UWP Testers

7illusions

swhitmore

Will this release require the insider build? If that's the case, I suggest waiting for the anniversary update this week.

SilentAssassin

Not really a bug but on the movie details screen if you have trailers the button looks as though it is cut off.

579da6ffc3f25_Sketch.png

Edit, sorry about the screenshot, it didn't look like that in the app but you can at least see the trailer button.

Edited by SilentAssassin
  • Like 1

7illusions

Will this release require the insider build? If that's the case, I suggest waiting for the anniversary update this week.

I still need to await a SDK with a Go Live license before I can submit to store. :)

FrostByte

I haven't seen any show stoppers for release.  No crashes at least

The fixes I would like to see before release, but nothing real big if time is an issue

1. Stop/Shuffle buttons on NP placed at the bottom

2. No Collections shown in Movies (This one will probably get noticed by people once released).  If not then maybe a "Coming Soon" message to tell people you know its broke :)

7illusions

Thing is, I can't reproduce the Collections issue..

My server returns collections just fine. :(

FrostByte

Strange...mine returns collections on the side menu, but not within Movies.    It's just blank.  Maybe it's just me then

Vicpa

Hi

I am seeing the same as Frostbyte.

Just so we are all looking at the same place :) 

579e24298bba6_Screenshot26.png

-vicpa

• Like 1

FrostByte

.77 shows collections now from Movies.  Thanks.  Even if it functions wrong I think it's better than releasing it showing nothing.

At this point my issues are small and mostly UI tweaks that I already addressed.  No crashes, and the things that are there seem to be functioning correctly.  If you had to release it as is I think it would be good for me. 

Just wish we could have tested it with XB1  

-FB

7illusions

I agree. I will run it on my xb1 for a few days now and most likely will have to address some issues.

Vicpa

Hi

I haven't run across any showstoppers. in 77 or 78 so far. :) 

Some ui things as noted.

Time permitting. Two things would be beneficial

Sync tweaks. ( been noted in forum as some challenges in existing app)

MCE remote tweaks, in particular playback controls. Pause, play stop. etc. They seem the most important to me anyway :) 

Thank you 7 for all your hard work!!!

Vicpa

Hi

79 ? introduced regression Mouse click on movies in home screen, no longer working. Can't open details.

• Like 2

FrostByte

I think there is another bug on the Home Screen with movies.  It does not auto highlight the first green dot.  So you have to click the scrolling arrow twice the first time to make it change

Edited by FrostByte

7illusions

Would be cool if it auto scrolled through the movies on a timer :)

It's already implemented, just turned off. :)

• Like 1

7illusions

Hi

79 ? introduced regression Mouse click on movies in home screen, no longer working. Can't open details.

Damn! I was so focused on getting the MCE mode functioning well and forgot about mouse... Will sort today.

FrostByte

One crash today.  I started playing a soundtrack and there was already a Now Playing bar at the bottom from the last album I played.  Can't seem to duplicate the crash now

FrostByte

I haven't been able to find any issues with .81 yet.  I'll look at it some more though after watching some Walking Dead. 

Good job Sir.  Hope to see this out in the store soon so I can use it on my XB1

• Like 1

SilentAssassin

With .81 as soon as you just touch any of the new movie items you enter that item, you can't swipe them. It works perfect with next up TV and latest TV items.

Also the chopped off trailer button still exists, I know not a fault but from a UI perspective it looks wrong.

Also do you force the app into full screen? When using a touch only device it makes navigation a bit of a pain as there is no onscreen back button so you have no way of going back to the previous screen. I know you can swipe down off the top of your touch screen to bring up the title bar which has a back button but I'm not sure how many tablet uses know that gesture exists.

Edited by SilentAssassin
  • Like 1

FrostByte

Not sure if it's too late for the big release, but the auto generated genre posters Emby makes are kind of distorted in the app.  They are square album/cd shaped in the web client, but stretched in the app.  It looks like the web client has a little room to play with on the regular sized posters which it uses on its auto generated ones.

UWP on left, web client on right

57a08cd0e378d_genres.jpg

Edited by FrostByte
  • Like 2

Vicpa

Hi

Personally I think those auto things are pretty stupid for genres. There is nice art done by the community. The titles are imbedded in the images. The auto things are useless without the "card" view that has a title. and not portable, as Frostbyte has pointed out. And what is up with the "?" in the diamond as a seperator. But that is just my opinion, LOL, :P . I won't tell you how I really feel.....

-vicpa

Edited by Vicpa
  • Like 1

7illusions

With .81 as soon as you just touch any of the new movie items you enter that item, you can't swipe them. It works perfect with next up TV and latest TV items.

Also the chopped off trailer button still exists, I know not a fault but from a UI perspective it looks wrong.

Also do you force the app into full screen? When using a touch only device it makes navigation a bit of a pain as there is no onscreen back button so you have no way of going back to the previous screen. I know you can swipe down off the top of your touch screen to bring up the title bar which has a back button but I'm not sure how many tablet uses know that gesture exists.

Only forces fullscreen if it was in fullscreen when app was closed.

The homeview swipe issue is fixed in next build.

• Like 3

FrostByte

.82 loaded

Hey, I noticed something changed with the Active Devices in the dashboard.  When a song first pops up it still says "Transcoding", but after the slider starts moving it says "Direct Playing" now.  Not sure if this was a change on the app side or the server side.  It's not perfect, but at least when it refreshes and starts playing it gets it right

SilentAssassin

Only forces fullscreen if it was in fullscreen when app was closed.

The homeview swipe issue is fixed in next build.

Can confirm with .82 that the home view swipe issue is now fixed. Also noticed you've fixed the trailer button, looks a lot better now.

Thanks for your hard work.

• Like 1

swhitmore

Downloading the anniversary update at home, so keen to try this tonight. So will this now work on build 14393 which is being released to the general public?