Page Design

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Notes:
Installing and running this will ask for your server details again - Sorry
Transcoding is still disabled. 
The Transcoding logic introduced in this version means that instead of the app just trying to play the file and throwing you back to the previous page if it fails has been replaced with this logic. The logic looks at the video file properties and assess if the file is compatible to play to the tv without transcoding.

If you have a file that gives you an error message but you think should play, please do the following:
  • Try to play the file to the tv using the DLNA function if possible If it plays then I need to know the contents of the error message shown when trying to play the file, along with the file information from the web browser (Go to the item in the web browser and go to the Media Info tab, and screenshot or copy paste that info)

Also, if a file plays but has problems let me know the file info as per above.

Again as always, this is Alpha stuff that I've made public so I can get the required testing - Don't expect it to be 100%

Thanks ChessDragon, love your work.

I'm using version 0.420 on an ES8000.  I have DVD title rips I created with MakeMKV.  They are MKV containers with MPEG2VIDEO streams.  The play no problem via DLNA but your app reports

Unable to Play

None of the MediaSources

are playable

Details from the Media Info tab.

538ee6c388c73_MPEG2VIDEO.png

You should be able to replicate this by ripping a title from a DVD with MakeMKV.  It would be great to get these playing and they shouldn't need transcoding.

chessdragon136

Ok I can see the probable problem - Will push a small update to fix this at the weekend if i remember!!

-- Personal Note - Transcoding Line 75 add mkv to container list

SamES

Ok I can see the probable problem - Will push a small update to fix this at the weekend if i remember!!

-- Personal Note - Transcoding Line 75 add mkv to container list

Much appreciated, thanks for the quick reponse.

ABNParatrooper

Oh me likey.........subtitles pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease. In the interim, much appreciated for all you do.

james3

Hi

I have a C series Samsung TV.  Is there any plans to include the C series or due to  TV hardware it’s not possible.  Thanks.

james3

@@james3 -> Sorry to say the TV's just arn't powerful enough and it doesn't help that i don't have any c series stuff to test on.. My D series tv's are quite slow so i doubt this will ever happen.. 

No worries.  I followed the install steps and manage to get the app installed.  But it wouldn’t open and the TV just flicked on and off before crashing. 

I also have a small LCD which the app runs really good on.  This has great potential based on results so far.  Congratulations.

chessdragon136

@@SamES -> Sorry i tested my update and hit an unexpected problem - next weekend will see it released to fix your issue :D

@@james3 -> Sorry to say the TV's just arn't powerful enough and it doesn't help that i don't have any c series stuff to test on.. My D series tv's are quite slow so i doubt this will ever happen.. 

SamES

@@SamES -> Sorry i tested my update and hit an unexpected problem - next weekend will see it released to fix your issue :D

No problem.

I noticed another small issue.  When I have an episode selected in a season, using the left/right arrow button on the remote takes me to the previous/next episode as expected.  Perfect.

However, if the first episode in the season is not episode 1 (let's assume it's missing for some reason), then pressing left continually results in it toggling between the first and second available episodes instead of just stopping at the first available episode.  This doesn't seem to be a problem if epsiode 1 exists.

For example, I only have episodes 3,4,5,6,7,8,9 in a series.  I select episode 9.  I then press left repeatedly and get episode 8,7,6,5,4,3,4,3,4,3,4,3.  It should just stop at 3.  A minor glitch, but annoying if you are trying to get back to the first episode.

Other things I'd like to see at some stage (I know time is a premium, these are just ideas):

• Time seek, either punch in a time to seek to with the numeric keys, or a time slider (then press enter to seek) as per the Samsung Allplay/DLNA client.
  • Option to 'Play All' for episodes in a series
    • Great for the kids when they have lots of 10 minute episodes and just want to watch them all.  A 'Play All Random' would also be nice just to mix it up a bit.

Thanks again.

bluebird

Dear chessdragon136,

trying to install your app I am not

able to access the 82.45.82.57.

Therefore could you please

enable an option to download the

app so that I can install it manually.

Thank you very much.

linus

Bunnyhunter

Installation doesn't work for h series. (Ue55h6410)

Any recommendation how to install media browser app on h series?

Thank you in advance.

Hey guys!  I was hoping to help test this app with the F8000, but i have gone through every setting i can find and haven't been able to locate the area to put in the ip address.  it wasn't in options and the information posted for H with e-manual didn't seem to work.  It's running samsung's software version 1120.  Any ideas?

Thanks!