Archive - Samsung Smart TV App - Public Alpha Test

chessdragon136

Glyde62

I'm trying to install this on my HT-E6750W Home Theater system. 

Within the SmartHub, the first instructions in the OP were correct for logging in, but found the other options in slightly different places.  There is no Blue Button option.  Instead, I pressed Tools on the remote, went to Settings, Developers, ticked Accept (left arrow, enter, right arrow, enter), and then the options (Settings Server IP and User Application Syncronisation) appeared.

It appears to have downloaded the app (scrollbar filled from left to right), but it just sits there and goes no further.

I very quickly skimmed through the posts this thread, so I hope I didn't miss other people having the same issue as the installation appearing to hang.  I've left it about 5 minutes now, should I wait longer?  Any ideas?

I did exactly what you did and it worked fine on my UA55ES7100

• Like 1

Ka Hooli

I did exactly what you did and it worked fine on my UA55ES7100

Glad my post helped :)

Unfortunately it still doesn't work for me, does anyone know if there are some sort of logs that can be obtained to see what's happening?

ginjaninja

0.400d works great for me on 2012 tv re fwd wind doing skip....rather than fast forward..doesnt stop working..reasonable halfway house. Would be good to see an overlay to confirm time elapsed / remaining after ffwd. Feature request: amount to fast foward subject to media size. Perhaps 1/20 of media length. Or use another button as a modifer 1min/5min/15 min. With random access media if ffwd and rwnd is difficult to make work accross loads of models, imo time skip is 99% as useful, esp. If it works.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Edited by ginjaninja

ronvp

0.4 installed and much more intuitive with the cursor keys selecting the menus..

Still have a few issues with the player not playing some files.. most seems to be around 480P content..

There are some media folders that can not be accessed; Movie Trailers (from the plugin) and my Music video's. This maybe because I have multiple music videos in a single directory..

0.4 installed and much more intuitive with the cursor keys selecting the menus..

Still have a few issues with the player not playing some files.. most seems to be around 480P content..

There are some media folders that can not be accessed; Movie Trailers (from the plugin) and my Music video's. This maybe because I have multiple music videos in a single directory..

alpha testing the movies and TV series only

Sent from my HTC Butterfly using Tapatalk

rickster53

Just downloaded the 0.4000 buld. Looking great! no issues so far.

+1. No problems at all with the release and my UN60ES8000. Nice work! Thanks

Has the look changed since the screenshots in the first page? If so can we see new ones?

Ghostm

Has the look changed since the screenshots in the first page? If so can we see new ones?

Still looks the same.

I have a question is it possible to select subtitle tracks? And if not will it be in the future?

chessdragon136

@@Luke - I'm away on business so will get updated screens when I can but for the most part it looks the same. Was there any particular reason you needed them?

Ghostm

@@Luke - I'm away on business so will get updated screens when I can but for the most part it looks the same. Was there any particular reason you needed them?

Is their anyway i can select subtitles in the app? Or is it not implemented yet, i did a search and didnt find much info...

Thanks.

chessdragon136

Some pages are under a redesign as I'm struggling with other elements and need a break...

@@Ghostm -> Subs are currently not supported - To show subtitles I need to transcode the files, which currently isn't implemented. This latest update has paved the way massively for me to implement it as I now have complete control over which files play natively and which don't. Now I need a GUI interface and selections to select transcoding of subtitles. Not easy. It will be done. Just not entirely sure when. It is however important to me too as I have a lot of Anime and foreign films ;) 

• Like 1

Ghostm

Ok thats actually perfect!

Thanks for the response.

I edited my post basically mentioning how subtitles in plex  anyway on samsung need to be transcoded and burnt in as they are not supported by samsung but it seems your well aware of all this :)

this looks nice ! how do I talk the wife into us needing a new tv in the bedroom??? lol

just ordered mine today, couldn't get the wife above a 32" for the bedroom.  The Samsung F model prices are dropping fast since the 2014 H models are in.  I hope it arrives on Saturday since friday and monday are holidays here

ginjaninja

Ok thats actually perfect!

Thanks for the response.

I edited my post basically mentioning how subtitles in plex anyway on samsung need to be transcoded and burnt in as they are not supported by samsung but it seems your well aware of all this :)

afik samsung tvs at least from 2012 onwards do support embedded and external subtitles without transcoding. Indeed given how wide the samsungs support is for common containers and stream types, transcoding isnt desirable for most local content when bandwidth is not an issue.

this looks nice ! how do I talk the wife into us needing a new tv in the bedroom??? lol

• Like 2

CBers

I get subtitles playing on my Samsung TV (F8000) during DLNA playback.

Edited by CBers

chessdragon136

@@Lee Let me know when you work that one out! Or even better, convince your wife to buy me a 2013 Samsung TV so I can test my app with it :D 

And here's a spoiler - If you don't want to know, look away now (Still a massive work in progress)

534f06db42777_Music.png

• Like 3

ginjaninja

@@Lee Let me know when you work that one out! Or even better, convince your wife to buy me a 2013 Samsung TV so I can test my app with it :D

And here's a spoiler - If you don't want to know, look away now (Still a massive work in progress)

534f06db42777_Music.png

great to see music is getting some tlc. my wishlist

Navigating and queueing during playback.

Artist and album bios, scrolling if necessary to fit.

Albums by artist prioritised or separated from compilations in artist view.

Artist albums (as opposed to compilations) sorted in chronological order.

Albums playable, next song plays automatically. Gapless. Could the transcoding engine ensure the queue was fully streamed to ensure gapless on clients with lower resources if necessary?

album artist view. Distinct from artist or composer view.

Jump in on long lists by first letter.

Search by artist. Title. Album

Browse by folder as well by tag.

If artist varies within an album then show artist (as well as track number and title)

Where artists are shown enable hyperlink to jump to that artists view.

Ty for considering.

Edited by ginjaninja

allen00se

This is exciting, was waiting for something like this before I bought my next tv. Looks like it will be a Samsung since the LG app doesnt seem to have and progress.

chessdragon136

+1 ...and don't forget playlists. Hoping that's possible as it's not been implemented yet on the server and not sure if that is a dependency for you?

Can you explain this please? Just curious..

rickster53

great to see music is getting some tlc. my wishlist

Navigating and queueing during playback.

Artist and album bios, scrolling if necessary to fit.

Albums by artist prioritised or separated from compilations in artist view.

Artist albums sorted in chronological order.

Albums playable, next song plays automatically. Gapless. Could the transcoding engine ensure the queue was fully streamed to ensure gapless on clients with lower resources if necessary?

album artist view. Distinct from artist or composer view.

Jump in on long lists by first letter.

Search by artist. Title. Album

Browse by folder as well by tag.

Ty for considering.

+1 ...and don't forget playlists. Hoping that's possible as it's not been implemented yet on the server and not sure if that is a dependency for you?