External player support

jscoys

JMGNYC

Is Emby Theater maximized when you're seeing this? Does it happen when maximized, not maximized, or both? 

In addition, I've posted build 2.4.1. Please let me know if that helps. Thanks.

It only seems to happen when it is maximized. I noticed that when I ALT-TAB it shows that MPC-HC has the focus oddly even though ET is in front of it.

Where can I get 2.4.1 to test with?

Can not seem to figure out why after 35 to 45 mins PDVD16 closes  back to ET  turning off screen saver to none but keeps doing it this does not happen if i use the old ET any help wpuls be appreciaated

Can not seem to figure out why after 35 to 45 mins PDVD16 closes  back to ET  turning off screen saver to none but keeps doing it this does not happen if i use the old ET any help wpuls be appreciaated

Hi, can you re-word everything after back to et. i'm having a hard time understanding. Thanks!

as far as the player closing, the only thing i can think of is that if a stop command comes in, we do send a signal to the process to shut down.

I am watching movie and all the sudden the player closes back the ET screen with the play button it happened between 35 and 45 mins the old ET played fine

I am watching movie and all the sudden the player closes back the ET screen with the play button it happened between 35 and 45 mins the old ET played fine

Start thinking of things you have configured to happen after that amount of inactivity...  Monitor shut off?  Screen saver? Machine sleep...?  Anything at the system level.  Then, if you find something, try changing the timing of it and see if that has an effect.

My computer is set to never sleep and no screen saver it is my main computer that runs all the time it does not do this in the old ET so it something in the new one Maybe because i use external player the program thinks nothing is happening 

2.4.2 is headed up and will disable all window syncing during external player playback. Let me know if that helps with the focus issue. thanks.

JMGNYC

2.4.2 still has the same problem. Video starts playing, MPC-HC is topmost. About 2 seconds in ET forces itself back on top.

I'm on Win7 if that makes any difference.

if you manually put the mpc window back on top, does it stay there correctly or does it keep happening?

JMGNYC

It stays there once I get it back on top at least for a good while. I haven't watched a full movie, mostly TV episodes.

2.4.2 works for the closing during playing just watched a whole movie thanks for all the hard work and quick response keep up the good woek

Sad to say but 2.4.2 is still closing pdvd 37 min in i have a issue with cyberlink because they used to have a key to keep on top but no longer i guess i will keep using the old ET because this one does not like external players

Hi Luke. I'm having an odd problem where ET is open as a smaller window after playback using MPC-HC. ET will be full screen, I'll play a file using MPC in full screen, when the video ends, MPC closes, but then ET shows in a small window. I have to remote into my machine in order to maximize it.

Any ideas? Thanks!

JMGNYC

I thought I'd report this as it is the first time it has happened. Started a movie and ET immediately pushed to the front. ALT-TAB to bring MPC-HC back to the front as usual. What was new is that after about 30 seconds ET pushed itself back on top again. This is the first time it has done that. ALT-TAB again to get MPC-HC back in front and it then stayed there for the rest of the movie.

Upon finishing the movie, none of the sound affects were working in ET any longer. Everything else was fine though that I could see.

The sound effects is a chromium or electron issue, or possibly lav filters. if any audio from any application on the system bitstreams audio, the electron webview will lose the ability to play audio until it is reloaded. i am guessing chromium is relying on some resource to be free in order to play the sound and after hdmi passthrough is utilized that resource is for whatever reason reported as no longer available.

JMGNYC

The sound effects is a chromium or electron issue, or possibly lav filters. if any audio from any application on the system bitstreams audio, the electron webview will lose the ability to play audio until it is reloaded. i am guessing chromium is relying on some resource to be free in order to play the sound and after hdmi passthrough is utilized that resource is for whatever reason reported as no longer available.

Ah well. Minor issue in the big scheme of things just mentioned it in case you guys didn't know.

Would love to have the z-order thing fixed, or better yet a usable internal player.

2.4.4 is headed up and it's just going to minimize the app for external players. 

dimitrik

I've just tested and now there are no focus problems whatsoever! MPC HC works fine and as expected as an external player.

Thanks Luke! Now I can finally test ET as my main client.