Archive - Samsung Smart TV App - Public Alpha Test

chessdragon136

Hi chessdragon, Other collection types doesn't work for me, I simpley select media folders, go for photo or video collection types, and nothing happens

Sent from my HTC Butterfly using Tapatalk

chessdragon136

Sigh this is the problem when trying to code on a train on the way home! 

I tested with a music video collection type and it seemed to work fine.. At least it showed me the video that was in there. 

You did change the setting in the settings and save it to true first?

Edited by chessdragon136

chessdragon136

Yes thanks and it is all correct.. Can take it down now.

It must be a tv series issue - bear with me but it'l take a day or so to track down

I enabled experimental as true, photo collection never opens, video or mix type collections opens, show backdrops, but when selecting any nothing happens

CBers

OK, thanks Chess.

Are you able to put up the version before v0.425 that you put up tonight please? Was it v0.421.

Edited by CBers

chessdragon136

Photos and Music wont open as there is no code there to play / show anything. 

Others like you say will open but not go further - that is what i kind of expected. 

On the plus side it does show that my code for adding new settings into the file works ok and it is recognised in the program. That's the main element in this update.

I'm really trying to get music out soon... Photos i don't know how to display them due to a limitation on the server

chessdragon136

Can someone else please confirm? I cannot replicate this.

Sorry CBers

Could you share more about the photo limitation?

Also, for the video collection, I group then into folders, but when they displayed, all the clips were displaying with no grouping

chessdragon136

@@Luke and other developers

Trying to display images in my app:

Is there any difference in how http handles images between the mediabrowser api call and a direct call:

ttp://192.168.1.108:2000/mediabrowser/Items/7c2d34011ac8c593e63bf4fbc5787da4/Images/Primary/0?

ttp://192.168.1.158/test.JPG

Just with a direct call my app can play the image file, but with the mediabrowser url i get a render error which Samsung documents as an error shown when the image format is not recognised (not jpg)

I have tried format=jpg but i can see from chrome that it is returning my image in its native native jpg format anyway..

Ideas?

Edited by chessdragon136

chessdragon136

Photo limitation is all due to the general design of the Samsung SDK which expects for other sources to push data to the tv (DLNA style) rather than to get data and display it.. so far i cannot make any image viewer that displays images from the server using the mediabrowser3 api.

As for the latter how does it display? 

Also - new version v0.425a out to fix error in v0.425 (I broke tv series!)

Thanks

It displays the clips which are the lowest level, I expect to see the folders first, then when I click on them I find the clips, but any way it's OK for now ; when will be able to show clip Metadata?

Edited by DaN

This how TV collection shows, a mix of season backdrops (when choosing it, nothing happens) and TV episodes

ejedudej.jpg

And this how they look in TV>show all

saqa9ade.jpg

When turning Experimental off, TV collection doesn't open at all

chessdragon136

Sorry i'm not completely 100% on this - from loading the app which menus do you go to to see the above?

So TV - All shows is showing correctly? (I havent touched this to my knowledge in todays update)

Thanks

Edited by chessdragon136

These are some folders with different collection type

6ehudazy.jpg

Family Photos (Photos) doesn't open

Family Videos (Home Videos) opens, no folders, nothing works

Movies (Movies) works

Music (music) doesn't open

Music show (Movies) works

Music Vids (Mixed movies & tv) displays Sorry... Message

In the first screen, I go to Media Folders, and I choose TV collection, in the second, TV>Show All

chessdragon136

@@DaN you havent updated to v0.425a - That is probably your problem with tv

as for other types i'm working on it, just is not as easy as i thought

CBers

P.S - I have pushed out a new version v0.425b which should be the same as a, just wondering if the file failed to update :S

OK, v0.425b allows me to enter my TV folder again.

OK, v0.425b allows me to enter my TV folder again.

Good, I'll try it when home

CBers

How do I check what version is downloaded/installed on TV?

Should show in bottom right-hand corner when app loads.

chessdragon136

@@DaN - did it fix it for you too? It may be that as I push out my updates remotely the file failed to update before pushing out the update. Thats the best case scenario.

Onto other good news, v0.450 is out. A semi major release, for users who want to test, Music playback is implemented in a relatively basic form... Just enable experimental mode. 

Music will playback throughout navigation and can be accessed once closed by the music icon in the top right. I won't say more, I'll let those willing to test test and let me know.

As a note I do expect lots of problems, I am pushing this out a few weeks earlier than expected but since I know the next few weekends i'm busy i thought i may as well push it out now and fix issues on a variable basis.

Personal Note - Find screensaver settings and enable screensaver on user choice (to save screenburn)

Enjoy

• Like 1

sornis

first try to update from .425b to .450 is becoming a challenge... since update is concluded and outside the app version shows .450 but inside the app version shows .425b

i've tried update over .425b and unistalling .425b and results are the same

Edited by sornis

chessdragon136

Try again now? I seem to have problems with dropbox not synchronising files properly me thinks