External player support

jscoys

Thanks for responding i checkexd in the ole theatre and the path is the same and it loads thanks for the hard work

Hi JMR,

How did you get ET working with TMT 6 for ISO launching as I'm tring to do the same? I have ISO ticked in the external player setting. In the External Player under Player Path I have:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe

In the 'command line arguments' field I have:

{path}

In Windows (8.1) I have .ISO files associated with TMT 6. I also have Autoplay set to launch TMT 6 for BDs.

When I hit play in ET, VCD mounts the ISO then nothing happens - TMT 6 doesn't launch.

I can't wait to switch to the new ET but ISO launching is the blocker right now.

Thanks,

Try to do the same over the command line without ET. That might help you identify any possible adjustments to the vcd command line

solabc16

Evening

Scripting a set of operations will be a lot more flexible and reliable, if we can resolve why this (below) doesn't work in ET but does in MBT. I've got as far as identifying the issue, but haven't been able to take it any further yet as I don't have an ET development environment setup.

http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/31284-external-player-support/?p=323410

Any ideas?

- James

Hi all,

For anyone wanting to use Powerdvd 15 or 16 to playback 3D ISO's, I found a method that works on both of my machines. I put my virtual optical drive (C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe) in the player path and the argument {path} only. I changed the association of the ISO's from Virtual Clone Drive to open with Powerdvd 16 and it works just great. I do have to manually hit the play button once Powerdvd pops up. I seems to be fairly fast.

I switched from DTLite to VCD to implement this solution as my DLite 10 installation didn't include the DTMount.exe file required to accept command-line parameters such as -mount. It's easier with VCD as you say - just point to the EXE and keep the arguments field as {path}. I use it with TMT6 instead of PowerDVD and it will also auto-play the film as long as you have selected Autoplay in the TMT program settings.

Try to do the same over the command line without ET. That might help you identify any possible adjustments to the vcd command line

Thanks Luke. I found that - even though TMT 6 was configured for BD Autoplay in Windows - when an ISO was mounted and I used right-click | Autoplay in Explorer, nothing happened. Suspect something was messed up in the Registry around this. I reset Autoplay, rebooted, changed BD Autoplay back to TMT6 and voila - Autoplay now works. Note that the reboot was required to fix it. So now when I play a BD ISO in ET VCD automatically mounts it, Windows Autoplay kicks in and launches TMT 6 and the film plays (Autoplay is also enabled in TMT 6).

• Like 1

arretium

Thanks for adding external player support.  The internal player was pretty buggy, but it did work for most the part..except if I ever wanted to skip ahead or rewind then it would always crash, so having the ability to use an external player is nice.

I do have a little problem with getting mine to work.

I can't seem to get MPC-HC to stop transcoding when I launch it from Emby Theater 2.2.4.  I've got the same settings used by the author of post #141 (seems the same as everyone else does), but it always launches with a streaming file from the emby Version 3.0.5931.0 server.  The machine ET is running on can access the files on the sever directory.  But I still can't get it to stop transcoding....Driving me crazy.  Any idea how to fix this ?  I'm sure it's something simple I'm missing somewhere...  ET itself doesn't seem to trancscode..if it is transcoding it's doing a much better job because the picuture is far higher quality than the stream I'm getting in MPC-HC.  If I launch MPC-HC by hand and manually work my way over to the movie on the server, I don't have the streaming/transcoding issue...but obviously would prefer to use the ET interface because..well..it rocks.

arretium

Thanks for adding external player support.  The internal player was pretty buggy, but it did work for most the part..except if I ever wanted to skip ahead or rewind then it would always crash, so having the ability to use an external player is nice.

I do have a little problem with getting mine to work.

I can't seem to get MPC-HC to stop transcoding when I launch it from Emby Theater 2.2.4.  I've got the same settings used by the author of post #141 (seems the same as everyone else does), but it always launches with a streaming file from the emby Version 3.0.5931.0 server.  The machine ET is running on can access the files on the sever directory.  But I still can't get it to stop transcoding....Driving me crazy.  Any idea how to fix this ?  I'm sure it's something simple I'm missing somewhere...  ET itself doesn't seem to trancscode..if it is transcoding it's doing a much better job because the picuture is far higher quality than the stream I'm getting in MPC-HC.  If I launch MPC-HC by hand and manually work my way over to the movie on the server, I don't have the streaming/transcoding issue...but obviously would prefer to use the ET interface because..well..it rocks.

I should add:

When I click on a Blu Ray folder it doesn't transcode.  It only does it for DVDs.  How odd is that ? 

arretium

I should add:

When I click on a Blu Ray folder it doesn't transcode.  It only does it for DVDs.  How odd is that ? 

I solved my own problem.

I had the wrong path substitutions set for in emby server.   I had to change them as follows

old:

\\server\movies\moviesfolders1

new:

\\server\movies\moviesfolders1\

one little "\" was the whole problem.

Anyway, problem solved.

:)

I solved my own problem.

I had the wrong path substitutions set for in emby server.   I had to change them as follows

old:

new:

Anyway, problem solved.

What can we do to avoid you thinking that it is an Emby problem? A couple of posts ago you were convinced that something was wrong with the application. Thanks.

• Like 1

VampirEnte

Hi 

I´m having problems using the external players plugin for emulators. I simply can´t create an external player for games. The only otion I get is to create one for movies. What am I doing wrong?

solabc16

I solved my own problem.

old:

new:

Anyway, problem solved.

Hi arretium

I had a look this evening to see if I could recreate this, as there would be an opportunity to make some improvements when the configuration is saved, if the omission of the trailing slash was the cause.

However, I've been unable to recreate the behaviour you described by omitting the trailing slash. Here's my config:-

571fb262953a8_path_sub.png

What's your configuration? Do you have one path for DVDs and another for BDs, which is why you had the different behaviour between them?

Best

- James

solabc16

Evening

For those using VLC, I've spent some more on the issue with the player intermittently staying in the background when launched from ET.

The key additional argument is '--no-embedded-video'. Here's the full configuration:-

571fc16c395fc_vlc4.png

I'm just using it for ISOs in this example, but feel free to select any other video formats supported by VLC.

Best

- James

Hi 

I´m having problems using the external players plugin for emulators. I simply can´t create an external player for games. The only otion I get is to create one for movies. What am I doing wrong?

That just isn't implemented at this time.

• Like 1

jscoys

Thanks for the external player support! Works like a charm with MPC-HC and VLC.

Totally agree with mark235. You did a really great job. I know that some people are waiting for video game emulation, but the system available now is at least enough to use external players for videos.

Thx a lot team for that great job!

JMGNYC

Using MPC-HC is working great so far. I could never get the internal player to work right with frame rate switching and madVR.

However, I do notice a couple of things.

1. Resume doesn't seem to be working.

2. When playback is stopped, the sounds in ET aren't working. Theme songs play fine though.

Using MPC-HC is working great so far. I could never get the internal player to work right with frame rate switching and madVR.

However, I do notice a couple of things.

1. Resume doesn't seem to be working.

2. When playback is stopped, the sounds in ET aren't working. Theme songs play fine though.

This is generic external player support, so it doesn't really know anything specific about MPC-HC. If a community member wants to build a plugin for MPC-HC, that would be fantastic because then it can communicate with the MPC web service to record progress and watched data.

What I can do is add the start position ms as an available token for the command line. That will at least allow you to resume, but it won't capture your playback progress.

And I've gone ahead and added start position ms, so you can use that to configure your command line.

jscoys

And I've gone ahead and added start position ms, so you can use that to configure your command line.

Waw thx! Just to confirm, we just have to use "ms" variable in the command Line?

Any way to get powerdvd 16 to force to close like in the old ET everything else is working fine thanks for all the hard work