Beta - 1080p Samsung Client

cmcg

FrostByte

Then you would have some on the menu and some on the top.  Plus you can get to them from anywhere when they are in the menu.  The ones at the top can only be seen from certain screens. 

fluffykiwi

I've noticed I'm slowly transitioning from using the top navigation to using the menu navigation. Mostly because I also use the menu to return to top of collections.

If the remote pointer is implemented I'll use the top items almost exclusively though.

It is nice to have the choice.

• Like 2

FrostByte

The smart remote that comes with H-series TVs and Evolution Kits has a red IR pointer that you can point at objects to select.  Replaced the smart remote from the F-series which had a touchpad.

Edit: oops I'm a little late :)

Edited by FrostByte
  • Like 1

fluffykiwi

I'd guess the remote pointer works very similarly to the touchpad remotes or even the camera navigation.

You put your thumb on the touchpad and a cursor appears onscreen and you then point your remote at your tv and click to make your selection.

Usually when you put your thumb on navigation arrows appear at the edges of the screen to allow you to move to further screens.

I do find it very useful and a really nice way to navigate with nearly all Samsung smart tv apps and menus.

Camera navigation is similar except you hold a finger up and the cursor appears and uou then move your arm about to move the cursor and bend your finger to make your selection. You make swiping motion to navigate to other screens.

I found this very gimmicky, and you need your room to be very well lit.

I rarely even have the camera active anymore, unless I'm showing off to visitors, or skyping. Mostly when showing off I must admit. :)

I can also navigate using voice control, by talking to my smart remote, which feels very silly :P

Edited by fluffykiwi
  • Like 1

Was very excited about the new Music A-Z views as I have a very big library. However, the navigation logic appears to be not fully implemented. Selecting either Album, Album Artist or Artist brings up the A-Z view but whatever I select just takes me to the Recent view ignoring the selection. Hope it gets implemented soon as it is great app - making me question whether I need to invest in Emby Theater! On the positive side it is very quick generally on my UE65HU8500.

Would also be useful if the Recent view could have a toggle to switch from Track to Album mode. Those of use who have large music collections normally track recent additions by Album (i.e. Recent album additions into the library) rather than by track.

• Like 4

fluffykiwi

@@kkhan

Recent is the tracks you played last. What I think you are describing is Latest, which lists the latest albums added to the library, whether you have played them or not.

Emby for PC, Android, etc already have a Latest option for Music if you wish to check if that is what you'd like to see implemented.

Edited by fluffykiwi

@@mcpllabelle

Thanks for your feature request, which I have noted on each occasion you've made it. We are working to bring more features to the Samsung client and have plans for Live TVs and Internets Channels and maybe even cinema mode.

Please understand that the Samsung client is a community project and we give our time freely so I'm afraid I can not give you a time frame.

• Like 7

Gents I've been silent for a couple of weeks due to major changes going on (all of them good) but now I'm back. :)

Beautiful work you've been doing with the app. I just update from 2.0.5b to latest beta and was very please to find the subtitles font problem (off voice subs in a different font size than the rest of the subs) fixed. [emoji482][emoji482]

Now one thing I noted is that in the server configuration screen most if not all of the icons are missing?

b57e1ca61432f1925fe0181323e45d33.jpg

As always thanks for the fantastic job you are doing guys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by fc7
  • Like 4

FrostByte

Thanks fc7.  I mentioned this earlier, but forgot to post any pictures and dropped the ball.  I'm seeing the same thing as the post above on my F-series HTS, but not on my H-series TV.  No icons around the numbers and notice the commands in the bottom right.  The commands from the next screen where you enter your username are also displayed which is why it looks all garbled.

• Like 1

Hi @@fc7

Thanks for the screenshot. We had one similar report. It looks like the IME has picked up some style settings from somewhere that made it's background transparent. Did you try deleting the app and doing a fresh install?

Ultroman

By the way, forgot to say, that both my TVs are doing this, and they are H-series. Makes me wonder if it's a (server?) setting that's causing it, since FrostByte's H-series isn't missing the icons.

It is a bit confusing, but it looks more like a CSS inheritance issue. There never used to be a global section but there is now so it could be picking up some style elements that it shouldn't

SilentAssassin

The missing red, green, yellow, blue icons have been missing since the HD version was introduced. I always put it down to maybe the filenames changing for the new high res versions of the icons. Never got round to reporting it as the screen works as should and you never usually see it again after entering the details at first installation.

• Like 1

FrostByte

By the way, forgot to say, that both my TVs are doing this, and they are H-series. Makes me wonder if it's a (server?) setting that's causing it, since FrostByte's H-series isn't missing the icons.

That is kind of weird.  You guys are seeing it on your H-series TVs and I'm not, though I see it on my F-series HTS and cmcg isn't on his F-series TV.  Been this way since that new blue background was added a couple releases ago

I've just logged out of the app and choosing a different server, I see all of the icons on my F8000.

I'm confident I will not be able to replicate this issue on either the software emulator or my F8000 TV but I might see it on one of the older emulator versions.

Edited by cmcg