Archive - Samsung Smart TV App - Public Alpha Test

chessdragon136

CBers

I know, thats why I removed the code earlier - Or am i missing what you mean here?

No, just confirming.

Sorry if I confused you.

• Like 1

gillmacca

When I view latest tv, it only shows 6 episodes, 3 on the top row, 1 on the next row with 2 empty spaces and on the third row, it shows an empty space then 2 episodes.

Also two of the episodes it shows as latest have already been watched (they are marked with a tick),

Is this how it is suppose to be at the moment?

chessdragon136

Still thinking that info bar should be utilized to show more information, that will help to, specially when there are playback issues (currently I didn't face any), bitrate, audio format, stream method, etc should be clear.

On the other hand, when selecting a cast person, results page shows all person contents across media folders; this how I like it thanks @@chessdragon136 results page need some design , but it works for me

Sent from my HTC Butterfly using Tapatalk

The info will be added when i return to that part of code..

As for cast, I had actually forgotten that was in this code! Its not finished design wise as you gathered but it is functional (Or i thinik it is)

When I view latest tv, it only shows 6 episodes, 3 on the top row, 1 on the next row with 2 empty spaces and on the third row, it shows an empty space then 2 episodes.

Also two of the episodes it shows as latest have already been watched (they are marked with a tick),

Is this how it is suppose to be at the moment?

Yes my latest version v0.360 has broken the layout of items for some people, Sorry about that. I'm working on it. The Green ticks / numbers have somehow broken it..

And should watched items not show up in the latest added list? I'll look to see if the other clients show them or not and standardise with them.

chessdragon136

New release - v0.360a

• Fixes a display issue created with the introduction of the watched marker @@Yogi @@gillmacca
  • Removes watched items from Latest Movies / Latest TV @@gillmacca
Edited by chessdragon136

CBers

That's a fix for episodes being displayed incorrectly - I was about to post when I read the post above.

When pressing RETURN on the remote, I'm being taken back to the beginning of the list rather than where I entered.

This was in a previous version but seems to be gone now.

Edited by CBers

chessdragon136

When pressing RETURN on the remote, I'm being taken back to the beginning of the list rather than where I entered.

This was in a previous version but seems to be gone now.

Yes that was removed as it was unstable.. It's a shame but I just can't support it easily

CBers

Yes that was removed as it was unstable.. It's a shame but I just can't support it easily

It is a shame, as if you're at the end of the long list of Movies/TV Shows, jumping back to the beginning is a pain :)

Never mind, hopefully it'll make a return !

chessdragon136

It's not too difficult but I will need a day or 2 to do it (and now may actually be a good time)

The reason I released this for public alpha is I wanted to "finalize" these aspects of the code before I move onto other media types.. So fixing these navigational issues is what I need to be doing...

As for the return problem, basically in my code I currently save the return details when the page loads.. but this doesn't let me save the last positions of the gui as I only know that when navigating away from the page.. So I just need to drastically alter my return logic..

CBers

OK, thanks Chess.

Do you need feedback on the new INFO information ??

Currently seeing:

Audio Mode: 0

Is PCM compatible: 1

PCM Set successfully

This is whilst playing video with AC3 audio

Edited by CBers

chessdragon136

No I don't thanks - I've had Yogi do me some tests which I think may be promising but because of the issue you have highlighted (having external components that are not DTS compatible) It will take a long time to get into code, just like 3D playback..

• Like 1

rickster53

@@rickster53 - Sorry to hear that.. As for the 403 forbidden I have set up my server to reject all requests unless they are coming from the samsung tv (My actual job is computer security based) - Set up the internet connection manually on the tv and try using Googles DNS server (8.8.8.8 & 8.8.4.4) - The only other way to distribute the app to the tv is for you to set up a http server on your local network and setting the tv to connect to that, but unless you are computer confident then I don't recommend this.

Success!! Manually setting the DNS as you suggested did the trick. Am now able to enjoy the fruits of your hard work. Loving everything so far especially the UI which is easy to use and very fast. No problems so far. Thanks for the exceptional support you provided for my one off network issue. With everything else you have going on right now it was greatly appreciated. Thanks to Yogi as well.

• Like 2

AdrianW

I tried a few times yesterday to update to 350 and again today to update to 360, but I just keep getting the "Error_Development_002" message.

chessdragon136

Hmm it looks like this DDOS attack that is going on in Europe is affecting internet connectivity to my server as well

On your tv try changing the DNS servers to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 and see if that lets you connect.

AdrianW

On your tv try changing the DNS servers to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 and see if that lets you connect.

My TV only has one DNS field - so I tried 8.8.8.8 and then I tried 8.8.4.4 and with both I still got the "Error_Development_002" message.

rickster53

Hmm it looks like this DDOS attack that is going on in Europe is affecting internet connectivity to my server as well

FYI. After I got it working with 8.8.8.8 I went back to the tv network settings and changed it back to automatic for the IP address and the DNS and was surprised to see it still working with what were my original settings

chessdragon136

New Update - v0.370

• Return navigation should now remember where you were..

As a side note I do expect some issues with this as its difficult to test all the return possibilities (including the main menu), please just let me know asap with details of what you were doing (what page you were on) and what you were meant to return to..

Thanks

• Like 1

CBers

Not sure why, but I'm having to increase the volume on my TV whenever I playback a video. 

Getting this on DLNA playack as well, so it's not just this app, but just wondered if anyone else was seeing this ??

TV is a Samsung 46F8000 connected to a Sonos playbar, but even if I disconnect the playbar, I still have the same issue.

TIA.

Edited by CBers

AdrianW

I still kept getting that "Error_Development_002" message - so I deleted the app and I checked the IP which somehow had become blank - so I re-entered that and then managed to download v0.370b.

This version is working really well and seems to be pretty full featured. It took me a while to realise that I had to use the "Tools" button to get up to the menu at the top. but if I'd actually read the text that appeared right at the start I would have known that  :wacko: 

I drilled way down through movies, shows, actors, episodes etc, and played a few here and there and then backed all the way out again, and it certainly seem to go all the way back up accurately.

I quite like that the right and left buttons can be used to move to the next/previous episode of a TV series. But. I was expecting the right button to move the cursor from "chapters" to the list of chapters to the right, pressing enter seems a little strange as the list is already visible (same applies to actors).

The few videos I played all showed audio "0", but one didn't show any audio info at all.

CBers

But. I was expecting the right button to move the cursor from "chapters" to the list of chapters to the right, pressing enter seems a little strange as the list is already visible (same applies to actors).

I agree.

Edited by CBers

chessdragon136

I quite like that the right and left buttons can be used to move to the next/previous episode of a TV series. But. I was expecting the right button to move the cursor from "chapters" to the list of chapters to the right, pressing enter seems a little strange as the list is already visible (same applies to actors).

The few videos I played all showed audio "0", but one didn't show any audio info at all.

That is all good news for the most part :D I know the tools isn't intuitive but its the easiest way, and like you saw it is mentioned on the help page and in the info help pages on each screen :) I can't be responsible for people's stupidity beyond that ;) 

Regarding the right arrow I wasn't sure to do it the way it is or like you said.. In reality it probably needs to be like you say!

As for the audio 0, just ignore it.. That info is only for some DTS testing which is going badly :( 

Ka Hooli

I'm trying to install this on my HT-E6750W Home Theater system. 

Within the SmartHub, the first instructions in the OP were correct for logging in, but found the other options in slightly different places.  There is no Blue Button option.  Instead, I pressed Tools on the remote, went to Settings, Developers, ticked Accept (left arrow, enter, right arrow, enter), and then the options (Settings Server IP and User Application Syncronisation) appeared.

It appears to have downloaded the app (scrollbar filled from left to right), but it just sits there and goes no further.

I very quickly skimmed through the posts this thread, so I hope I didn't miss other people having the same issue as the installation appearing to hang.  I've left it about 5 minutes now, should I wait longer?  Any ideas?

Edited by Ka Hooli

chessdragon136

Hi

Sorry to hear your problems -> I've googled around and annoyingly not found anything of any major help..

Can I ask, is this problem repeatable? Do try a couple of times..

And where in the world are you located?

Ka Hooli

Hi

Sorry to hear your problems -> I've googled around and annoyingly not found anything of any major help..

Can I ask, is this problem repeatable? Do try a couple of times..

And where in the world are you located?

Hi Chess,

Thanks for getting back to me, I'm in Australia.

I've tried about 4 or 5 times now, same each time and end up having to power off the unit each time to get around it :(

I've only had this Home Theater for a few days, but both the firmware and Smart Hub are up to date.  It is connected to a UA40C6900 (2010 model) TV, but PLEX doesn't run as nice under it as it does the Home Theater, so I haven't tried MB on the TV yet.

EDIT: fixed TV model number

Edited by Ka Hooli

chessdragon136

The C Series TV's are a bit underpowered, I have no idea if my app will run on that, feel free to try - but can you try sync the app to that tv.. that may help diagnose the issue. 

There may be a strange issue in my build but given others in Australia have used it fine I can't imagine what the problem would be. I do know it installs on bluray players as i run it on my D series BD... Perhaps the HiFi's are different somehow.