Archive - Samsung Smart TV App - Public Alpha Test

chessdragon136

chessdragon136

Try again now - If not I don't know as as far as i know nothing has changed at my end (still same ip address) 

CBers

Try again now - If not I don't know as as far as i know nothing has changed at my end (still same ip address) 

OK, thanks.

I saw your post in the Server Build thread - hopefully Luke has an answer.

chessdragon136

Hi all,

The latest development server build does break playback for my app - I have a solution but it will take me about 4/5 weeks to be able to push this out to you

As such, please do not use the development builds if you desire to use my app.

Many thanks

CBers

Four or five weeks :(

OK, thanks for the heads-up @@chessdragon136.

Let us know if you want any testing doing when you have a fix.

TIA.

Edited by CBers

CBers

Just to confirm that this works OK - seems that somehow your IP address was missing from my TV setup !!

Edited by CBers

CBers

@@chessdragon136 - just realised, after looking at the screenshot post at the beginning of this thread (specifically the TV Seasons page and TV Episode Page images), that I am not seeing backdrops for my TV shows being displayed as you have.

I have them OK for movies, just not TV.

I have image files in my season and metadata folders, but they aren't displayed.

Anything I need to do to get them to show please ??

TIA.

Edited by CBers

Rowlett

Its because their is no backdrop in the season folder itself and thats where it looks like it looks for the background, hst put a copy or link of ur tv series backdrops into the season folders n u shud be gud to go :-)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

CBers

Its because their is no backdrop in the season folder itself and thats where it looks like it looks for the background, hst put a copy or link of ur tv series backdrops into the season folders n u shud be gud to go :-)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Thanks Rowlett - so it's a bug :)

Will give your suggestion a go.

Nope, that didn't work.

Will have to wait for Chess to return.

CBers

Did u rescan library tho? Cuz it worked for me :-S

Yep, that works now thanks.

Will need to sort out different images :)

TheNooner

Thanks for taking the enormous time and energy required to create and support this app.  I read through all 11 pages of the post.  Can you confirm there is an issue with multiple audio and subtitles?  Otherwise the app works great.  Kudos to you sir. 

chessdragon136

Thanks for taking the enormous time and energy required to create and support this app.  I read through all 11 pages of the post.  Can you confirm there is an issue with multiple audio and subtitles?  Otherwise the app works great.  Kudos to you sir. 

Not so much an issue, it just isn't implemented yet - It should just pick the first playable audio track and subtitles are not in at all.

c0m3r

Had chance to play with the app outside of the local network again this weekend as my brother had tried to watch some films and the app was buffering every couple of minutes for around 15-20 seconds. This was only happening on some movies and the server showed it was transcoding so guessing this is the issue?

chessdragon136

@@c0m3r -> The app currently doesn't allow for altering the quality (transcoding) based on connection hence the issues you are having so that is expected..

@@Luke -> c0m3r is saying the server is reporting playback as transcoded, yet my app currently does not do any transcoding

Is static=true classified as transcoding in the server? If so is that not misleading, and in my particular case all videos will be classified as transcoded as I cannot use direct access. 

Yup, I'll get you the info on how you can report that information. Still putting the wiki together on it.

• Like 1

c0m3r

I presumed as much with the quality as it works fine on the apps that allow this i.e. iOS. As you say 'currently' I take it this is something you are looking at. If so, that would be a great addition to the app as other than this, it works very well outside the LAN.

chessdragon136

Yeah this all fits with transcoding in general which is on my list high up - I'm having problems supporting all tv models though as Samsung have made various changes throughout their different models so it's taking a long time. 

• Like 1

c0m3r

Appreciate it will take time but knowing its coming is good enough for me and thanks for the help.

bluesynk

I'm able to login with the "develop" id and password, but hitting the blue button on my Samsung remote after that does not do anything---ie. no developer menu.  I have a Samsung model UN60ES8000 TV and MB identifies it as an E/F-series on the dashboard.  Any suggestions?

EDIT: Just wanted to add that MB3 DLNA Push To works with this TV as does Samsung's Allshare which allows me to pull content from my PC...

Go back into settings, then try all the options. One option lets you change the ip with the app sync option right underneath it. Be careful though, my tv is not happy. That is why i can't go back and give you step by step instructions.You may have to exit smart hub and enter again.

rickster53

Thanks bluesynk but I was able to resolve this a while ago by going into Settings as you had suggested.  You probably just missed my reply post about it...

mbnwa

Any suggestions on how to enable the dev menu on a 2014 "H" series - I have tried the login it does in fact show the develop account under the "Games" menu however I can not fine a place to enter any IP - I looked all over tools and settings as well as all over the Smart TV app nothing. The little blue button does nothing as well.

Any help or suggestions from anyone that has this working on a H5500 would be great.

robertosljunior

Hi, first of all, congratulations for the great work.

I loved the idea of having a Media Browser using ServiceStack.

I'm very interested in participating in the Alpha test program for Smart TV.

How to proceed?

Edited by robertosljunior
  • Like 1