UWP Testers

7illusions

Vicpa

Hi All

Pause, play, stop a thing of beauty from the remote. :) even art in the OSD. Awesome!!! Thanks

One minor ui thing with the remote. If you use it to start video playback from the details screen in movies. You get this square box in upper right. Mouse and Keyboard no. Pause and Play etc once on playback screen no box. See Below

57ab1b9b73cb3_playbackSceen.png

Thanks 7 !!! Will continue to check

-vicpa

• Like 1

7illusions

Hi All

Pause, play, stop a thing of beauty from the remote. :) even art in the OSD. Awesome!!! Thanks

One minor ui thing with the remote. If you use it to start video playback from the details screen in movies. You get this square box in upper right. Mouse and Keyboard no. Pause and Play etc once on playback screen no box. See Below

57ab1b9b73cb3_playbackSceen.png

Thanks 7 !!! Will continue to check

-vicpa

Updated build available. :)

• Like 1

FrostByte

Just loaded .87   and playing with subtitles a little more.  Not sure if this is a bug or a request, but shouldn't subtitles marked as "forced" play automatically?  They do in other clients.  I have to manually select the subtitle wether it's forced or not.  Only when there isn't a forced subtitle would I think I have to manually select a subtitle

Edit: my subtitles are all "movie name.eng.forced.srt"  or just "movie title.eng.srt" external

Edited by FrostByte

7illusions

Yes, that part I actually had forgotten about. Will add it to the backlog. :)

• Like 2

7illusions

Just loaded .87   and playing with subtitles a little more.  Not sure if this is a bug or a request, but shouldn't subtitles marked as "forced" play automatically?  They do in other clients.  I have to manually select the subtitle wether it's forced or not.  Only when there isn't a forced subtitle would I think I have to manually select a subtitle

Edit: my subtitles are all "movie name.eng.forced.srt"  or just "movie title.eng.srt" external

@@FrostByte can you try latest beta. Also, can you test with .ass and .ssa subs to see if they work?

FrostByte

@@FrostByte can you try latest beta. Also, can you test with .ass and .ssa subs to see if they work?

I don't have any other formats other than SRT, but I'll search for some.  Would like to figure out why that other guy is having problems with subtitles

FrostByte

Nm, I have the program SubEdit and it looks like it can save as other formats.  Will try something after loading new beta

FrostByte

v89

It appears it's burning in the subtitle and displaying the text subtitle at the same time.  It did it automatically though, when I click "cc" it was already on.

http://pastebin.com/Dy0ikVvy

Cinema Paradiso (1988).mkv

Cinema Paradiso (1988).eng.forced.srt

57acd6088bfca_subtitle1.jpg

Edit: it was very, very choppy as well.  Played a short bit, then transcoded/buffered some more every 20 - 30 seconds.  Oh, and it crashed once also

Edited by FrostByte

Vicpa

Hi,

I be going back :) another thing of beauty!!

Small but big regression. the header of the playback screen doesn't disappear when playback starts.

7illusions

Hi,

I be going back :) another thing of beauty!!

Small but big regression. the header of the playback screen doesn't disappear when playback starts.

DAMN!! How could I forget that part.. It will be fixed asap.

FrostByte

v91

Subtitles seem work as designed.  Tried with external SRT, will try other formats in a bit.  Double subtitles is gone.  Still stutters, but not as bad as v89 when it burned in the subtitles too.

I think someone may have mentioned this already, but wanted to add a picture

57adccf0bfd60_720.jpg

• Like 1

FrostByte

The only thing I can figure out is that all my AC3 files stutter at the beginning.  DTS files play fine.  Not sure if that's because DTS files are always remuxed, or what.  Bitrate doesn't seem to be the issue for me, I have a lot of high bitrate DTS files

Vicpa

Hi,

I sent some notes, this was in the forum

"My other problem is one I know your looking into but for more info for you. Video playback stuttering (Not on live TV) On the same PC as the server with loopback set. Running the latest Windows 10 (1607?) I did noticed it seemed better using Emby Connect rather than just selecting the server."

Frostbyte if you sync one and play it that way does it still stutter?

FrostByte

I haven't tried syncing yet.  Will try that.  Most of my testing is on my server with loopback.  When my wife gets home I'll try it on her  laptop with and without sync

7illusions

Yes. UWP apps don't have access to the filesystem programatically, only by showing a filepicker dialog. :(

FrostByte

Heh, I'm going to have to figure this out.  I got some shows synced, but I keep making it crash.  I'll try something different

FrostByte

I've tried 2 movies synced so far and both played much better synced than not.  I was using original quality too.

Also, can make it crash doing these steps every time

Click "Offline" circle

Click Server to connect to

This is from my Emby server using loopback

7illusions

Thanks, will get on the bug asap.

Playback, wonder what's causing it...

FrostByte

I'll keep trying to figure it out.  So far I've seen

1. ACS is worse than DTS for stuttering (maybe because DTS remuxes and ACS doesn't)

2. Seems to be get better after first 20 seconds of video

Maybe it is a buffering thing, but hitting pause doesn't seem to help

FrostByte

I tried ASS/SAA subtitles externally and they both worked fine.  That other guy still hasn't replied to say what his files were

SikSlayer

I tried ASS/SAA subtitles externally and they both worked fine.  That other guy still hasn't replied to say what his files were

Was it me? I think I remember mentioning them.