External player support

jscoys

Heuer

Latest update has wiped all my external player settings. Anyone else found this?

• Like 1

jscoys

+1 but i think it's an isolated problem. Maybe there have been some new way of storing data. Will see at next update if the wipe persist or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by jscoys

solabc16

Latest update has wiped all my external player settings. Anyone else found this?

+1 but i think it's an isolated problem. Maybe there have been some way of storing data. Will see at next update if the wipe persist or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same here.

Evening

Yes, I noticed the same thing a day or so ago, fortunately my test configurations are all posted somewhere in this thread, so didn't take long to put it back in order.

- James

i mentioned earlier that all data would be wiped on a one-time basis.

• Like 1

Davco

Evening

Yes, I noticed the same thing a day or so ago, fortunately my test configurations are all posted somewhere in this thread, so didn't take long to put it back in order.

- James

I have re-enabled my settings and ET no longer wants use my external player (MPC-BE x64). I tried with VLC and it’s the same thing. An idea ? 

EDIT: I uninstalled by deleting all data and no change.

EDIT2: Problem solved by unchecking "Additionnal filters 3D"... :rolleyes:

Edited by Davco

jscoys

I understand what you say here and I saw your message. But please consider that some people didn't come on this forum to read this feed and just discovered that their data configuration have disappeared after ET update...

Don't want to explain you how to manage that, but maybe a little note throughout a blog entry could do the job? To resume, IMO, this kind of information should be more exposed to final users than a simple post among 100, 400, 1000 or + other messages posted daily on this forum...

LuizFeitosa
Why not be able to change conficuracoes subtitles, wanted to use an external player, however even following what I've seen here in the forum, can not operate the MPC-HC x64, someone would have a tip?

Thank you.

Why not be able to change conficuracoes subtitles, wanted to use an external player, however even following what I've seen here in the forum, can not operate the MPC-HC x64, someone would have a tip?
Thank you.

Hi, can  you please be more specific? Thanks.

LuizFeitosa

I am unable to use any external video player, even apparently setting right, so goes the standard player.

post-779-0-20307500-1464376763_thumb.jpg

LuizFeitosa

uncheck 3d

Thank you, turning off the 3D MPC-HC64 program entered, however does not carry the right file, always loads only the first folder movie file.
My library is in Drive "J" in the movies folder, and inside the Movie folder contains folders with the names of the films, for example:

J:\Movies\12 Years a Slave;
J:\Movies\300 Rise of an Empire;
J:\Movies\Aliens.

Now I just need to learn how to configure the {path} to the external player work if power of a tip, thank you.

When I play a BR ISO movie from ET, it launches PDVD quite well, but 5s later ET gets back on top.

Is there a way currently to avoid that?

Or should I be doing this in another way?

Sorry to post this again but I did not find any solution, or final answer yet.

When using PDVD 16 as an external player (through ISO mounting with VCD), PDVD launches, but ET comes back in focus after few seconds.

Any setting to solve my problem?

Many thanks!

I am having the same problem pdvd launchs with any video then with in  seconds ET becomes ontop and pdvd is playing in the back ground any help would be appreciated

Is there anyway to keep theET from playing trailers any time i pick a movie and click play two trailers star playing then the movie will start in pdvd but the on onbord player switichs back the the ET screen i tryed always ontop programs for pdvd but they do not help the ET screen stills comes up and PDVD in back ground

JMGNYC

I'm again having the problem of launching MPC-HC and then having ET force itself back on top so the video is only playing in the background. Is there a setting fix for this?

I originally went to an external player because the internal player was having the same problem of the video playing in the background (along with inconsistent and incorrect refresh rate switching).

It is pretty much unusable right now so I would really like a fix for this.

I'm on Win7 still. Perhaps upgrading to Win10 will help?

ShoutingMan

I've read the thread and am still confused: how do I configure Emby to play Blu-ray Discs and Blu-ray ISOs in PowerDVD 16? Thanks!

(I've got the path set for PowerDVD16.exe, and nothing happens except for a spinner within Emby. I'm using the free download; I don't have any Emby subscription yet.)

Edited by ShoutingMan

I take all my blue ray iso and just copy the two folders BDMV and CERTIFICATE over to a folder and pdvd will play the whole disc saves from having to load iso on a vitual hard  and you need to put {path} in the argument area

JMGNYC

I'm again having the problem of launching MPC-HC and then having ET force itself back on top so the video is only playing in the background. Is there a setting fix for this?

I originally went to an external player because the internal player was having the same problem of the video playing in the background (along with inconsistent and incorrect refresh rate switching).

It is pretty much unusable right now so I would really like a fix for this.

I'm on Win7 still. Perhaps upgrading to Win10 will help?

Am I the only one having this problem? I've tried everything I can think of an ET is still forcing its way back to the top covering the video. It must be something that came in a recent update as I didn't use to have this problem. 

I'm at a bit of a loss on how to get ET working. Anyone have any suggestions?

Am I the only one having this problem? I've tried everything I can think of an ET is still forcing its way back to the top covering the video. It must be something that came in a recent update as I didn't use to have this problem. 

I'm at a bit of a loss on how to get ET working. Anyone have any suggestions?

Is Emby Theater maximized when you're seeing this? Does it happen when maximized, not maximized, or both? 

In addition, I've posted build 2.4.1. Please let me know if that helps. Thanks.