New QNAP Package for Testing

Luke

alucryd

I'll probably add that to the startup script if a certificate is found.

@@Luke Is it possible to get a launch flag to point to the certificate so that it works out of the box?

@@Luke so far so good everything is working like a charm atm (it never went further than 2 hours without crash i'm around 5 hours actually).

I guess you solved the issue pure curiosity but where it was comming from ?

I'll probably add that to the startup script if a certificate is found.

@@Luke Is it possible to get a launch flag to point to the certificate so that it works out of the box?

The certificate need to be converted to pfx beforehand - but would be nice to see Emby support LE out of box :)

Any idea why Emby asks browser to send client certificate?

We are not explicitly doing anything like that.

That is also my impression. Could it be something to do with the way how I export the certificate? Anybody who can help to test and see if the issue can be reproduced?

What problem are you having?

When I switch to HTTPS Emby asks the client (browser) to send client certificate (a browser pop up appears for choosing a certificate). For some reason Emby SSL engine tries to do two-way SSL (both server and client exchange their certificate), and it is very uncommon for a web application.

alucryd

You said the qnap certificate is from let's encrypt, is there a fullchain.pem in the directory? If so, could you try using this one instead of cert.pem or chain.pem to generate the pfx ?

You said the qnap certificate is from let's encrypt, is there a fullchain.pem in the directory? If so, could you try using this one instead of cert.pem or chain.pem to generate the pfx ?

I only see the following files, not sure which one is full chain......

• chain 
  • combine
  • csr 
  • intermediate.pem 
  • key
  • cert
Edited by somy

It's probably combine, if you take a look at it it should contain 2 certificates.

Yes, it contains two certificates. I now use "combine" instead "cert" for export but still get the pop up for choosing client certificate when first connecting to Emby......

How could this have anything to do with the server certificate? I thought client certificate is enforced by the HTTPS server. 

alucryd

I tried once more to get let's encrypt to work on my qnap but to no avail, even setting it as dmz on my router it still can't connect to the myqnapcloud server, let alone get a working certificate...

Anyway, I converted my let's encrypt certificate on my home server to pfx, should work the same way anyway. Connecting to emby with it over https one works like a charm, I'm not asked for any client certificate. Not sure what's going on here.

I tried once more to get let's encrypt to work on my qnap but to no avail, even setting it as dmz on my router it still can't connect to the myqnapcloud server, let alone get a working certificate...

Anyway, I converted my let's encrypt certificate on my home server to pfx, should work the same way anyway. Connecting to emby with it over https one works like a charm, I'm not asked for any client certificate. Not sure what's going on here.

Hi, thank you for trying it out! Can I ask what command did you use to convert to Pxf? Can you try to install a client certificate in OS and try again? I did some more experiment by removing all certificates from OS (Windows), and then I wasn’t asked for certificate by Emby. However if there is any client certificate installed in os (as an example I have Citrix certificate installed in iOS), the browser will ask for a client certificate. If I press cancel the page will load anyways, so I guess it is optional. I don’t have same issue with Qnap admin UI based on the same certificate or any other https sites. Could it be a setting at ssl server side that allows the client to optionally provide a certificate for authentication?

When I switch to HTTPS Emby asks the client (browser) to send client certificate (a browser pop up appears for choosing a certificate). For some reason Emby SSL engine tries to do two-way SSL (both server and client exchange their certificate), and it is very uncommon for a web application.

Yeah I saw this too, very weird.

Luke, just to inform you, no even one chrash happend o https connection so far :D . Only, I dont know is it server or android app, when I change transcoding settings, video stop respoding. Im must go back and start video from beggining. Same settings on browser, works fine....

Luke, just to inform you, no even one chrash happend o https connection so far :D . Only, I dont know is it server or android app, when I change transcoding settings, video stop respoding. Im must go back and start video from beggining. Same settings on browser, works fine....

Please see how to report a problem. Thanks.

@@Luke so since the package is up :

the HTTPS sound to work (a bit slower than the HTTP).

I got a weird crash once the HTTPS wasn't responding anymore but the HTTP was still working (different crash than before when it was just litteraly shutting down the server).

I got the same issue as some people requesting my certificat but only on CHROME, FIREFOX doesn't ask me anything and work decently.

Anyway great job about that :)

Edited by Vidarr

Hey,

@@Luke the HTTPS is doing a time out (after X times everytime i restart the HTTPS finish to not work, the HTTP still work).

do you need any specific log on the server i can give you ?

Edited by Vidarr

I'm seeing consistent stuttering on almost all of my blu ray mkv rips while using 3.2.50.3 and the Apple TV 4th gen (or Apple TV 4K) on my QNAP TS-653A.

Some of the videos stutter where the video freezes on a frame for a good half second every few seconds, and others glitch out visually (but the video doesn't stop) around the same frequency.

I have hardware transcoding enabled. If I go back to the QNAP version of Emby, using ffmpeg, the problem movies play fine (but near 100% CPU usage).

In 3.2.50.3 the movies won't play without stuttering even if I disable hardware transcoding.

Attached are my logs. Any ideas?

Luke, I'm still seeing this. Anything I can do to help figure it out? Interestingly, it seems the same movies have this same problem in PLEX. But playing them with Infuse works fine.

Luke, I'm still seeing this. Anything I can do to help figure it out? Interestingly, it seems the same movies have this same problem in PLEX. But playing them with Infuse works fine.

We both have the same problem because we are both using the native Apple player, which comes with it's own set of benefits and limitations. This is where you have a conundrum. You need to drop the bitrate to something the Apple player can handle, but you're having a hard time doing that because your NAS can't transcode it well enough to actually do that.