Emby server memory usage

parrish

Sitting at 2.3GB right now.  Installing Windows updates and will reboot again.  What else can be causing this?  How do I verify that I am running net core?

Memory usage is at 1.16GB.  I've attached the most recent log.

Can you try disabling the server's dlna features under the Dlna menu and see if that makes a difference? it will help narrow it down. thanks.

Mines been up for just over 8 days, and memory usage is 324MB, so updating to the latest version has cured my troubles by the looks of it. It used to use 4GB in 24 hours.

Ok, well 500mb is not an earth shattering amount. i would just wait and see how it progresses with the latest version. Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
andresr

Hope everyone had a great holiday season.  Has there been any update on this issue?  To mitigate things, I have a scheduled task that restarts the service every night, but that is more of kludge.

He actually is on the latest .net core version. @@andresr I'm not yet sure what your issue is because with the latest version of the server, this is becoming an increasingly rare problem.

However, please try again with the next release of emby server as there is another round of performance improvements that may help. thanks.

Arkieboy72472

Mine is sitting @ idle at 103MB. 500MB for a process isn't that bad in today's world. A web browser uses that much.

killride

Hope everyone had a great holiday season.  Has there been any update on this issue?  To mitigate things, I have a scheduled task that restarts the service every night, but that is more of kludge.

You are not the only one with this issue, I have to same thing. When the server IU become to be slow I restart it, It happens around 6-7go Ram used.

Disable the Emby Kodi Sync Queue helps a lot but it's not a solution.

Cheers

A web browser uses that much.

Chrome is the biggest memory user (by far) on my development system.  This includes several IDEs going at the same time.  Chrome is currently using about 1.5GB of memory on my desktop.  I'm sure that's a big part of what makes it fast.

andresr

I average a little over 1GB usage after 24 hours.  I have a scheduled task to restart it automatically and keep things under control.  Looking forward to the new version to try.

Jdiesel

I haven't noticed any slow downs but after 3 days uptime I'm sitting at 1.9GB

PID   USER      PR  NI    VIRT    RES    SHR S  %CPU %MEM     TIME+ COMMAND
27471 emby      20   0 5370488 1.935g  30304 S   4.3 12.4  68:33.93 EmbyServer

BloodyIron

So my installation has a current uptime of 18 days. I'm on 3.2.60.0, but have not put the time to get going with the .NET Core edition just yet (sorry!).

In the VM It's using 2.86GB, but my monitoring graphs show that there may be some sort of periodic larger garbage collection going on, as RAM usage dropped from about 43% to about 10% (total RAM for the VM is 5GB). So far as I am aware, this garbage collection was not the result of the Emby-Server service being restarted or upgraded, as I haven't done that in a few days, and the uptime of 18 days reinforces that. The garbage collection I just mentioned happened about 9 days ago.

That being said, I haven't seen it explode into Swap yet either, so I'm quite sure this is an improvement, but I am also not sure if this is a problem. It does confuse me that other users running this on Windows report it's using substantially less RAM.

Honestly though, I'm okay with it using RAM, as long as it's in-check. RAM is meant to be used, as long as it's not abused ;)

So, is this helpful info? I'm not sure. :/

pir8radio

So my installation has a current uptime of 18 days. I'm on 3.2.60.0, but have not put the time to get going with the .NET Core edition just yet (sorry!).

In the VM It's using 2.86GB, but my monitoring graphs show that there may be some sort of periodic larger garbage collection going on, as RAM usage dropped from about 43% to about 10% (total RAM for the VM is 5GB). So far as I am aware, this garbage collection was not the result of the Emby-Server service being restarted or upgraded, as I haven't done that in a few days, and the uptime of 18 days reinforces that. The garbage collection I just mentioned happened about 9 days ago.

That being said, I haven't seen it explode into Swap yet either, so I'm quite sure this is an improvement, but I am also not sure if this is a problem. It does confuse me that other users running this on Windows report it's using substantially less RAM.

Honestly though, I'm okay with it using RAM, as long as it's in-check. RAM is meant to be used, as long as it's not abused ;)

So, is this helpful info? I'm not sure. :/

3.2.60.0 is .net core isn't it?

• Like 1