Emby server memory usage

parrish

Just follow the installation instructions on the emby website. That's all need to do to get the appropriate version for your environment.

Please let us know if this helps. Thanks.

BloodyIron

Er, I updated to 3.2.50.0 through the package manager... would that have served the .NET core version?

All these windows users reporting ludicrously low amounts of RAM usage are making me... jealous or something. ARGH! ;P (no, I'm not going to switch to Windows, but this .NET core thing sounds... worth using, in Linux).

It looks like I'm running 3.2.28.0, I've attached the current server logs.

I'll download and install the lastest version and report back on how that goes, since reboot last night Emby's back up to 1.75GB

Server logs.7z

Did that last night, now on version 3.2.50.0 and memory usage is at 255MB this morning, so a lot better than yesterday morning.

I'm a little confused though as there is no tray icon, and the service hasn't started, yet Emby works and there is a EmbyServer.exe process running. Previously after updating I'd close the try icon and start the service, setting it to automatic.

I also have an Emby Service and a Media Browser service, which I've had for a long time, is the Media Browser service no longer required, and if if not how do I get rid of it?

Edited to add.

Emby is using 110MB tonight, so looking good.

It seems that both Emby Service and the Media Browser service both point to the same program, so as long as one or the other is started it shouldn't be an issue, but I'm still not sure what actually is running, as neither service is.

Edited by Ronski

BloodyIron

Instead of from the repo? Will the .NET core version be served through the repo in the future, or?

Yes, please install the latest version from the website, thanks !

Instead of from the repo? Will the .NET core version be served through the repo in the future, or?

Always follow the instructions on the emby website. That is the only officially supported installation procedure. 

I've been watching this thread for a while and I'm also seeing high memory usage.  I am running Windows Server 2016 and I restarted the service today after my memory usage hit 2.2GB.  I did a complete uninstall and reinstall last week and I am on 3.2.50.

Happy2Play

I've been watching this thread for a while and I'm also seeing high memory usage.  I am running Windows Server 2016 and I restarted the service today after my memory usage hit 2.2GB.  I did a complete uninstall and reinstall last week and I am on 3.2.50.

So is the usage with new version or old?

This was with 3.2.50.  I have had to restart the service a couple of times, since I reinstalled it last week, for excessive memory usage, this was just the most recent occurrence.

Happy2Play

This was with 3.2.50.  I have had to restart the service a couple of times, since I reinstalled it last week, for excessive memory usage, this was just the most recent occurrence.

I guess some context of what the server is doing when you see this issue.  On my Windows systems a hardly ever see over 450Mb of Memory ever used.

The Emby server has been sitting idle since the last service restart, no streaming.  The only activity would be logging into the dashboard and viewing the configuration.  I have been watching memory usage grow since I restarted it an hour ago, and memory usage has grown 2.5Mb in the last 5 minutes.

Edited by andresr

RedBaron164

Hopefully I'm not counting my chickens before they've hatched, but after upgrading my 3.2.36 instance to 3.2.50 my memory issues appear to be resolved. After 24 hours Emby is using less than 300mb of ram on Server 2012 R2. 

Happy2Play

Checked this morning and I'm at 1.43GB.

The plugins are not loading but you appear to a few plugins that are not compatible or obsolete, but it is hard to tell exactly which plugins they are.

2017-12-12 10:44:15.572 Error App: LoaderException: Could not load file or assembly 'MediaBrowser.Controller, Version=3.0.5942.36704, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'. The system cannot find the file specified.
2017-12-12 10:44:15.572 Error App: LoaderException: Could not load file or assembly 'MediaBrowser.Common, Version=3.0.5942.36705, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'. The system cannot find the file specified.
2017-12-12 10:44:15.572 Error App: LoaderException: Could not load file or assembly 'MediaBrowser.Model, Version=3.0.5942.36706, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'. The system cannot find the file specified.

Hmm. I did a complete uninstall and reinstall last week and restored the config using the Backup plugin.  I only have 4 plugins installed currently.  Genre Cleaner, Studio Cleaner, Emby XML, and Backup & Restore.  I had CoverArt installed, but was asked to uninstall it to test.

Edited by andresr

Happy2Play

Hmm. I did a complete uninstall and reinstall last week and restored the config using the Backup plugin.  I only have 4 plugins installed currently.  Genre Cleaner, Studio Cleaner, Emby XML, and Backup & Restore.  I had CoverArt installed, but was asked to uninstall it to test.

Can you post a new log.  That snippet was from previous posted log.

What plugins are in the plugin folder?

Edited by Happy2Play

Log Posted.  In the plugins folder, I see an Anime plugin and a Rotten Tomatoes plugin, but they don't show in the plugins tab on the dashboard.  In the configuration folder I see a config file for a Trailers plugin as well.

Log.txt

post-264248-0-61754700-1513281836_thumb.png

Happy2Play

Log Posted.  In the plugins folder, I see an Anime plugin and a Rotten Tomatoes plugin, but they don't show in the plugins tab on the dashboard.  In the configuration folder I see a config file for a Trailers plugin as well.

The Rotten Tomatoes plugin is obsolete, I believe it was integrated into server core. 

Looks like you need to reinstall Anime plugin as you have a non compatible version installed.