Archive - Samsung Smart TV App - Public Alpha Test

chessdragon136

Hi, first of all, congratulations for the great work.

I loved the idea of having a Media Browser using ServiceStack.

I'm very interested in participating in the Alpha test program for Smart TV.

How to proceed?

You're familiar with ServiceStack?

azninvazn

Any suggestions on how to enable the dev menu on a 2014 "H" series - I have tried the login it does in fact show the develop account under the "Games" menu however I can not fine a place to enter any IP - I looked all over tools and settings as well as all over the Smart TV app nothing. The little blue button does nothing as well.

Any help or suggestions from anyone that has this working on a H5500 would be great.

Heres what i did:

Activate Smart HUB

Login with develop

Apps Page

Highlight E-manual (im sure you can highlight any of the apps)

Held down the Return key (the one in between all of the arrows) on the remote

There should be a sub menu that opens

Select IP setting

Enter IP and proceed like the instructions page noted

mbnwa

Heres what i did:

Activate Smart HUB

Login with develop

Apps Page

Highlight E-manual (im sure you can highlight any of the apps)

Held down the Return key (the one in between all of the arrows) on the remote

There should be a sub menu that opens

Select IP setting

Enter IP and proceed like the instructions page noted

Thanks - that worked great now I have another issue when playing M4V files I get a message saying the following it looks like the Samsung should support this natively

guna4y3y.jpg

Edited by mbnwa

mbnwa

These are not DRM files they are a standard MP4 but with an M4V extension I can play the same m4v from my USB drive as well as play to using direct play

Can you add m4v to the extension list with mp4?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chessdragon136

In truth I don't know how - I don't know how I can differentiate from files that have DRM to files that dont, so I can't tell my program to play all M4V files as those with DRM will cause problems with the app. 

I'll look into it but I really can't make any promises on this one - I will review the M4V schematics and see what is possible. 

mbnwa

Any output I can give you that will help? I can provide details from a DRM file as well as non-DRM I only have my MP4 as M4V due to support for my Apple TV and other devices with home sharing

Edited by mbnwa

chessdragon136

Thank you for the offer

I just need some time to research properly.. I'm hoping the video codec in the files are different in each file but to confirm can you post the file's info from the mediabrowser web interface please

mbnwa

Yeah I can do that tonight but they should be exact just no DRM flag in the file

mbnwa

In retrospect I did have to add M4V to the DLNA profiles to get play to to function correctly

chessdragon136

Does the file with DRM play on the tv? And does the mediaBrowser info screen tell you if it is DRM'd or not? If so I can use that

mbnwa

I will conduct that test when I get back home and post the results

• Like 1

chessdragon136

Thanks - that worked great now I have another issue when playing M4V files I get a message saying the following it looks like the Samsung should support this natively

guna4y3y.jpg

Hi there

I've double checked the Samsung documentation and it does not list M4V as a supported container, and as such it doesn't play in my app yet..

M4V if i remember correctly is an Apple container which holds the MP4 codec video but also allows for DRM (copy protection) - and it is likely this DRM that samsung does not support natively.. 

Sorry - Wait for transcoding. 

mbnwa

wanted to give a quick update I was not able to do the test last night as I did not get my 5th Wheel back from the shop (it has the Samsung and server in it) I should be getting it back from the shop today or tomorrow depending on the work that needs to be completed as soon as I get it parked back here I will post the test results.

mbnwa

Sorry for the delay on responding - Here is what I found out:

A ) No the Samsung will not play DRM based files

B ) Yes it looks like we can see that a file has DRM in Media Browser under Media Info the level on the video area is set to -99 for all my DRM files

C ) It also looks like we can see the files are DRM with FFProbe -i 

Screen shots are below - So this is my thinking if you can look at MediaBrowsers Media Info tables and look for the video level if it == -99 assume the file is DRM'ed if != -99 play the m4v file. That would be the quickest way to enable support for m4v files that are not DRM based I would think.

DRM File Screen Shot Media Browser Meta Data:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jnsnclvawz20u2j/Screenshot%202014-05-16%2019.58.26.png

DRM File Screen Shot FFProbe (Note the Video == None and after none you can see drmi (I would grep on drm and use that as a match) )

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bm463a1dv1gq5lu/Screenshot%202014-05-16%2019.56.55.png

Edited by mbnwa
  • Like 1

chessdragon136
Afternoon All

New interim version - v0.420 is now available.. Testing of this build has been limited and as such please expect errors...

Log:

• Transcoding is now implemented in a basic form - if the file doesn't play natively it will transcode to h264 and attempt to play.. (No Subs support yet) (2010 TV's may not work / stuttery playback)
  • M4V container support added if the file is not DRM - @@mbnwa
  • Multitude of minor changes

Thanks

Edited by chessdragon136
  • Like 2

mbnwa

Hmm tried to do an update no new version - deleted app and reinstalled still version 0.400d

chessdragon136

Try again now - have refreshed and checked and is the correct version...

chessdragon136

I don't think it is syncing to my server for some reason - Check the ip address is correct would be my best suggestion. Also do check that it hasn't installed this new version as a second app (been known to happen sometimes)

chessdragon136

Can anyone please confirm they have v0.420 installed successfully please?

radeon

installing as v0.400 for me here too. looking at the zip, the <ver> tag in the config.xml still refers to v0.400 too if that helps?

Edited by radeon