UWP Testers

7illusions

FrostByte

Was it me? I think I remember mentioning them.

Ahh, didn't catch you were having problems with subtitles also.   No, jordanlvt is the guy I was referring to who said he was having problems getting the app to recognize his internal subtitles, but he didn't know what format they were in.  So far I've gotten ASS,SRT, and SSA subs to work.  I'm guessing he has graphical internal subtitles and not text ones like mine are.  Just my guess.  He hasn't come back yet though to say

FrostByte

FR:  Change color of selected header to accent color

v94

Can the selected header be highlighted the same color as the accent color you choose?  Right now it's bolded white.  For instance clicking Movies, then Favorites column, the word "Favorites" would be the same color as the setting.

• Like 1

FrostByte

Noticed several bugs with the accept setting ("Home" doesn't change, etc), but I figure it will be changing so will hold off listing them.  I like the idea though

Vicpa

FR:  Change color of selected header to accent color

v94

Can the selected header be highlighted the same color as the accent color you choose?  Right now it's bolded white.  For instance clicking Movies, then Favorites column, the word "Favorites" would be the same color as the setting.

I like this as well. Another option would be to have the "7illusions treatment" from the old app and have the last letter in the accent color.  I rather liked that, not sure how it would look in the new app, what do you think? :) 

• Like 2

FrostByte

v95

I can't log in for some reason.  I click on the server name and it just pops right back to the Select server screen

FrostByte

I'll have to uninstall.  Won't install 94 because it says theirs a higher version already installed

FrostByte

Ok, I'm in with v94 now.  After clicking server name it asked me to click on a user.  It didn't do that with 95

Vicpa

Hi,

Frostbyte, 7 . I tested (only can) a slightly different senario that seems fine. I don't ever log out of the client. I updated to .95 and it came up no problem. Seeing your posts, I tried logging out and got the server list, clicked server got users and was able to log back in. Then tried logging out and closing the app, reopened went right to user list and was able to log in.

Maybe because my credentials were cached when I did the upgrade it worked. Frostbyte maybe you could try that now that you are in with 94.

Don't know if that helps tracking down the issue or not.

FrostByte

Same thing.  I normally don't need to click server or user name, it just logs right in.  For some reason when I upgrade to v95 it doesn't remember my logon and won't get past clicking server name

I see you're on the latest build of Windows too, so that isn't the problem.

7illusions

Uploaded a new vesion with Debug logging enabled. Maybe we can get something out of the logs. :)

FrostByte

Ok, been trying 96 with same results.  Tried just clicking server, Connect, Add new with local IP, and Offline.   First 3 just pop right back to Select server screen and the Offline crashes.

Do you need me to send something, or are you getting your debug automatically?

7illusions

No, I need the logs from you.

%AppData%\..\Local\Packages\436337Illusions.com.MediaBrowser_77hd5e1v1hqs4\LocalState\Logs

7illusions

According to the logs it only tried to connect to your external ip.. It should try the internal first. Will do some testing

• Like 1

FrostByte

Ya, I noticed that in all logs and was surprised myself.  The zip should have contained logs of me trying each method twice, but typed my internal IP when adding a new server and that IP never showed in the logs then either.  I haven't opened up my system to people on the outside yet.  Maybe that's why it works for Vicpa and not me?

Edited by FrostByte

7illusions

I had implemented some checks on the network layer to detect LAN connectivity.. for some unknown reason your system doesn't report lan access, only InternetAccess, that's why it tried the external address only.
New version available now, v97. :)

• Like 1

FrostByte

Okay, I'm in now with v97.  Did you remove the network check then?

Not sure why my system would report LAN was down and Internet up because both seem to be working fine.   Not sure if any of these help but my environment includes:

latest Windows build,

updated to .NET 42,

running Defender firewall

running app on server with loopback

7illusions

Basically I extended the network layer functionality and removed some.

The app now always try to connect to servers, first local and second as External, even if in Airplane mode.. This means that a localhost servers will always be accessible even if network is turned off.

I then added another check for sync where I check to see if we have a unmetered connection that can be used if the user has enabled the "Only sync on LAN" option

• Like 2

Vicpa

Hi

Feedback So far.  Glad the network stuff was sorted!!. Is there any logs we can send to verify.

The below seems to be working,  New or....Sometimes I have an underline highlight in accent on the selected horizontal menu's at the top, sometimes not is that an "appshell" thing?

• Added option to only sync on Local network
  • Fixes Issue #142: UI ScreenSaver Spacing Title and Headline.
  • Remove Header Logo and add accent color
  • Fixes Issue #138: UI Artist icon should not be visible on playlist screen
  • Fixes Issue #140: Remote Friendly – Alpha picker
  • Refresh controls in AppShell when applying resources
  • FIxes Issue #133: Splashscreen shows the back button

And Best of All an Updated 7illusions Treatment !!!! :) 

Thanks! 7

-Vicpa

• Like 1